Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I live on th Gold Coast! My closest TRU is at Pacific fair which is 40 minutes away :hmpf_bad:

That sucks :cry_sad:

So is anyone going to make a aussie finds/ect.. topic?

** EDIT ** (Since this topic is so huge I thought it'd be good if I (or a MOD/Admin) updates this first post with all the latest finds/prices ect...)

Kmart -

Myer -

David Jones ("DJs")

BigW -

Target

Toyworld

Ahsokas JSF & Vulture Droid - $80 Exclusive to Toyworld

Endor Bunker - $199 Exclusive to Toyworld

Toys"Я"us ("TRU") (Starts 13th ends 15th)

Solar Sailor - $68.99 (40% Off)

cheap_solar_sailor_tru.jpg

*please feel free to post anything I may have missed* :classic:

(Also Thanks to ISC, Svelte, Hewman, Cutlass_Iz, TheDarkness, MicroM and who ever else posted this info) :thumbup:

Australia: Toyworld have 8157 Ferrari F1 1:9 as well as the new parts packs.

6119-2.jpg

So is anyone going to make a aussie finds/ect.. topic?

This is it.... If every country had it's own topic it would become a mess.

But New Zealand gets it's own thread!. The mid-year Australian toy sales really are huge, and I think they deserve a temporary thread for the event, especially as the new sets (ie. MM, Coast Guard, etc.) will be appearing very soon.

Anyway, people create threads for far more insignificant things around here. The sales won't start for another 2 weeks anyway, so when a thread pops up, it'll pop-up. I would like to think that I'm qualified to start one as I'm pretty up-to-date on Lego in Brisbane, because I'm always going shopping at different shopping centres. It's remarkable the difference in stock between stores of the same company, David Jones being a good example.

I was thinking it might be a great set to MOC with all those orange pieces into a quasi-HQ for the Villains from Agents...at least until the Volcano comes out.

At the risk of self-promotion - see my sig :wink:

As for Aussie sales, the Target website has updated and they don't start until July 24. At least we'll have a break between the K-Mart/ Big dub ones and the Target one.

Edited by svelte_corps

Australia: Toyworld have 8157 Ferrari F1 1:9 as well as the new parts packs.

6119-2.jpg

I posted this weeks ago :tongue::wink:

Sorry if this is old news :blush::look: but i found the new [?] Bricks/Windows/Roof Pieces sets at Mr.Toys Toyworld [i didnt check the price probable wouldve been more expensive anyway then other shops :hmpf: ]

Sorry if they have been out for awhile :blush::look:

I posted this weeks ago :tongue::wink:

So you did... I find it had to notice your posts due to the colour!

So you did... I find it hard to notice your posts due to the colour!

Suuurreeee i believe you........ :tongue:

It could be worse :tongue:

Suuurreeee i believe you........ :tongue:

...and you should because I am serious. I went back and read all the posts and somehow I missed yours... :wacko:

...and you should because I am serious. I went back and read all the posts and somehow I missed yours... :wacko:

OK OK!! I BELIEVE YOU! :sing::wink::tongue: also those roof/door/wheels sets are $20 AUSD but that was at Toyworld so it mite be cheaper in other shops

I'm guessing the invisible house dosnt come with it :cry_sad:

Anyway the batman sets seem to be everywhere in Aus. now! I went to BIG W today but they didnt have the batbuggy :cry_sad: so ill go to toy world 2moz because i saw in their catalogue that they has em!

OK OK!! I BELIEVE YOU! also those roof/door/wheels sets are $20 AUSD but that was at Toyworld so it mite be cheaper in other shops

mite, you mean "might" unless you meen vegemite :look: I saw a Vegemite container a while a go made out of lego :oh: umm just incase some one wanted to know...

I'm guessing the invisible house dosnt come with it :cry_sad:

Anyway the batman sets seem to be everywhere in Aus. now! I went to BIG W today but they didnt have the batbuggy :cry_sad: so ill go to toy world 2moz because i saw in their catalogue that they has em!

mite, you mean "might" unless you meen vegemite :look: I saw a Vegemite container a while a go made out of lego :oh: umm just incase some one wanted to know...

I had a mind-blank :tongue:

Yea its a batman set invasion!!!!!!! I might get the Mr.Freeze one and maybe the penguin with robin set and thats probable it for my batman sets, the rest will probable SW, City, Agents [when it comes out] and probable a IJ set or 2

Also speaking of batman i like the new robin with the new mutt hair [lol mutt hair say it out loud :tongue::grin: ]

The Big W sale catalogue is now online for sale starting July 3. See p 54-55 for Lego. As predicted, they have all the Castle sets with an exclusive on the Troll Warship. No prices yet. There's also pics of some of the January Star Wars and April Cargo sets, nothing we haven't seen on sale before although it will be interesting to see their prices.

The Big W sale catalogue is now online for sale starting July 3. See p 54-55 for Lego. As predicted, they have all the Castle sets with an exclusive on the Troll Warship. No prices yet. There's also pics of some of the January Star Wars and April Cargo sets, nothing we haven't seen on sale before although it will be interesting to see their prices.

yay I predicted that :tongue: Suck on that september!

thanks for the news!

EDIT: is there a linky? Please?

Edited by hollisbrick

Page 54 and Page 55

Disappointing there's none of the new lovely SW stuff you found in the retailers catalogue, hollisbrick. Boos! Last year was pretty good with discounts on the second half of year releases. Maybe since Target is holding off til July 24 they've got something saved for then...

Page 54 and Page 55

Disappointing there's none of the new lovely SW stuff you found in the retailers catalogue, hollisbrick. Boos! Last year was pretty good with discounts on the second half of year releases. Maybe since Target is holding off til July 24 they've got something saved for then...

we can only hope! I'm so excited lol :alien:

Just a couple of Aussie announcements.

1.Big W is advertising the new Castle sets DMdefender, Battlewagon, Orc ship and Tower assault in store only at Big W from 3 of July (no prices though)

2.And Targets biggest toy sale starts 24 July (my wifes Bday, wonder what lego she would like :tongue: )

So hopefully they will have the Castle stuff in on sale.

3.Our TRU didnt have any x-wings either :hmpf_bad: ( i was in a hurry at work when typing this :blush: )EDIT

Edited by I Scream Clone

Oh i just love this time of the year with all the many toy sales going on, unfortunately i don't have a Big W store down here in my end of country VIC so i will have to wait for that orc ship.

I have just noticed that Kmart will offer a online sneak peek at the catalog on Thurs the 26th. I hope they have some repeats of the MTT last year as i got some huge savings.

The Kmart Super Toy Sale sneak peek catalogue just came online and it's got some great suprises!. They're bringing in both last-years 10178 Motorized AT-AT and the 10179 UCS Millenium Falcon :D. I can't believe it!. They've also got all of the new Coastguard sets available now, which I saw in store at Toowong Kmart in Brisbane on the weekend. I would expect each of the upcoming sales to yield at least a 20% discount on Lego.

There's no prices as of yet but you can view the Lego section here: Page 30-31

You can also view the BigW Lego sneak peek here.

Frontpage - Page 30 - Page 31

page01cp2.th.jpgpage30ps6.th.jpgpage31ie5.th.jpg

So far we have previews of both BigW and Kmart's toy sales, both of which are beginning next Thursday, July 3. We've got brand new dwarf and troll Castle sets at BigW plus the complete Coastguard collection at Kmart, as well as 2 sets I never thought I would see in retail, the 10178 Motorized AT-AT and 10179 UCS Millenium Falcon :D

Edited by radiant7

That is amazing news, radiant7!

I tried to find these pages this morning but couldn't!

There will be an AFOL stampede at K-Mart next Thursday for sure.

I seriously can't believe 10178 or 10179 would get a retail release here. And there should be a substantial discount too! What do we think? 20%? 30%?

NOW I'm excited.

EDIT:

Ten minutes later, I'm still excited. Kid in a candy store doesn't cover it! How am I gonna sleep until next Thurs? And just after getting the mid year Lego catalogue yesterday with all the new Lego loveliness as well! I think now, if ever, the Aussie sales deserve a thread of their own.

Edited by svelte_corps

Wow. Gogo UCS Falcon. I wonder what the price would be though...

I'll definitely be heading in on the Wednesday arvo to my local Kmart (I used to work there) and ask around what stuff they have, although from my past experiences there is a fair chance that the advertised stuff won't actually be delivered (or if it is it won't be displayed) on the day of the sale because they have so much crap. Either that or I will be there at 7am (I promised myself I never would be >.<) and try and pick up the Falcon and the AT-AT (and the Drawf Mine if it's there). If I miss out I might sweet talk my old manager to giving me a raincheck :grin:

That is amazing news, radiant7!

I tried to find these pages this morning but couldn't!

There will be an AFOL stampede at K-Mart next Thursday for sure.

I seriously can't believe 10178 or 10179 would get a retail release here. And there should be a substantial discount too! What do we think? 20%? 30%?

NOW I'm excited.

EDIT:

Ten minutes later, I'm still excited. Kid in a candy store doesn't cover it! How am I gonna sleep until next Thurs? And just after getting the mid year Lego catalogue yesterday with all the new Lego loveliness as well! I think now, if ever, the Aussie sales deserve a thread of their own.

You got me excited now :tongue: Something tells lego wont be over 30 percent off...but definately over 10 percent!

Cant wait for the dwarf mine defender! :cry_happy:

You got me excited now :tongue: Something tells lego wont be over 30 percent off...but definately over 10 percent!

I don't know... in previous years when stores have had shop at home exclusives sometimes we've been lucky. The previous (minifig) Millennium Falcon was in Myer for $100. And I'm sure the ISD 10030 was marked down to $400 when it was first released in stores here (DJs maybe). Admittedly that was a few years ago.

But K-Mart isn't a 'high-end' retailer (like David Jones or Myer) where you would usually see the big sets like this, so I can't imagine the price could be kept astronomical compared to their usual stock. I guess we'll find out soon!

I think now, if ever, the Aussie sales deserve a thread of their own.

Indeed. This is big news... :oh:

I don't know... in previous years when stores have had shop at home exclusives sometimes we've been lucky. The previous (minifig) Millennium Falcon was in Myer for $100. And I'm sure the ISD 10030 was marked down to $400 when it was first released in stores here (DJs maybe). Admittedly that was a few years ago.

But K-Mart isn't a 'high-end' retailer (like David Jones or Myer) where you would usually see the big sets like this, so I can't imagine the price could be kept astronomical compared to their usual stock. I guess we'll find out soon!

dAVID jONES IS CRAP WHERE i LIVE :hmpf_bad: Apparently Toy world is the best lego retailer (according to their mag)

guess we'll wait and see :thumbup: