Derek

City '09?

That's not very friendly to express your feelings about school in that way, Darth_Legois - I'm studying for teacher - so you'd have to put a minifig of me in your Lego school and burn it down, too, do you really want that?! :cry_sad:

Do you mean the clear pics of the January-April City sets? (Other pics did regrettably not already appear - you surely have to wait at least until January.)Here you are.

Klaus-Dieter

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do, What does your sig-fig look like? :tongue::devil:

Jk!!!!! :wink::grin::laugh::tongue:

Oh ok thanks, Im on my Xp now so the parental blocker isant on now. :thumbup:

The instructions for the sets dont load for me :cry_sad:

Sounds good :thumbup:

Geez DL, why would you say such a thing :hmpf::tongue:

Oh please like you havent had your share of crappy posts :tongue: ...And I was just expressing my opinions and burning down my current school would mean burning down my house right now... :wacko::hmpf::grin::look::thumbdown:

I know that sometimes you have the need to make (and wirte) some nonsense - that's human. So I surely don't take this personal, hollisbrick and DL! :wink:

But know back to topic:

I'm very anxious to (if this information was roght - but I think that the most items on the list were right) how the garage for the summer 2009 sets will look like. I mean: Towtrucks are apparetntly sold as seperate sets. So what leaves for the garage - since it's surely about 70 Euros - aside from a lot of accessory and and a car to repair? Hopefully the garge will consist of two floors and will include a little apartment upstairs - that would be :wub: and I would think about whether I shall buy it or not :wink: . (If the garage is "only" a garage I surely won't buy it since I already own 2,5 ones.)

As for the camper I think it'll be in size and prize about next year's Horse Trailer - so 20-30 Euros. Hopefully it'll include a camoer with doors, wome nice accessory and a whole family: mother, father and little son - that would be really :wub: - I then surely would buy it even if it's six stuck wide (which I bet) :wink: !

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

I dont take things personally...Unless its HB then I go stalk him and "TP" his house... :tongue: [Yes HB that was me! :tongue: ]

Hmm garage sounds interesting, waiting for pics though.... :sceptic:

And a tow truck, Will have to get one of those!

It wasn't me! It was him I swaer :tongue:

EDIT: Spelling :thumbup:

Surrreeee blame others...

"Dont try and take the 1x1 LEGO Stud out of your friends eye when you have a UCS Star Destroyer in your own eye." Wow that was good :laugh::thumbup::tongue:

Spelling eh? And I thought mine was bad :tongue::grin:

HB stalker away! :devil:

Thanks for the nice new pics, Skipper24!

I hadn't noticed the boombox in 8401. It's cute, but ... seems a little "1980's," don't you think?? Are the mini-figs breakdancing?? I'd think a tile printed with an iPod would be a bit more up-to-date.

Honestly, CITY 2009 seems to be blowing all other previous years away with originality and design. :wink: The new construction line is miles better than the 2005 line - which is already fairly good - and the crane and bulldozer are looking a lot better. The dozer isn't quite as big as I thought it would be - it seems to be a lot smaller than the "dump tank" of 2005. :thumbup:

And the farm theme: man, just amazing. Beautiful figures, a female presence, cows, tractors, hay, cats and dogs, a horse trailer, a combine harvester - I'm in love with this sub theme! However, I am a bit disappointed that there is only 3 minifigures in the big farm. Sure, there's animals too, but how hard would it be to add a driver to the included tractor? :sceptic:

Oh, and the City Life kit rocks too. If I don't get it eventually, I'll be beyond surprised. :wink:

CITY 09, has blow me away with their amazing Farm sets. I am extremely pleased that TLG have taken CITY to one of the new long awaited theme, which is the Farm and Barn. :wub:

Furthermore, the construction vehicles' new design look better in a way. I am more interested in its 7633 due to its variety of vehicles and construction site. I must admit that they have put in lots of efforts for next year. :thumbup:

I'm guessing these are the finalised designs, since we now have the box-designs.

It's looking like 2009 will be an excellent year, selection-wise. So far the sets are looking excellent, and I will probably get most of them, altough I think I will show restraint in anticipation of the new trains and Jamie's newest modular building.

Thank you very much for that clear pictures Skipper24 ! :sweet:

A very good image quality, it's the officials boxs ? :grin:

I've never been much into farm toys and that kind of thing, but I have to say that I am thoroghly charmed by this new farm line. The vehicle desgins are great, and there seems to be a new torso, and some elements in previously unavailable colors (brown hair in riding set, brown fences and ladders, etc.) It's also great to see the cowboy hat make a comeback.

I do think that the farm set is a bit sparse, but it seems like rather than putting walls on the buildings, they opted to add more accessories, and smaller details like a riding lawn mower, cattle, etc, so I can't fault them for that. I don't have much money for LEGO this year, and the new pirate, castle, and farm stuff is making me especially heartsick.

One more thing, it's great to see a town figure/sign/acessory pack, I wonder what it will retail for.

I've never been much into farm toys and that kind of thing, but I have to say that I am thoroghly charmed by this new farm line.

Oh, I was. As a kid I always loved tractors, so this is really something great. The chance to own an official minifig-scale tractor. Plus it's a great design, and it's classic tractor red. And the minifig in the new dungarees? Wonderful...

I might get the horsebox set as well. I have a friend who's into horserididng, so I doubt she'll let me pass up on this set. The minifig pack is quite neat, there are some nice bits and pieces in there. Might get the digger and the dumper truck as well, I've always liked building machinery as well. Heck, I just like heavy machinery.

EDIT: list removed

Really,really nice sets.

I`m happy to see the minifig-almost-only set.How many years did we have to wait for something like that?

And the farm looks very interesting.1st thing to buy - minifigs and horse-trailer 4x4.

Miners - good but nothing special.

Thank you very much for the clear box art pics, Skipper 24! :sweet:

Like already mentioned: 2009 is going to be one of the best years in City! :wub:

The farm theme we get at long last a new theme which isn't based on fire, police, rescue and construction - great! :thumbup: The only thing I don't like that much is the minimalisitc style of the barn and the stable :sad: - and I miss in this theme is a farm house :cry_sad: . But apart from that it's simply :wub: !

And - when you look at one of the lists - City 2009 will offer some (perhaps) even more interesting and spectacular sets! :oh:

Klaus-Dieter

The only thing I don't like that much is the minimalisitc style of the barn and the stable :sad: - and I miss in this theme is a farm house :cry_sad: . But apart from that it's simply :wub:

Personally, I think the stable is fine, but I agree with you about the barn - which is why I'm planning to modify it heavily once I get it. And don't worry - if this theme does well, I'm sure we can expect a second wave in the future with new farm buildings. :wink:

Did somebody else noticed the white fedora in 7637? (the guy in the top of the stable)

That would be a lovely addition for a Maffia theme based MOCs :wub:

Did somebody else noticed the white fedora in 7637? (the guy in the top of the stable)

Yeah, I saw that. To me it looks tan, maybe because the walls are tan, and i'm seeing too much of it. I have a suit to go with either colour though.

I hope the farm subtheme isn't Toy r us exclusive in the US, like the postal ones are...

Yeah, I saw that. To me it looks tan, maybe because the walls are tan, and i'm seeing too much of it. I have a suit to go with either colour though.

Skinny Boy, I think it's white, too, since white would make more sense - but of course it could be tan, too. :wink:

And yes, BlueBard, some mafia sets would be really nice! But regrettably I don't see it happen. :sad:

But with the new hats and all the new bricks included in the City, IJ and Pirates theme TLG could well release some new Western sets - that would be :oh::wub: ! But regrettably I don't see it happen, too. :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

I don't post in this sub-forum often as I am not really a big City guy but ......

se7635-1-00-n_1.jpg

This SUV is bad-big behind...... I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!!

That is all

Edited by Omega 8

I want

PIZZA

, dont you?

This post is not a spasm :wink:

Start Speculating!

Thank you very much for that :wink: , Lord Santos! :sweet:

Please excuse me that I'll firstly comment on this now. :cry_sad:

Ok,

pizza

- that sounds really good! :oh:

If the information of the garage is right (which I think) then we might get a huge set for about 70 Euros with a garage (hopefully with rolling gates), a car to repair, a little

pizzeria

(hopefully bigger than the older versions and with some seats to sit inside), a

pizza delivery van

, a worker, a citizen, a

pizza baker

and a

pizza delivery boy

. That would be brilliant, don't you agree?! :wub:

So let's hope!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

If you want maffia you could allways buy this set: (that's what I'm going to do :wink: )

7682-1.jpg

The white fedora would go well with indy's new suit...

I really can't wait for these farm sets, they will only be released in march. Maybe we'll get them earlier on S@H?

Dr. Brick