Derek

City '09?

Guys, I've checked the instructions for the farm set, and the fedora is most definitely tan, not white. Personally, I'm not surprised, as tan seems to be a much more fitting color for a farmer than white (straw hat anyone?). :wink:

Edited by Grevious

Guys, I've checked the instructions for the farm set, and the fedora is most definitely tan, not white. Personally, I'm not surprised, as tan seems to be a much more fitting color for a farmer than white (straw hat anyone?). :wink:

Where did you get these instructions from?

If you want maffia you could allways buy this set: (that's what I'm going to do :wink: )

7682-1.jpg

Dr. Brick

That's exactly what I was planning to do too :tongue: A chinese maffia could be great!

Where did you get these instructions from?

There's a link to the intructions a few pages ago... I also looked at the inventory at the back and the hat is indeed tan:

Link 1

Another interesting detail is that in the overall construction pic TLC used a lot of tan BURP's:

Link 2

Is this a new colour for BURP's? If so maybe it will be released later on this year... :wink:

Dr. Brick

Don't want to sound mean, but, I was right. This is a rare occassion. I agree, the straw hat does sound better thatn some kind of... What are pimp's hats made of? :tongue:

While I was on lego.com looking for 2009 sets (you never know...) I tried this:

http://city.lego.com/en-gb/Products/Farm/Default.aspx

Let's say the result is surprising :look:

As for the sets: I don't like the construction sets that much, buy might buy the smaller one if I find a good deal.

While, I do like the tractor, the 4WD w/horse trailer and the minifig collection. Still, they look a bit pricey too.

While I was on lego.com looking for 2009 sets (you never know...) I tried this:

http://city.lego.com/en-gb/Products/Farm/Default.aspx

Let's say the result is surprising :look:

As for the sets: I don't like the construction sets that much, buy might buy the smaller one if I find a good deal.

While, I do like the tractor, the 4WD w/horse trailer and the minifig collection. Still, they look a bit pricey too.

On the french city website, when you write " ferme " ( in french / " farm " in english ) it's the same webpage ( the coast guards page )

But when you write " cow " ( " vache " in french ) it's the same page ( coast guard ) so when write a simple word you are redirected to the coast guards page .

So, the 2009 page is not created yet . It's a " automatic redirecting " when the page doesn't exist :wink:

Edited by Gouns

My wallet just bit be. :laugh:

Now, everything here is going to be mine. And the 7633 is amazing! I didn't think it would include all of that. :sweet::thumbup:

I'm not really sure what those yellow and brown round bricks are supposed to be - döner / gyros thingies maybe? A bit unclear, or am I a bit dumb?

I'm not really sure what those yellow and brown round bricks are supposed to be - döner / gyros thingies maybe? A bit unclear, or am I a bit dumb?

I believe ketchup and mustard. :wink: And the brown is actually red.

I believe ketchup and mustard. :wink: And the brown is actually red.

Ketchup, maybe. But mustard on chicken? Has anyone ever tried this? Is it a known delicacy? Should I be a detective? The list goes on...

Ketchup, maybe. But mustard on chicken? Has anyone ever tried this? Is it a known delicacy? Should I be a detective? The list goes on...

That is curious. Seems like the vendor should be selling hot dogs, not chicken legs.

Thanks for the pics, Skipper 24! I'm not much of a City fan, but here are my thoughts on these new sets:

7630 (Bulldozer): Looks like an alright set. Good to see that City is expanding into more and more sub-themes (Construction, Police, Farm, etc.).

Estimated price: $15.00 USD

7631 (Dump truck): Again, looks alright. Nothing special here, but the addition of cones and roadblock was a good idea.

Estimated price: $20.00 USD

7632 (Crane): Too many Technic parts for me, but it looks like a good set.

Estimated price: $35.00 USD

7633 (Construction site): Looks really cool, especially the shop.

Estimated price: $80.00 USD

7634 (Tractor): Looks like a neat little set, I might get it.

Estimated price: $10.00

7635 (Horse trainer): Pretty cool, although the cab is a BURP.

Estimated price: $20.00

7636 (Crop cutter): Meh, it's okay. I'll be interested in seeing a review of this.

Estimated price: $35.00

7637 (Farm): Really awesome, I can see a farmer with a white fedora. The cows and dog are also nice.

Estimated price: $60.00

7685 (Big bulldozer): I wonder why this one has a different ID number than the rest. Doesn't look that great.

Estimated price: $50.00

8401 (City street): Looks good, but I wonder the significance of this set? Maybe just a fig pack?

Overall, these sets look good, but It's not likely that I will get them (except maybe the farm). Sorry, but Lego City just doesn't appeal to me much.

Thanks for the pics, Skipper 24! I'm not much of a City fan, but here are my thoughts on these new sets:

7630 (Bulldozer): Looks like an alright set. Good to see that City is expanding into more and more sub-themes (Construction, Police, Farm, etc.).

Estimated price: $15.00 USD

7631 (Dump truck): Again, looks alright. Nothing special here, but the addition of cones and roadblock was a good idea.

Estimated price: $20.00 USD

7632 (Crane): Too many Technic parts for me, but it looks like a good set.

Estimated price: $35.00 USD

7633 (Construction site): Looks really cool, especially the shop.

Estimated price: $80.00 USD

7634 (Tractor): Looks like a neat little set, I might get it.

7635 (Horse trainer): Pretty cool, although the cab is a BURP.

Estimated price: $20.00

7636 (Crop cutter): Meh, it's okay. I'll be interested in seeing a review of this.

Estimated price: $35.00

7637 (Farm): Really awesome, I can see a farmer with a white fedora. The cows and dog are also nice.

Estimated price: $60.00

7685 (Big bulldozer): I wonder why this one has a different ID number than the rest. Doesn't look that great.

Estimated price: $50.00

8401 (City street): Looks good, but I wonder the significance of this set? Maybe just a fig pack?

Overall, these sets look good, but It's not likely that I will get them (except maybe the farm). Sorry, but Lego City just doesn't appeal to me much.

Hum ... We have the price from approximatly 2 months ago :

Janvier:

7630 Digger 12,99

Edited by Gouns

Those US prices are most likely incorrect, as American prices generally are less than European prices. I'm thinking the Farm will probably be around 50 dollars, actually - it's no bigger than other 50 dollar sets we've had. :wink:

Thanks for the nice new pics, Skipper24!

I hadn't noticed the boombox in 8401. It's cute, but ... seems a little "1980's," don't you think?? Are the mini-figs breakdancing?? I'd think a tile printed with an iPod would be a bit more up-to-date.

The problem with designing a printed MP3 player or cell phone is the size of the piece it's printed. Maybe they should've made it a CD boombox to make it more modern, as well as make printed 1X1 compact disc tile bricks to go with it.

Thank you very much for the clearer pic of the Chicken Seller, Skipper 24! :sweet:

This Impulse set is really a great Impulse set - not only because it's something different to fire, construction, police and emergency! :thumbup: But - like many of you already mentioned - a hot dog seller would have been more awaited. Nevertheless great! :thumbup:

As for the City summer sets (if the list with the set names is right):

I think that the Large Tow Truck surely will be between 25-40 €, the tow truck 10 €, the camper 20-30 €, the garage 50-70 €, the bus/helicopter trasnport/large vehicle set 150 € (since it'll surely be a S@H Exclusive).

A few additions since I already commented on these sets:

To the garage set:

I hope it'll contain roller gates, a lot of additional stuff and a car to repair. If a pizzeria ( :wub: ) is included in this set or the bus set I have really no clue - but in principle there must be something additional in the garage set despite from the garage and car if it costs 70 €.

To the bus set:

I hope that it won't include a large vehicle and a helicopter transport. A bus would be really cool - and even necessary. But what to do with a helicopter transport and/or a large vehicle?! :hmpf: I really, really would prefer to have - like in the brilliant 10193 Town Plan ( :wub: ) some amazing (special) buildings included in this set with a lot of minifigs, great architecture, excellent interior of the building and some additional stuff! One thing is imo sure: If there's a bus included in this set there has to be a bus station, too.

Btw: Did you remember the lime green cap a minifig wear (Sir Nadroj showed us some pics of a Lego Store in late spring)? I guess that this lime green cap will either belong to a car repair worker - or to a minifig in the camper set (hopefully a kid or a woman).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Btw: Did you remember the lime green cap a minifig wear (Sir Nadroj showed us some pics of a Lego Store in late spring)? I guess that this lime green cap will either belong to a car repair worker - or to a minifig in the camper set (hopefully a kid or a woman).

Dacta...

I am not impressed by these, they are too large, especially if most your sets like mine are from the 1980s and 1990s.

Nice to see a box of minifigs although as there are just 4 and as the road signs are ugly I won't be parting with any money in '09.

Well I might buy some food.

Ok,

pizza

- that sounds really good! :oh:

If the information of the garage is right (which I think) then we might get a huge set for about 70 Euros with a garage (hopefully with rolling gates), a car to repair, a little

pizzeria

(hopefully bigger than the older versions and with some seats to sit inside), a

pizza delivery van

, a worker, a citizen, a

pizza baker

and a

pizza delivery boy

. That would be brilliant, don't you agree?! :wub:

So let's hope!

Klaus-Dieter I take it that you have high cholestrol?