• Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

7261 Clone Turbo Tank

Parts: 801

Figs: 8

Price: £70.00 (ouch! :grin:)

EDIT: new box pics added.

My version of the set comes with a normal Mace Windu figure and an extra clone trooper. Also the Mace Windu, BARC trooper and jet trooper minifigs were exclusive to the set (Well you could make the jet trooper yourself) . Also my set came with 4 extra blasters (you'll see them later) and Baby blue vent things instead of trans blue.

1.Manual & Box

The front of the box.

dscn2092.jpg

The box compared to the motorized AT-AT and the hailfire droid and dwarf spider droid.

dscn2090.jpg

Minifgs.

dscn2091.jpg

The back which has pics of the sets functions and alternate models.

dscn2093.jpg

Inside the box it has a white cardboard divider probably for strength seeming as the box it so flimsy.

dscn2094.jpg

Pretty hefty manual.

dscn2029.jpg

The TT manual compared to the one of the AT-AT ones.

dscn2078.jpg

Random shot.

dscn2030.jpg

Another random shot.

dscn2031.jpg

Poster at the back of the manual

dscn2032.jpg

2. General set and minifigs

The whole set. I accidentally left one of the plates up when I took the pic.

dscn2033.jpg

Close up of the figs.

dscn2034.jpg

Two battle droids come with blasters and a mini turret.

dscn2035.jpg

The republic. From L-R: Jet Trooper, Mace Windu (not LUL), BARC Trooper, Normal Clone, The Commander, Look out.

dscn2036.jpg

Jet pack.

dscn2037.jpg

Mace's torso.

dscn2040.jpg

BARC trooper legs.

dscn2041.jpg

BARC trooper torso. He has got to be my favorite clone trooper by TLC.

dscn2044.jpg

The mysterious commander. On LSW he was called Cody (right) but he has star corps Armour making him commander Bly (left) .

dscn2045.jpg

Normal Clone and the look out Clone with electro binoculars.

dscn2046.jpg

3. Speeder Bike

Side view of the BARC Speeder.

dscn2047.jpg

Menacingish front view. (is menasingish a word?)

dscn2048.jpg

Printed back engine piece.

dscn2080.jpg

One of my shield things came with a crumpled handle it is worse than it looks in the pic.

dscn2079.jpg

4. The turret

The turret.

dscn2049.jpg

It can rotate and point upwards.

dscn2051.jpg

But what if you want to blast all those Battle droids that are shorter than the height of the turret blasters... add another hinge in!

dscn2052.jpg

That extra hinge in action.

dscn2053.jpg

5. The Tank

It's to big to get a decent side view pic

dscn2054.jpg

Johnny the cabin boy on the crows nest.

dscn2055.jpg

Front 2 seater cockpit.

dscn2056.jpg

The 2 seats. Better be careful you don't fall off your seat there are some pretty big gaps down the sides.

dscn2057.jpg

Back cockpit with dual missile launchers.

dscn2058.jpg

The back seat.

dscn2060.jpg

The engine.

dscn2061.jpg

The large central storage.

dscn2062.jpg

The turret controls fold down to lock into place so it doesn't fall out when driving.

dscn2063.jpg

You can put 2 minifigs up top.

dscn2064.jpg

Mace and a Clone driving. you can see those 4 extra blasters, 2 orange at the front of the pic and 2 between the chairs.

dscn2065.jpg

The turret and jet trooper.

dscn2066.jpg

BARC trooper on the BARC speeder.

dscn2067.jpg

The commander on the lift chair in the back cockpit.

dscn2068.jpg

Another shot of that chair.

dscn2069.jpg

6. Overall

Build: 8/10 Quite enjoyable because it incorporates Technic and system parts.

Minifigs: 9/10 On a set this size it has quite a lot including some exclusives such as the BARC trooper but it could of had a droid or 2 more.

Design: 7/10 way out of scale but generally pretty strong due to the technic frame.

Parts: 7/10 Lots of plates and nice minifig parts.

Price: 6/10 Justifiable because of the amount of figs in the set.

Playability: 7/10 Includes some CIS units to fight the clones.

Overall:8/10 Needs more droids and it could be bigger. :thumbup:

I will also probably have a break form reviewing for now seeming as I have just put out a whole load of reviews.

Edited by KimT
indexed as 7261 Review 2

Nein! You rejected LUL. :tongue: LUL's are awesome!

Thanks for the review! I like the set a lot, Mace is only featured here. Great fig of him too, I like the grey Jedi Robes torso. Cody is great as with the other figs. The tank's probably a second favourite, next to the mighty AT-AT of course. :tongue:

I hate how the original release had the light-up Windu, which was really lame, and one less clone trooper. I bought it when it first came out, so missed out on a good Windu and another clone trooper.

Thanks for the review, I'll index it later.

I've added a poll, so that members can vote their opinion and refrain from useless comments like "awesome!!"

(This has been done to all reviews in the SW review index).

Keep up the good work.

This is one of my favourite sets - I have both versions and as it is known, the only difference is the minifigs.

I really like the tank, it has great playability and if it had wings, I'd definately swoosh it.

KimT

Did your version without the LUL mace have trans blue grill things (like the ones on the back of the speeder) ? Or was my set a one off.

I got the original version of this set with the LULS Mace Windu figure. When TLC released the non-LULS version I managed to swap - they sent me the new version (and a Clone Trooper IIRC) and I mailed them back the old version. :thumbup:

This was a great set; the suspension worked great and it rolled magnificently. Nice review with good photos, but again your price is a little off: £69.99 is the RRP (unless the price you paid was £80). :classic:

TK

hanks for the price. I got the set a while ago and couldn't remember correctly I have now changed it.

Did your version without the LUL mace have trans blue grill things (like the ones on the back of the speeder) ? Or was my set a one off.

I bought mine online, thinking it was the new version but I ended up with that very lame LUL fig. I just hate that fig... It's completely useless, we can't use any part of it for anything :angry: (although, I only discovered yesterday that the lightsaber blade was a standard one and not glued, as I always believed, so all isn't completely lost)

In the end I still was rather disappointed by the set. It's too full of holes ( :sceptic: Hum; I think there's kind of a paradox in that sentence...)... But the BARC Speeder and green clone are indeed fantastic.

Oh, and yes, mine came with sand blue grill parts instead of the trans-yellow ones... didn't realise it at first, and I spent half an hour cursing, thinking they forgot to put them in the box. But in the end, I don't know if the replacements are any better , since they're supposed to represent some kind of thruster light or something...

All in all, I think it's my worst set... Not necessarily for the set itself which is OK, but psychologically, there's too many things that went wrong with it...

Good set, but it's FLIMSY AS SIN (but that may have been my rush job building it).

mine got shoved off a bed :cry_sad:

oh, and i lost my light up mace >.> Propably somewhere within the Blue Bin 'o' DOOM (AKA The Brick bucket, Or Block/NULL )

Edited by maiq the liar

Nice review AGAIN, Skipper. I passed on this one because of the price, but it's a nice set. Good for you for getting the newer version with non-LUL Mace and an extra clone. That purple blade sure is a beauty. The tank itself is alright, just an AT-AT on wheels, in my opinion. The turret is great, though, and so is the speeder bike. I didn't realize that the jet pack had two "nailguns" (harpoon guns) on it. I thought that the nailgun was a new piece... but the jetpack is very cool. :thumbup:

I got the original version of this set with the LULS Mace Windu figure. When TLC released the non-LULS version I managed to swap - they sent me the new version (and a Clone Trooper IIRC) and I mailed them back the old version. :thumbup:

This was a great set; the suspension worked great and it rolled magnificently. Nice review with good photos, but again your price is a little off: £69.99 is the RRP (unless the price you paid was £80). :classic:

TK

That was a great idea. I never even thought to send it back and get the new one with the other clone and the non LUL Windu.