Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Fabuland Star Wars Death Star II

indexed.gif

Copmike and I brought a display to Brickworld in Chicago and this diorama was a part of it:

death_star_01.jpg

Click the image for the full gallery

We won the award for best vignette! :blush:

death_star_17.jpg

It was a blast building with Copmike! He was happy to build his first contribution to the Fabuland Builder's Guild and we built off of each other's creativity well. Try building some Fabuland Star Wars with a buddy. I can guarantee you'll have a laugh or two. :laugh: We built two other dioramas I'll share over the next couple of days plus full coverage of BrickWorld. We caused lots of trouble! :grin:

Here are the custom figs from our Death Star diorama:

death_star_20.jpg

death_star_21.jpg

Check out more pictures here:

down.jpg

Of course You had to do it "Fabuwise" :laugh:

Nicely done, it actually has that Star Wars feeling to it.

What did you "win" except the cool Brickworld Best Vignette plate and bricks :tongue:

KimT

PS: I'll add this to the SW MOC, MOD and Vignette thread. Please add the index sign yourself.

Of course You had to do it "Fabuwise" :laugh:

Nicely done, it actually has that Star Wars feeling to it.

What did you "win" except the cool Brickworld Best Vignette plate and bricks :tongue:

KimT

Thanks! :sweet: We won ... er ... Fabuland pride ... and the title of best vignette builder for a year. That's pretty cool. Right? :look:

PS: I'll add this to the SW MOC, MOD and Vignette thread. Please add the index sign yourself.

Thanks! :laugh: And I'll add the indexed tag once Shadows gets it in the Fabuland index. :classic:

Lovely work!

Now can you do a Fabuloutlandish version of 10188 for us, pretty please? :wink:

Congrats for the award! You two did a very good job on this :thumbup:

And it's a very inspiring Death Star model, too :oh3:

Can't wait to see the other 2 dioramas!

LuxorV

Congrats once again to Hinckley and Copmike! :thumbup:

This is a "Fabulastic" piece of work. And, I am glad that you guys have won.

Thanks for sharing more of these excellent pictures with us. :sweet:

Haha that's awesome! The overall design of the setting and the characters ( :wub: the decals) are brilliant!

I'd like to see the others very much! :laugh:

Posting While in School On!

:skull:

Love it! Not quite as much as the Tantive IV, but I can't argue. Perfect scale. Perfect atmosphere. Perfect character selection. Somehow, they all fit their characters perfectly, and I'm a sucker for monkeys anyway. :thumbup:

Look at all that great scaled up detail! The throne, the terminals, it's just all so perfect. :sweet:

Congratulations on your win and for bringing more attention to Fabuland! I thank you, the guild thanks you, George Lucas thanks you. :wacko:

Now I want to see a "Fabuland Star Wars: The Motion Picture" project where someone takes the whole movie and remakes it in Fabuland. That would be stunning. :wub:

Thanks! :laugh: And I'll add the indexed tag once Shadows gets it in the Fabuland index. :classic:

Actually, I'll just add both tags myself when I index. :tongue:

I don't know if that's Star Wars in a Fabuland style or Fabuland doing Star Wars but either way it's Fantastic.

What's that window piece from that is behind the Emp-terrier?

I don't know if that's Star Wars in a Fabuland style or Fabuland doing Star Wars but either way it's Fantastic.

What's that window piece from that is behind the Emp-terrier?

2598px1.jpg or 2598px2.1186900849.jpg

Depending on whether it's grey or bley.

Makes a great window, doesn't it?

Classic. You recreated one of the most memorable scenes with one of the least memorable themes. No wonder you won best vignette.

Saw it in Nannan's gallery; it's beautiful, so great idea to bring back Fabuland characters into these sceneries. Congratulations for both the Fabuland revival, and for this fantastic vignette.

Sorry, but this makes Star Wars look cheap. :sadnew:

What an insult to Fabuland! :oh3::angry:

And an insult to this wonderful MOC! :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Shoc

thats not cool man :wink:

awsome moc you deserved that win

i really like the fact that the imperial guards are monkeys :laugh:

are you doing any more fabustar-wars? i reckon the trash compactor would be cool :wink:

Zero is entitled to his opinion guys. Even if it is wrong. :tongue: Zero, you could be a bit more constructive, but I certainly don't expect everyone to like it but thanks for the kind words, guys.

At Brickworld, this punk kid with a rat tail walked up to our display and nearly vomited on it he was so disgusted by the Fabulandization of Star Wars. He wrinkled his face in disgust and said "What the heck?" Then he took it all in for a second and said "That's really creepy!" And then he stormed off as the rest of his friends checked out our display. While they were still looking he stomped back over and threw his arms up in the air saying "Why would anyone replace them with pigs and junk? It doesn't make any sense!" Then he stomped off again, shaking his head. He was clearly offended... :laugh:

At Brickworld, this punk kid with a rat tail walked up to our display and nearly vomited on it he was so disgusted by the Fabulandization of Star Wars. He wrinkled his face in disgust and said "What the heck?" Then he took it all in for a second and said "That's really creepy!" And then he stormed off as the rest of his friends checked out our display. While they were still looking he stomped back over and threw his arms up in the air saying "Why would anyone replace them with pigs and junk? It doesn't make any sense!" Then he stomped off again, shaking his head. He was clearly offended... :laugh:

Hehehe, strange. Even stranger, he had a tail. :wacko::tongue:

I don't agree with those comments, but I like things that make a parody of other things. :grin:

Lovely :wub: Great selection of figs for the characters, and great job capturing both the SW atmosphere and the Fabuland feeling at the same time. No wonder you won :classic:

Funny thing is, when I first saw the Fabuland Tantive IV on Nannan's Flickr I just knew you had to be involved :tongue: And it came as no surprise that it was a co-op between you and copmike.

Please do more SW-Fabuland, it's a very cool concept that I think has lots of potential. :classic: (I wonder what kind of fig you would use for Han Solo or Obi-Wan)

Please do more SW-Fabuland, it's a very cool concept that I think has lots of potential. :classic: (I wonder what kind of fig you would use for Han Solo or Obi-Wan)

Oh, we may have some plans in the works... :wink:

That is simply great. I have nothing else to say. I'm glad you guys won- that's so awesome! :laugh:

more? :sweet: (Edit: whoops, missed the above... :blush: )

What? :wacko:

What a strange, strange little boy. :cry_sad:

You oughtta be ashamed of yourself!!

(:tongue:) whatever, its your opinion, i respect that.

Anyways, congrats to both of you on winning the best vig (? 8x8?). good work, it actually looks like SW. And about the crazy kid, that must have been hilarious to watch. A weird, loud kid goes up to a LEGO creation, yells out a rude comment and storms off, all while two adults are just chuckling and shaking their heads. And whoever didnt (or wants) to know, the kid didnt actually have a tail! :hmpf::laugh: "rattail" means he had a bit of long hair in the back of his neck, compared to the shorter hair on his head, the long bunch of haor looks like a rat tail, hence the name. :wink:

Congrats again, Hinckley and Copmike. :sweet:

Very funny.

Though, I'm not sure it should count as a vignette, since its significantly larger than 8x8.

Steve