Siegfried

Who is responsible for the renaissance of Fabuland?

Renaissance of Fabuland  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who is responsible?

• Sinner
    • Hinckley
    • Sir Nadroj
    • imperialshadows
    • TLG for making a cool line like Fabuland in the first place
    • sir dano
    • Gylman

indexed.gif

builders_guild.gif

eDSC00746es.jpg

I'm a regular reader of The Brothers Brick and recently they blogged about one of Hinckley's MOCs and the poster said that he feels Hinckley is responsible for the new Fabuland trend. I've been thinking about this for a while, and a few days ago I was discussing something else with Hinckley and Fabuland come up in the conversation. Here are some excepts from it...

Sinner: On the subject of Fabuland, I've been considering starting a poll; "Who is responsible for the renaissance of Fabuland"... (The answer is me, but I'm curious what others think...)

Hinckley: You know, them's fightin' words. Fabuland Housewives predates your goofy avatar...

Sinner: Very true, but what was the result aside from that interview in Brick Journal?

Hinckley: Did you get interviewed by BrickJournal??

The way I see it, Fabuland Housewives was first by a large margin, but it wasn't until I turned up here with a Fabuland avatar and got Hinckley frustrated about his turkey that others started using Fabuland avatars. However, after Sir Nadroj made some cool MOCs that others started making Fabuland MOCs more.... Then there's imperialshadows and the FBG; perhaps it's him!

So what do you think? Is it me, Hinckley, Sir Nadroj, imperialshadows... or someone else? (Give me a good reason and I'll add another name to the list.)

EDIT:

sir dano claims he is because he coined the term "The Fabuland Edge". I boo him for this claim as the Renaissance of Fabuland was before that, but I've added him anyway! :wink:

Gylman for his Fabuland keychain collection and display.

Interesting poll, but I'm going to say EVERYBODY is responsible, in their own way.

It could lead to a fight if we picked JUST one :look::tongue:

I'll need to think about this a lil bit before I'll be able to answer... didn't Hinckley have a title for a while that said "Master of the Fabulands" or something like that? :hmpf_bad: Doesn't sound like it from what you presented... Maybe he's just jealous and that's why he took your bucket, and that would mean you're the guy responsible? *huh* I need to think, I'll post again when I've voted...

Faramir

P.S. Have fun fightin over this...

Anyone who doesn't vote for me gets banned. :angry:

Just kidding. :tongue:

No, I'm not! :angry:

Well, let's see...

As much as I'd love to take some credit, I was only responsible for organizing the movement, not creating it. I launched the Fabuland Revolution thread which ultimately became the Guild, but my love for the Fabuland came from Fabuland Housewives.

So, I'm voting for Hinck.

Honestly, I think it could be looked at this way:

Hinck planted the seed (oh no...), Sinner watered it (this isn't getting any better), I made sure things were orderly and well planned, and SirNadroj fertilized it (here we go again) with his imagination, improving it with his MOCs. By the same logic, all of the Guild members helped in their own way.

Planting analogies suck. :sceptic:

Oh Wow! Me got blogged?? *huh*

I hadn't noticed that. Cool! I love stuff about me. :blush:

Oh Wow! Me got blogged?? *huh*

I hadn't noticed that. Cool! I love stuff about me. :blush:

Not to be an idiot, bit would you mind being a bit more specific?

*Hides self within a blue bucket in a vain attempt to avoid the banhamer because he chose choice #5*

Edited by Wilhelm screamer

Not to be an idiot, bit would you mind being a bit more specific?

Sinner links to a Brothers Brick blog of my most recent Fabuland MOC in the first post of this thread...

*Hides self within a blue bucket from banhamer because he chose choice #5*

Don't say I didn't warn you Wilhem... :devil:

**Note: I haven't actually chambered Wilhelm, I just put the "Bad Kids" tag in his profile as a joke. He can still post here. I'm just goofing around... :tongue:

tread carefully, Wilhelm... :angry:

Normally, I would vote for shadows because I get special "plant analogies" for doing that, but... I had to vote for Hinckley. In my opinion, Hinckley has recreated interest in this line. Without him there would be no Fabuland Guild or Fabuland Revolution even though others were pivotal in starting these groups. For me, if it weren't for his beautiful MOCs and Fabuland Housewives, I never would have thought to buy Fabuland. Seriously, is this supposed to be a build Hinckley's ego thread? :wink::laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Alice

I'm responsible for it. :grin:

"Why?" you may ask.

'Cause I coined the term "The Fabuland Edge". :look:

Even though nobody uses it anymore. :cry_sad:

Edited by sir dano

Normally, I would vote for shadows because I get special "plant analogies" for doing that, but... I had to vote for Hinckley.

Uh, you're barking up the wrong root there... :laugh:

In my opinion, Hinckley has recreated interest in this line. Without him there would be no Fabuland Guild or Fabuland Revolution

TRAITOR! Get the Outlaws tag! :angry:

Geez... it's one thing to credit him with the interest, but the phrase "Fabuland Revolution" is mine! MINE! MINE! MINE! :angry:

Seriously, is this supposed to be a build Hinckley's ego thread? :wink::laugh: :laugh:

Is there any other kind? :tongue::laugh:

I really like this thread. No, really... :cry_sad:

*goes away crying*

"Why?" you may ask.

'Cause I coined the term "The Fabuland Edge". :look: Even though nobody uses it anymore. :cry_sad:

The proof being?

I'll protect you with my multipurpose bucket! :tongue:

eDSC01378es.jpg

The thought of trying to find out what is in there scares me. :look:

Edited by Wilhelm screamer

Seriously, is this supposed to be a build Hinckley's ego thread? :wink::laugh: :laugh:

No, it's a build Sinner's ego thread... that seems to be failing! Burn baby, burn!

eDSC01019es.jpg

I think your reason is lacking, but you've been added just the same! :tongue:

That's what I think the site it for. :grin:

Seriously, thanks for the kind words, Alice. Sorry I don't have any root for you. No offense, I just like...different botany. :wacko:

This is what I wrote on the Brothers Brick:

"I don't know if I'm responsible for the renewed interest in Fabuland or not. I do have a lot of brethren along with me for the revolution, though, so I guess it doesn't really matter."

But, I'll still kill ban anyone who votes for anyone but me!

The proof being?
I like the idea of "The Fabuland Edge" as defined by sir dano. I will start adding those occasionally to mine as well, if you're okay with that.

:grin::tongue:

I think your reason is lacking, but you've been added just the same! :tongue:

Why thank you! :blush::tongue:

PS-sir dano doesn't need to prove it. He is the guy who coined the term "Fabuland edge."

Cross-posted! Yes, sir dano also found the proof. :sweet:

TLC. Without them, Fabuland wouldn't exist. And without Fabuland, all these wonderful jokes never have existed. And then where would we be? The world would be a much more sad, lonely place without it. (EB at least...)

Oh. See kids, this is why you read the thread first! :oh3:

The thought of trying to find out what is in there scares me. :look:

Does it matter? It's FROWN. That's bad enough. :sick:

I have added this thread to the Fabuland Builder's Guild Index, the single source of all things Fabuland here at EB.

Carry on.

:wink:

Burn baby, burn!

Disco inferno! :sing:

<Ahem>

Well, I first saw Fabuland when I saw Sinner's avatar, which made me think, "What the heck is that??" I then found out about Fabuland. Then I saw Hinckley's Fabuland Housewives, and now he's hot all those MOCs. Well, Sinner had the avatar, but Hinckley kicked it in motion with all his other Fabuland stuff.

So, vote: Hinckley.

Man I miss Roman Mafia. :cry_sad:

~Peace

When I was lurking around in Eurobricks back then, I only noticed Hinckley and Sinner, playing around with their Fabuland figures. This stirs a great interest in me. Firstly, I never thought that Fabuland and our typical LEGO sets can be merged and played together. In fact, I find it a great combination. Then, I discovered Hinckley's website and read up on Fabuland Housewives. It was so wonderful. Then it came along, with the Fabuland revolution with ImperialShadows taking charge, gathering all Fabuland builders in Eurobricks to share the Fabuland love.

Everyone had put in a considerable amount of effort in this wonderful theme. It's hard to make a choice, but I have to choose Hinckley. Because it was his Fabuland Housewives that made me read in the past. And of course, ImperialShadows. He inspired me to enjoy my Fabuland again, by digging up and re-building my Fabuland creations.

And here it is, this is the beginning of Fabuland again. :blush:

Well, I first saw Fabuland when I saw Sinner's avatar, which made me think, "What the heck is that??" I then found out about Fabuland. Then I saw Hinckley's Fabuland Housewives, and now he's hot all those MOCs. Well, Sinner had the avatar, but Hinckley kicked it in motion with all his other Fabuland stuff.

Indeed, but I really don't remember Hinckley ever really...you know, touting his Fabuland-ness like Sinner. I nulled my vote, because I believe it was a "joint" venture.

Also, I believe that this is leading to another smackdown. :tongue::wink: