Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

That's funny my Big W had all six of them but they were $14.64.

Blah, one of these days I'll remember to write this stuff down or something. Sorry, that's almost certainly the correct price - I never bother remembering decimal prices and just round up out of practicality (because really what is 35c these days) so I remembered it as $15, but when I came here I recalled there being decimals in there somewhere and wasn't sure which way I'd gone earlier, so I put $16 to be safe. I'm lamenting my suckitude here, rest assured.

I just got back from K-Mart in Belconnen, grabbed the last lighthouse on the shelf! Was in last night, and there were quite a few left, and there was no mention of the discounted price, so word must be getting round on the internet.

Doh, where was it hiding?

Oh well, picked up the last one I could find at Target upstairs for $6 more. And a Knight Bus, now what can I do with those nice purple train windows?

:classic: :classic:

Managed to Layby a Diagon Alley, but they were all cleared out very quickly at Brisbane CBD Target as were the Hogwarts sets.

Because of all the local sales action I haven't been looking online recently but today I dropped by the Barnes and Noble website and saw they had some new sets in.

The Star Wars Frigate 7964 was on discount and with the shipping it ends up being $110 AUS shipped!

If you join the kids club you can get 30% off (I think it's off the original price but still) which discounts it even further

http://tinyurl.com/3g33wcw

Shipping can take a while but I received all the sets I ordered in 2-4 weeks.

I'm off to see what else they have :classic:

Cheers

Hi guys sorry to push this again but there is a coupon D4J7V3X that gets you 30% off at B&N.

I bought the 7964 Frigate for $105 shipped and the Alien Conquest HQ 7066 for $65 shiped.

Cheers

Hmmmmm, not really a sale anymore these days is it, almost standard since they give out 20% off all the time.

They can do better then 20% for sure.........

That is true, I can't remember the last time I paid full price for Lego, it must have been at least a year.

I expect a minimum of 20% savings these days.

Edited by shnake

Hi guys sorry to push this again but there is a coupon D4J7V3X that gets you 30% off at B&N.

I bought the 7964 Frigate for $105 shipped and the Alien Conquest HQ 7066 for $65 shiped.

Cheers

Thanks for posting this. I saw some of the SW sets started popping up on Amazon UK and was hoping for some great prices but they won't ship those sets here :cry_sad:

That being said, my last order from Amazon was smashed up and even water got into the boxes, but their customer service was awesome. :thumbup:

Really not sure about trying out BN again though, regardless of their price. 2 of my 3 orders have been packed poorly.

EDIT: They also have the Sith Nightspeeder at $22.45 US and the Ewok Attack at $22.45 US

Edited by TheDarkness

I thought this might be of interest:

Myer has a Christmas Club which is like a savings plan to accumulate money to spend during the November-December Christmas period (or actually up to 24 months after).

Each month Myer debits your bank account for a nominated amount (minimum $25) and adds it to your Myer Christmas Club card. After 31 October, they issue you a gift card containing the money you've had debited over the previous months.

Now, personally I stay away from things like gift cards and automatic payment plans like the plague. In this case, they are offering an incentive: they'll credit an extra $10 for each $100 you have debited. Which effectively means anything you buy with that money is getting an automatic 10% discount. (Or rather, you can buy 10% more stuff than you otherwise could.)

As followers of this thread, we only buy LEGO in Australia when it is on sale, RIGHT?! So during November-December, when Myer has its inevitable 20%, 25% or 20% + 10% (28%) MyerOne specials, being a member of the Myer Christmas Club and using your accumulated gift card would add a further 10% to any of those. Which isn't that bad a deal at all.

I'm still suspicious of anything that takes my money away on an automatic basis and locks it up until a certain time, and I probably won't commit to it, but if you just know you will be buying a lot of LEGO around a certain date, this Myer Christmas Club thing could be something worth considering.

Perhaps someone could compare experiences between this and the Myer vouchers?

Edited by dotmike

BigW have the harbour sets now and cheaper than when kmart had them on sspecial except the marina.

Fishing boat $19.67. Harbor $97. Marina $68.72. Little speed boat $6.93. Racing boat $47.66

BigW have the harbour sets now and cheaper than when kmart had them on sspecial except the marina.

Fishing boat $19.67. Harbor $97. Marina $68.72. Little speed boat $6.93. Racing boat $47.66

Kmart might price match the Harbour set - I wonder if Target will have them before their sale ends on Thursday ! :grin:

Quick EDIT !! - Target sent me an email......sale extended to 10th of August - I repeat 10th of August.

Shop On ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

The Hoth Echo Base set is up on Aus shop at home now, $170. It might be hard to find at Toys R Us so I immediately forked over $205 including shipping for my set that will arrive within 18 business days... either that or I just laughed and thought as much as I love The Empire Strikes Back and Hoth Lego, I wouldn't even buy this set at 20% off at Toys R Us.

The Hoth Echo Base set is up on Aus shop at home now, $170. It might be hard to find at Toys R Us so I immediately forked over $205 including shipping for my set that will arrive within 18 business days... either that or I just laughed and thought as much as I love The Empire Strikes Back and Hoth Lego, I wouldn't even buy this set at 20% off at Toys R Us.

US$90. That Aussie price is tuff.

Ninety dollars compared to 169 bucks ? :look:

Did the conversion over 81 dollars AU from 90 bucks US.....go figure ? *huh*

$170??? *huh*

If I want it the Bricklink will be my friend. Ludicrous

I already bought the Hoth Echo Base and Naboo Starfighter, off Bricklink from South Korea, on Friday, for US$208, (AU$194) express shipping inclusive (arrived today). $170 is ridiculous for that set, no one in their right mind would pay the Australian RRP.

Edited by Brickus

In case anyone was interested and wasn't yet aware, series 5 minifigs have started popping up on bricklink......

S@H has further discounted some of their already discounted stock. I cannot be bothered listing it all, however click here

http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/Sales-And-Deals?s=1&pg=va&_requestid=6676381

(including many of the board games, and on that note:) Heroica & Lego Champion are now on AU S@H. $50 for Lego Champion, $40 for Castle Fortaan, $30 for Waldurk Forest & Caverns of Nathuz, $23 for Draida Bay.

Free ADU Jetpack minifig with orders over $45 for this month.

In case anyone was interested and wasn't yet aware, series 5 minifigs have started popping up on bricklink......

Are you interested in splitting a box? I'm looking for one set plus the box.

Please send me a PM, you can't receive any more messages.

Looks like only one seller with complete boxes for sale so far (thanks ang911 for the pointers).

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=torquay&itemID=25486128

Their price per box is OK at around $AU127, but their postage is a bit high bringing the total to approx $AU170.

Not bad compared to Aussie retail but prices should come down as more sellers appear.

Lol, just got an email from Amazon UK about a refund on the price grantee on the brickmaster city set I pre-ordered, for a whole ah what ever 50 of their cents are.

If anyone gets a BM city sound off I am curious to what it is like.

It looks like Amazon.fr is shipping some of the new Technic sets to Australia.

I just ordered:

• 8110 Unimog U400 : EUR 158,78 = AUD 211.29 (RRP probably going to be about AUD 350-400)
  • 8109 Flatbed Truck : EUR 72,07 = AUD 95.90 (RRP probably going to be about AUD 150-200)
  • and an older set from 2009, the 8258 Crane Truck : EUR 108,69 = AUD 144.63 (RRP AUD 299.99)

Shipping was EUR 27,50 = AUD 36.59, with estimated delivery between the 8th and 10th of August.

It was a bit tiresome translating all the French (thanks Google), but if you use Google Chrome it will translate on-the-fly for you. The shopping cart process is the same as other Amazon sites, and it even remembered my Amazon.co.uk shipping address and CC details so I didn't have to re-enter them.

Overall it should be close to a 40-50% saving on AU recommended retail prices, and hopefully this is the last round of sets that I'll be buying this year, but I can't make any promises! :wacko:

I'll post an update once I have the goods in hand...

It looks like Amazon.fr is shipping some of the new Technic sets to Australia.

I just ordered:

• 8110 Unimog U400 : EUR 158,78 = AUD 211.29 (RRP probably going to be about AUD 350-400)
  • 8109 Flatbed Truck : EUR 72,07 = AUD 95.90 (RRP probably going to be about AUD 150-200)
  • and an older set from 2009, the 8258 Crane Truck : EUR 108,69 = AUD 144.63 (RRP AUD 299.99)

Shipping was EUR 27,50 = AUD 36.59, with estimated delivery between the 8th and 10th of August.

It was a bit tiresome translating all the French (thanks Google), but if you use Google Chrome it will translate on-the-fly for you. The shopping cart process is the same as other Amazon sites, and it even remembered my Amazon.co.uk shipping address and CC details so I didn't have to re-enter them.

Overall it should be close to a 40-50% saving on AU recommended retail prices, and hopefully this is the last round of sets that I'll be buying this year, but I can't make any promises! :wacko:

I'll post an update once I have the goods in hand...

Awesome prices, keep us informed on how it goes, as I would love to make more orders from Amazon. Their customer service is second to none.

EDIT: Did you try any other sets to see what they would ship?

Edited by TheDarkness

I just ordered:

Ooh, nice price, well done! But looks like they've increased it to EUR 189.90 now :sad:

Edited by KartoffelViking