Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Bought the UFO Abduction set from the Alien Invasion theme at target today. Set has light in it !!! super cool.

Target Perth CBD now has the 3 new HP sets on the shelf. No Diagon Alley or Alien Conquest though.

Yeah haven't seen the Alien Conquest in Perth yet.

Alien Conquest is available at Target East Victoria Park. This store usually gets sets last in Perth so I'm surprised the sets are not anywhere else.

Has all Alien Conquest sets (I think) except for the large vehicle (the one with the nnenn figher on the back).

No new HP as of last Friday 8/7.

-Noodles

EDIT: Found some chatter about this one back in Oct '10, didn't realise it came out so long ago.

So apparently 8403 - City House was a Toyworld exclusive, going for AUD$70-$80. Has anyone seen them in the Perth stores lately?

I was going through some of the newer City stuff on amazon.co.uk and this set popped up (not in stock) and I recalled wanting it at the time.

Edited by craym0nk

EDIT: Found some chatter about this one back in Oct '10, didn't realise it came out so long ago.

So apparently 8403 - City House was a Toyworld exclusive, going for AUD$70-$80. Has anyone seen them in the Perth stores lately?

I was going through some of the newer City stuff on amazon.co.uk and this set popped up (not in stock) and I recalled wanting it at the time.

They were on ebay a little while ago for about $65 delivered from Korea. I asked for them to be sent in a box not just wrapped and I think cost $5 extra and they were delivered within a week and great condition.

My wife got me one for my birthday this year. she bought it from a Mr Toys / Toyworld here in QLD.. think it set her back around the $70-$80 mark. Good little set!

Myer (Adelaide store at least) has 50% off World Racers. Many of the sets were on the ground floor (rather than 5th) which was a little odd. Mind you, even at 50% off, $85 doesn't feel like a bargain to me for the biggest set.

Toyworld Adelaide had plenty of their exclusive city house for $70 if anyone is looking for one.

Alien Conquest is available at Target East Victoria Park. This store usually gets sets last in Perth so I'm surprised the sets are not anywhere else.

-Noodles

Ok I will check them out. Thanks.

Update on TRU Lay-buy saga: cancelled lay-buy, had to pay a $10 cancellation fee. Store manager said she couldn't waive it, I'd need to speak to head office, gave me the phone number, refunded my deposit.

Rang TRU, spoke with customer service, complained that I was now $20 out of pocket (non-refundable setup fee + cancellation fee) with nothing to show for it. Explained that the lay-buy system was poorly organised, the staff weren't educated enough to sell it, the monthly fee structure was not properly explained to me, the contract was obscene, and that I was personally telling everyone/anyone to stay away from it.

The girl was nice enough, said she would certainly be recording my feedback and passing it along. Said she could not refund the fees but she would send out a gift certificate instead. Case closed, I've learned my lesson.

Update on TRU Lay-buy saga: cancelled lay-buy, had to pay a $10 cancellation fee. Store manager said she couldn't waive it, I'd need to speak to head office, gave me the phone number, refunded my deposit.

Rang TRU, spoke with customer service, complained that I was now $20 out of pocket (non-refundable setup fee + cancellation fee) with nothing to show for it. Explained that the lay-buy system was poorly organised, the staff weren't educated enough to sell it, the monthly fee structure was not properly explained to me, the contract was obscene, and that I was personally telling everyone/anyone to stay away from it.

The girl was nice enough, said she would certainly be recording my feedback and passing it along. Said she could not refund the fees but she would send out a gift certificate instead. Case closed, I've learned my lesson.

I gave up on TRU a long time ago, not worth the frustration and effort to deal with them for the odd exclusive. There is much easier, better service from overseas dealers in my opinion. Glad it worked out for you in the end, I wouldn't of been happy with a Voucher myself, but at least you got something from them without having to take it further.

Myer Belconnen has one Tower Bridge set with box damaged by one of those stupid theft protection things with the wires. Several Excavator sets similarly damaged.

I simply will not buy sets in this condition without a hefty discount. (if I had the money for these cool sets, which I don't at the moment)

Did pick up a Log Cabin and a couple of green base plates while the 20% is still on.

Myer Maroochydore, had plenty of Tower Bridges, Imperial Flagships and Excavators, all in excellent condition.

On the other hand Kmart had NO Shuttle Expedition's, and out of the Harbour line, only the Harbour set.

Target had all New Spongebob, New Harry Potter (incl Diagon Alley), New Star Wars (incl Mace Windu's JSF) and all Alien Conquest, ready for their sale next week.

Edited by Brickus

i couldnt wait another week for the sales.. i had to grab the UFO abduction set as soon as i saw it.. lol.... spent $10 more, however i did not have to suffer the wait. so it cancels each other out :laugh:

Both Armadale and Cannington Target stores have all their stock for the sale.

Not much else of note out there though.

Bought the tripod and the smallest AC set, couldn't wait until the sale (although I will be back there for the sale to buy my Diagon Alley and possibly other HP or AC sets depending on finances :)

I'd always wondered about Target starting their mid-year toy sale somewhat later than Big W, Myer, Kmart, etc. Also, the way they saturated commercial TV with advertising for it so far off (the ads started back in June).

I thought maybe the message was "Don't spend ALL your money at the others, we've got good deals coming up too!"

But now I think they probably sell a decent amount of stock before the sale even starts, simply because it's there and people are impatient.

Anyway, I don't think you should be allowed to post in this thread unless you've bought LEGO on sale! :tongue:

(Seriously, though, you're just encouraging LEGO Australia to overcharge us. We're meant to be giving them the message: "We'll only buy when the price is good.")

There are reports in the papers that David Jones and Myer haven't done so well in profits. Low consumer confidence and all that.

I wonder if this means more sales are on the cards?

I've noticed a few David Jones stores with plenty of modular 10191 Fire Brigades on the shelves. I wouldn't say no at ~ $160.

C'mon retailers, our wallets are waiting!

Timely, thank you!

Armed with the coupon, I'm going to hit up a TRU tomorrow in the hope of finding a 2507 Fire Temple. Long shot, I know, but apparently TRU in the US now has them, and if you recall, TRU was the first retailer in Australia to get Pirates of the Caribbean, which was soon after POTC appeared at TRU in the US.

Also been instructed to find a 10191 Fire Brigade (cheap) for someone who is getting into modulars. I saw a few a month ago at TRU reduced to $199.99, but they went during an earlier sale, so don't like my chances there. (David Jones has plenty at 299.99... And a Fishpond order for $150 fell through, of course.)

Timely, thank you!

Armed with the coupon, I'm going to hit up a TRU tomorrow in the hope of finding a 2507 Fire Temple. Long shot, I know, but apparently TRU in the US now has them, and if you recall, TRU was the first retailer in Australia to get Pirates of the Caribbean, which was soon after POTC appeared at TRU in the US.

Also been instructed to find a 10191 Fire Brigade (cheap) for someone who is getting into modulars. I saw a few a month ago at TRU reduced to $199.99, but they went during an earlier sale, so don't like my chances there. (David Jones has plenty at 299.99... And a Fishpond order for $150 fell through, of course.)

If you are in Sydney I have a spare one I'm willing to sell for $220. I can meet you most places around Sydney if it helps.

Timely, thank you!

My order for $150 at Fishpond came through fine after a small delay...They have had it up at that price a few more times since too so its weird that yours fell through...

If you are in Sydney I have a spare one I'm willing to sell for $220. I can meet you most places around Sydney if it helps.

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. I'm kinda hoping over the next month for the bargain basement prices retailers resort to for clearing overstocked shelves.

If instead it goes discontinued and gets into the Café Corner / Green Grocer league, feel free to gloat as you double the price!

My order for $150 at Fishpond came through fine after a small delay...They have had it up at that price a few more times since too so its weird that yours fell through...

Seems hit & miss. Forum posters seem to have a love/hate thing about them, depending on whether their order at that super keen price goes through or not. I think it's the "it's coming, sure thing, any day now" followed by "it's cancelled" thing that most annoys people.

I will try again if/when it comes back "in stock".

I received mine eventually. Took nearly three weeks to get here after they shipped it. The price came up again about a week or so after mine shipped but I wanted to receive mine first before placing a second order. I actually doubt they will sell them at that price again as they have been unavailable on their site for a little while now. That being said, you never can tell with Fishpond.

Seems to only be at those 2 specific stores.

I saw similar coupons in one of the local newspapers a while back for one of the WA Toyworld stores (Subiaco or Claremont I think) and was intending to tell everyone about it but by the time I remembered, the sale was over.