Hinckley

Your thoughts on Universe

post-486-1215103294.jpg

What do you guys think of this game from the information available so far?

Here is the official site for those of you who know nothing about it.

Here's a trailer for the game for about a year ago. I hope we'll be seeing more previews soon!

Copmike and I were fortunate enough to meet one of the game designers at BrickWorld this year. She's very excited to see a discussion forum dedicated to the game, so make your comments knowing she'll probably be reading! Thanks. :classic:

Correction! Our friend is a marketing associate and not a game designer. She's really excited about the activity here regardless and the information she gets here will help out the development of the game... :wink:

She's very excited to see a discussion forum dedicated to the game, so make your comments knowing she'll probably be reading! Thanks. :classic:
Yes indeed - she, Isabelle, were "on fire" for the game :sweet: I´m sure it will be very cool!

Here´s some more of the minifigs waiting for their new "owners":

universe_minifigs.jpg

Nice skin Hinckley :thumbup:!

CopMike

I think it will be great and I'm planning to buy it. The artwork is also nice, as nice as the new skin for the Universe board.

I sure hope that minifigure with the logo will be included in the game. And I also hope we don't have to pay a monthly fee...

Edited by Matn

According to the FAQ section, there may well be a subscription cost.. A shame since that's an immediate turn off for me =(. Still, this does look fun. I may pick it up if it's not too expensive, especially since this sounds like a great little title to play around with.

-- Andrex

Lovely skin. :thumbup:

According to the FAQ section, there may well be a subscription cost.. A shame since that's an immediate turn off for me =(. Still, this does look fun. I may pick it up if it's not too expensive, especially since this sounds like a great little title to play around with.

Same here. If there is a cost, I probably won't get into it... BUT if it turns out to be really good, I might buy a short subscription just to test it out for a bit. Then at least I'll have experienced lego universe! :classic:

Lovely skin. :thumbup:

Same here. If there is a cost, I probably won't get into it... BUT if it turns out to be really good, I might buy a short subscription just to test it out for a bit. Then at least I'll have experienced lego universe! :classic:

Thanks! :blush:

I wonder, if there is a subscription fee, if they will offer a free trial...

I will play it no matter what the cost unless it's like £100 a year which I don't think it will be, I think it will be around £3.50 or something. Nice new skin :thumbup: .

Nice skin! Did I miss it or is there no info about the platform it is coming out? I mean, it seems (implicitly) like PC, but since I own an apple I am just curious... :look:

Nice skin! Did I miss it or is there no info about the platform it is coming out? I mean, it seems (implicitly) like PC, but since I own an apple I am just curious... :look:

From the site:

Will LEGO Universe work on every computer?

LEGO Universe will run on a wide range of PCs. The game’s design is scalable so that players can enjoy amazing 3-D graphics and innovative gameplay, even if their computer isn’t a high-end gaming model. Specific system requirements will be publicized closer to LEGO Universe’s 2009 public premier.

A wide range of PC's... Unfortunately that seems to be that it may not be on Apple Computers. :sceptic:

:skull:

From what I've heard so far its not all that interesting to me, then again I need to see the game in action before I could assess it fairly.

Looks like us Apple users will have to go out and buy a bunch of 'electronic Lego' and stick it together to play!!! There's no reason why it can't run on a newish Apple under bootcamp, running Vista, though.

Anyway, it looks great from what I've seen and I hope it includes the humor or the Lego console games. It'll be interesting to see how you interact with others and the limits of building... for example could you build a spaceship and fly off in to the ether?!

I don't think a subscription would be a big turn off though, but it depends upon the game - a trial would be really useful to see what you're paying for.

I'm really looking forward to Lego Universe. I'm a big MMO fan (playing SWG, WoW and LotrO), and I'm really keen to see how they've implemented a Lego based MMO.

As for the subscription fee's, I fully expect there to be such a charge, as thats the accepted model for 90% of the MMO's out there (discounting Guild Wars). And, IMO, thats fine, as its a way to ensure we get good content updates regularily (in theory). It's much easier to do with a steady stream of cash coming into the coffers.

im highly worried about lego universe, that it will flop and that it will suck

it seems the target is 8+ and 8+'s play runescape (sad but true) and on they fight, and LU looks like it have no fighting

and it also looks like it will be very limiting, will you HAVE to have a tree house? thats what im worried about, them taking some random kids ideas, barging it into everys face, and messing up. Didnt one kid say something like i wanna big big gun? why didnt they take his idea? LEGO companys strange anti- violence poliy or wut? (spelling intended)

:wink:

im highly worried about lego universe, that it will flop and that it will suck

I disagree, though it depend how much the subscription is. Seriously, the only video games I play (apart from the occasional Mario) are Lego games, I love them a lot :tongue: , so I have high expectations of this, and the graphics of the updated website look very promising!

Edited by Shoc

I disagree, though it depend how much the subscription is. Seriously, the only video games I play (apart from the occasional Mario) are Lego games, I love them a lot :tongue: , so I have high expectations of this, and the graphics of the updated website look very promising!

now wonder you are looking forward to this if you only play lego games

now wonder you are looking forward to this if you only play lego games

Hehe.

There's a variety of reasons I mainly play Lego games...

1. I only have two computers but no games consoles, I think they're a waste of money if you can't do all the things you can do on a computer with them. Many games do not come on computer anymore, thankfully Lego games do. Also, playing less games on the computer means I get to do more Lego building!

2. I don't really like violent games, I have played GTA:SA and The Mummy (haha) games at friends' houses before, just messing about and whatnot, but violence is stupid. The licensed Lego games do have some violence, but what would be called 'cartoon violence', and it's not so realistic or anything (falling to pieces!)

3. I love Lego! The games regain the simplistic look of Lego and are a lot of fun!

Hopefully, Lego Universe will be another reason I mainly play Lego games :tongue::sweet:

Edited by Shoc

you just said excatley what i thought you would say

im not criticing you or anything, but trust me even though you may enjoy it, the way things are looking i dont think many will (even probaly people on here i dont think will like, on my asumption)

you just said excatley what i thought you would say

im not criticing you or anything, but trust me even though you may enjoy it, the way things are looking i dont think many will (even probaly people on here i dont think will like, on my asumption)

I agree that it could be bad, with spam and the like, and maybe confusion (I don't generally play MMOGs), I guess we'll just have to wait and see... :classic:

i meant the game itself...

I know, I was just saying what I thought about it. And by confusion I meant if the game's layout is confusing. :tongue:

my worries are (prepare for long list)

tree house are 'forced'

limited Minifig options

to much inclusion of non-LEGO things

quest = get thing and bring to npc

no fighting

no pvp (confirmed, f**k)

cant just build a car and drive it round (y'know what i mean)

linear

not very LEGOy (plastic as currency, WTM?)

lack of lego inclusion (theme characters as npcs and doing 'quests' based on sets and the like)

no chatting (the thing that made LEGO network fail)

relying on other people to get through (another thing that made LN fail)

making there own 'characters' (like echo, :sick: )

making sets of it (there are much more deserveing things)

failure price and/or no 'free' mode (cmon if its £10 a month and not mega awsome i wont play and i dont think parents will aswell)

novetly (fun, for five minutes)

RS strain (doing what RS has done to millions of kids, ruin there childhood)

highly worried i am :yoda:

highly worried i am :yoda:

I get what you mean...

tree house are 'forced'

I don't think tree houses will be forced upon users, just an option probably.

limited Minifig options

Apparently there is a massive selection of minifig pieces to use, and, going by the trailer for LU, even parts that don't exist in sets, like a custom DBZ torso!

to much inclusion of non-LEGO things

From the production designs it looks as if this may be the case, unfortunately... :sceptic:

not very LEGOy (plastic as currency, WTM?)

I'd rather have studs :thumbup:

yeah i did see that DBZ torso , i thoguh it was just prelim though, other wise it would get very suey.

and plastic is already confirmed to be currency though...