El Bucanero

Pirate MOC Indices Discussion

Unfortunately we can't set ALT text or Javascript mouseovers using BBcode.

Its the way the forum is setup and as far as I'm aware most forums are setup like this, but that's an issue you'd have to take up with the Root Administrators.

Of course, there's always tabbed browsing to minimise the number of windows open on your desktop.

Which begs the question why are the indices still BB threads? Can't we just make real html pages?

I do the tab thing but I find it awkward when using my laptop. Not a biggie but it would improve the user experience. (Sorry day job intruding again.)

Seach button opens a new window? That's strange. I don't have that.

Which begs the question why are the indices still BB threads? Can't we just make real html pages?

Because Oh no! We can embed viruses!!!

Yeah, there is that security element of disabling HTML and the Administration Control Panel does strongly advise that HTML is not enabled to general users.

But once again, that's the Root Administrators department.

Well i've been having trouble lately designing descant looking carronades on sliders.

I've tried to build them actually sliding, but they turn out too bulky for my tastes,

so tried just having them fixed and look as real as possible and i "consulted" the EB Pirate MOC Expert ;-)

Here's what i've come up with:

(ignore the dog hair X-D )

carronadeprotofl.jpg

carronadeprotofr.jpg

carronadeprotobr.jpg

I used a broken flag-pole piece on the back of the smaller carronade. :-$

carronadeprotobl.jpg

Both carronades have the same basic "sliding" carriage,

so it's pretty easy to put different calibers of carronades on the same type of slider.

Also, what i really like about this design, is that these carronades are the same height as the non-moc cannons. *y*

Let me know what you think and how to improve them.

Thanx,

P

Index of MOC Ships is back in order!!

Check out the Index of MOC Ships.

Now fully updated now that Brickshelf has turned to a secure website.

Going from http: to https:

I'll be updating the other indexes soon as possible.

P

Never mind, Brickshelf's shutting down :'-(

Edited by phred

Index of MOC Ships is back in order!!

Check out the Index of MOC Ships.

Now fully updated now that Brickshelf has turned to a secure website.

Going from http: to https:

I'll be updating the other indexes soon as possible.

P

Excellent work !!

Did anyone attempt to save any of the pictures?

I'll try to get something organized since BS will go offline at the end of the month.

But there are some many ships in this index. It will be hard to save all.

Idea's are welcome....

Edit: If you wanna help save this index, go to this thread.

Edited by bonaparte

Look what I found:

lddscreenshot5.png_thumb.jpg lddscreenshot3.png_thumb.jpg

Edit: Seems like the are made by one of our members (Errorist) who just started a new WIP topic.

Edited by bonaparte

Look what I found:

lddscreenshot5.png_thumb.jpg lddscreenshot3.png_thumb.jpg

Edit: Seems like the are made by one of our members (Errorist) who just started a new WIP topic.

Excellent cannon Errorist! *y*

Thanx B ;-)

P

Ahoy there, pirate forum staff!

I feel the land-based MOC index needs a little reorganizing to make the layout more comprehensive and easier to use. It seems some of the MOCs are sorted by topographical characteristics (harbor, island) while others are sorted by faction (military, non-military). I think everything should be sorted under the same terms, otherwise you get a military island that should go in two categories. It would be logical to abolish the island catagory and subsequently designate the harbor catagory for MOCs that combine both military and non-military establishments.

It would be good to make some other minor other changes as well, as 1b, 3d, and 7b of the military section are really not military related while 1d, 3a, and 3b of the non-military section seem very directly associated with a military of some sort. Also, I believe 1a, 2d, 2e, 4e, 9b, and 9c of the vignette section would best be relocated to the islander index.

Thank you for your time and dedication,

Nathan

I feel the land-based MOC index needs a little reorganizing to make the layout more comprehensive and easier to use. It seems some of the MOCs are sorted by topographical characteristics (harbor, island) while others are sorted by faction (military, non-military). I think everything should be sorted under the same terms, otherwise you get a military island that should go in two categories. It would be logical to abolish the island catagory and subsequently designate the harbor catagory for MOCs that combine both military and non-military establishments.

It would be good to make some other minor other changes as well, as 1b, 3d, and 7b of the military section are really not military related while 1d, 3a, and 3b of the non-military section seem very directly associated with a military of some sort. Also, I believe 1a, 2d, 2e, 4e, 9b, and 9c of the vignette section would best be relocated to the islander index.

Thank you for your time and dedication,

Nathan

There is an intentional overlap of ship/land-based index with the islander-index, imperial armada-index, .... . The ship/land based indexes contain all themes (also islander, armada, ...), while the theme related indexes only have a subset. I will discuss the other remarks when I have a bit more time. Mr. Phred is in charge of the indexes, so lets see what he thinks of the other suggestions.

Edited by Bonaparte

There is an intentional overlap of ship/land-based index with the islander-index, imperial armada-index, .... . The ship/land based indexes contain all themes (also islander, armada, ...), while the theme related indexes only have a subset. I will discuss the other remarks when I have a bit more time. Mr. Phred is in charge of the indexes, so lets see what he thinks of the other suggestions.

That works, all the land-based Islander and Armada MOCs would fit well in the land-based MOC index, if they were all there. Right now only a few of them are. So, perhaps Phred might want to convert the rest of them over. *y*

Getting rid of the island category would be logical and would make the placement of future MOCs easier.

For some MOCs it has been difficult to place them in a island or Non-Military Section.

If it's ok w/ B, I'd like to (slowly X-D ) get rid of the island section and move them to Harbor, Military, and Non-military instead.

Good idea Nathan *y*

I'll look into these specifically and take a quick glance at the other thumbs to see that they're in the right spot.

That works, all the land-based Islander and Armada MOCs would fit well in the land-based MOC index, if they were all there. Right now only a few of them are. So, perhaps Phred might want to convert the rest of them over. *y*

I thought i had gotten all the islander and armada MOCs onto the other indexes :-/

I'll have to double check that in the near future.

P

Edited by Bonaparte

Getting rid of the island category would be logical and would make the placement of future MOCs easier.

For some MOCs it has been difficult to place them in a island or Non-Military Section.

If it's ok w/ B, I'd like to (slowly X-D ) get rid of the island section and move them to Harbor, Military, and Non-military instead.

Good idea Nathan *y*

Slowly, that sounds pretty good. :) It should be fairly easy to separate them into three sections like such;

~Houses/Haunts (Non-military) note: not haunted houses :-D

~Forts/Outposts (Military)

~Villages/Harbors (Combination)

I'll look into these specifically and take a quick glance at the other thumbs to see that they're in the right spot.

-------------

I thought i had gotten all the islander and armada MOCs onto the other indexes :-/

I'll have to double check that in the near future.

That would be wonderful. I hope my humble suggestions are not giving you too much extra work or causing you to worry. :-$

Thanks again! *sweet* *y*

You are in charge of the indexes, so you can (re-)organize them according to your own judgement ;-) .

You are in charge of the indexes, so you can (re-)organize them according to your own judgement ;-) .

Got it! ;-)

Slowly, that sounds pretty good. :) It should be fairly easy to separate them into three sections like such;

~Houses/Haunts (Non-military) note: not haunted houses :-D

~Forts/Outposts (Military)

~Villages/Harbors (Combination)

Renaming/Adding to the names sounds like a good idea.

I should add similar subtitles to what you suggested.

Thanx.

That would be wonderful. I hope my humble suggestions are not giving you too much extra work or causing you to worry. :-$

Don't worry

No ones ever died from too much work :skel1:

:-D

P

Hi Folks. im trying to made a mlcad moc with some cannons. but i miss some files to have a complete cannon.

Does anyone have these files?

1-4ring5.dat

1-4rin12.dat

1-4con3.dat

1-4con13.dat

t04o1429.dat

t04o1538.dat

and also i miss a file for the arch 1x6 : box3u2p.dat.

If anyone have these i would be very happy if i could get them from you. have tried the whole weekend to find them but ithout any luck, nothing to find on Ldraw page or anywere else. tried to download the cannon ( BL number 518) but get only parts of the cannon up on MLcad

Greetings

Thunder

Edited by Tordenskjold

Thanx IS! *y*

What an interesting cannon. :-)

bh109131.jpg

This guy has a BOAT load of these cannons 8-

That's indeed an interesting find!

It's something I haven't seen before and it looks good.

Maybe not a technique to make a cannon, but a cool design for what holds it.

-snip -

Thanx IS!

What a very oriental cannon! *sweet*

I like it.

Oh yeah, its been added to the cannon index too X-D

P