Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

I hope we get the Shankara stones in the Temple of Doom set, what would they be like? A new mold?

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Well, since they stole my German Mechanic design, I suppose I'll let them steal my Sankara Stone design too. :wink:

IndySankara.jpg

Heck, they can take my Nurhache Urn, antidote vial and Holy Grail while they're at it!

Shelf.jpg

Heck, they can take my Nurhache Urn, antidote vial and Holy Grail while they're at it!

Shelf.jpg

That's a nice little display you've got going there. Have any other custom Indy accessories?

Anyway, I'm going to love the temple of doom set, providing that they will really make it.

I already have four or five crystal skulls, but I hope that the graveyard will include one, and cost around $20-$30 USD.

Venice Chase---Really hoping for at least one boat, new red cylinder shaped hat, and a bystander with a moped.

Not sure what to expect with the air battle set. Just hoping for a grey or black clothed German.

That's a nice little display you've got going there. Have any other custom Indy accessories?

Thanks. Actually, I do. I have a custom Ark and crate. I'll take new photos tonight. I'm also working on a Grail Tablet, Sanskrit Cloth, medallion from Fate of Atlantis, etc. I'm trying to figure out a Cross of Coronado. I also make custom minifigs, but I'm not at the waterslide decal level. I hand paint my stuff.

Wow I love the sound of the Air set from TLC! Also, the new pics of the Shanghai showdown are excellent, I'm loving that old fashioned car! Thanks for the notification =).

-- Andrex

... and I thought these news/ rumors would attract much much more attention, since Indy was/ is a pretty popular line between AfoLs and here on EB.... is everyone on holiday or did I miss something....? :look:

Edited by Zzz

... and I thought these news/ rumors would attract much much more attention, since Indy was/ is a pretty popular line between AfoLs and here on EB.... is everyone on holiday or did I miss something....? :look:

Well the news broke nearly two weeks ago, so I think we're all just waiting until some images are leaked.

I'm really intrigued by the Venice Chase set; sounds like something I'll end up getting. It should prove to be a set with all unique figures with new pieces, like the fez hat as was mentioned previously. New Indy outfits have me excited!

Anyway, I'm going to love the temple of doom set, providing that they will really make it.

I already have four or five crystal skulls, but I hope that the graveyard will include one, and cost around $20-$30 USD.

Venice Chase---Really hoping for at least one boat, new red cylinder shaped hat, and a bystander with a moped.

Not sure what to expect with the air battle set. Just hoping for a grey or black clothed German.

Sorry to be off topic, but that is a nice little memorabilia collection!

Great work and God Bless,

Nathan

Sorry to be off topic, but that is a nice little memorabilia collection!

Thanks! Finally, my two hobbies of Indy and Lego have combined, and I went a bit crazy. :wink:

I'm really excited for the 4 possible new sets. The work they've done up to now has been fantastic. I'm glad they've decided to continue with the vehicles, as the playsets seem to be a bit weaker in design. I know it's not from any particular scene in the movie, but the Crystal Skull plane set is one of my favorites of the line (and I hated that movie!!)

Let's hope some images come out soon, and it will kick this discussion back into high gear!!

I guess it could, but considering the Hindenburg blew up a year before when the Last Crusade is set, I'd say it's unlikely. :tongue:

Now a generic Zeppelin on the other hand :tongue:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I guess it could, but considering the Hindenburg blew up a year before when the Last Crusade is set, I'd say it's unlikely. :tongue:

Yeah... that Zeppelin crashed like it was made out of lead.

I for one am pretty psyched about these sets. The preliminary designs were good, I actually really liked the flying wing. The petrol truck that comes with it looks a lot like the truck in Race for the Stolen Treasure, which is good, as they both look awesome. :grin:

I was surprised to see a swastika on a flag in the background of the image though...

~Peace

Now a generic Zeppelin on the other hand :tongue:

They did make an old ''blimp'' for the adventures line, though it had designs on it.

Yeah... that Zeppelin crashed like it was made out of lead.

Do you mean ''led zeppelin'' as in with Jimmy Page and his double-neck guitar? :tongue:

The petrol truck that comes with it looks a lot like the truck in Race for the Stolen Treasure, which is good, as they both look awesome. :grin:

I was surprised to see a swastika on a flag in the background of the image though...

I think they are probably using the race for the stolen treasure truck structure just to give the general idea of what the truck will look like.

Edited by booger540

Pictures are already up on brickshelf. I won't post them because I might get banned.

They're probably no newer than other we've seen.

I've been out of the loop for a few months...

I love the look of the Flying Wing...I've been hoping LEGO would make one of those for us, and it's a good balance between being on-model and being affordable. That's a fun set. I hope there's real "propeller shredding action." But there probably won't be.

And the Shanghai Chase is exactly what I wanted from that first part of Temple of Doom--Indy in his dinner jacket, Willie Scott and Short Round, and the two cars and the Shanghai Gangsters look nice too. It's been a while since I bought an Indiana Jones set--I'm excited for these to be coming out in 09.

Willie Scott, revealed at BrickCon:

willie.jpg

Matthew Ashton also revealed that this the castle Queen hair mold would be used on a new Leia in the near future...

Thanks Hinck, is it just me or does it look like you could put fire pieces through those holes?

Is willie the only Indy thing they revealed, or actual sets? Are there any other figs to be revealed? Any pics? :oh::oh:

Thanks Hinck, is it just me or does it look like you could put fire pieces through those holes?

Yep, the tiara is a Belville one, I have one or two and the little twiddly bits on them are the same size as on the many different accessories you can get. :sweet:

Is willie the only Indy thing they revealed, or actual sets? Are there any other figs to be revealed? Any pics? :oh:

I was wondering that too, but I presume not as we would probably have seen them. :tongue:

:skull: