Sign in to follow this  
Rook

Action IV Cargo Transport

indexed.gif

Oh it isn't the best ship I've built but it does win first place for the biggest. At around 40lbs and 5 feet 6 inches this minifig scale Action IV Cargo Transport takes the cake for the Rook collection of MOC's. Hours to build = unknown.

Ship modifications include: extended rear hanger bay for extra cargo, 2 side twin laser cannons, 2 side twin sonic missile launchers, 2 twin rear guard laser cannons, 2 forward devastating ion cannons with enough juice to put an ISD in to an eternal nap, kitchenette, dinning area, bathroom, shower room, several sleeping areas, rear data center, front cargo bay, maintenance bay for speeders and smaller vehicles, a luxury command control center, a current crew of 15 plus 4 droids, 2 speeder bikes, 2 speeders, 1 raft, 1 motor cycle, 1 cargo sled. Also includes special guest appearance by Luke Skywalker and Dack Ralter. Yes I know this doesn't fit into any story line, but they are there never the less.

th_P1010543-3.jpg th_P1010545-2.jpg th_P1010546-1.jpg th_P1010547-1.jpg

th_P1010548-1.jpg th_P1010549-1.jpg th_P1010567-2.jpg th_P1010603-1.jpg

55 Picture Gallery

Wow great work!

It's huuuuuge! And there's so much detail in it, very cool :thumbup:

Sweet little vehicles you made for it, too :classic:

It's just a little bit weird colored at some places, but that's not that bad as you don't see them if the outer hull is closed :tongue:

Great! You're a very talented builder I'd say :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Best regards, Benny

That's great! Out of all the Star Wars freighters and capital ships I'd never dream of building an Action IV, but that one is very cool and I'm glad you decided to share. deino2.gif

Wow great work!

It's huuuuuge! And there's so much detail in it, very cool :thumbup:

Sweet little vehicles you made for it, too :classic:

It's just a little bit weird colored at some places, but that's not that bad as you don't see them if the outer hull is closed :tongue:

Great! You're a very talented builder I'd say :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Best regards, Benny

Thanks. I'll give you some back story. I was talking about pushing the limits of MOC size, when I decided I better show everyone what I mean. I had built MOC's about 100 studs long before. I had been saying you can build really big just use one "ish" color on the out side and fill the inside with whatever. In this case I didn't even really touch my "blues" and was able to build a MOC twice as long as anything I had ever built before.

Well done attempting such a large build! and pulling it off! it looks great, i dont mind the different colours all that much either.

The crew looks cool too, keep up the good work!

Enormous MOC on!

wow! your best work, i think. its so big! and the detail is outstanding! maybe you deserve an "expert MOCer" tag?

An inspiring and well thought-out work, an original and impressive ship indeed. It looks cool on the outside and´s equipped with a wonderful

interior, and there´s even a shower! :blush: I especially like those clever slide-out compartments and how the little crafts´re stored. Neat! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for you're comments. I've started to recycle the pieces for a few contests that are going on right now. I'm 2 hrs into ripping it apart. Looks like I'm about half way so 4 hrs just to take it apart. :blush:

Freakn' Shweet! :oh3:

I like it ! It is minfig scale, right?

Yep. Sure is. That's my prefered scale of building. Only time I build nano, micro, or UCS is for contests.

Awesome work :thumbup::thumbup:

I am truly impressed.

I especially like that You've done it minifig scaled

KimT

Oh it isn't the best ship I've built but it does win first place for the biggest. At around 40lbs and 5 feet 6 inches this minifig scale Action IV Cargo Transport takes the cake for the Rook collection of MOC's. Hours to build = unknown.

NOT THE BEST SHIP YOU'VE BUILT?! If so, I'd like to see some more of your work, 'cause I :wub: that ship! :thumbup::thumbup: from me!

That is a beautiful ship with some nice details! The interior is very realistic, that's something I like to see.

I look forward to your future works!