sigpro

AT-AT MOC by sigpro

indexed.gif

Here you are, ATAT version "0"

It will be upgraded and finished, of course.

Enjoy!

atatjuntospe9.th.jpg

atatcabezaws5.th.jpg

Looks great!

The body and head look very close in scale and shape to the 'real' AT-AT. I'm impressed. How long has it taken to create so far?

Do you have more pics?

Edited by chris_austin

I began with the head in december 2007

The head took many many many upgrades. I finally downloaded the schematics of an ATAT and my first task was to measure the main dimensions.

According to EP V, two drivers and General Veers were to fit inside. So I built a prototype and I had to scale it.

Once that was done, I had to scale the head with the other dimensions. Leg length, hull height, etc.

I think I did a good "0" version.

When I get the rest of my BL orders, more upgrades will be done.

Thanks!

I don't like the legs. They are too skinny.

Even skinny, they are "over scaled", as they are wider than if I had built them exactly scaled; but they would not have dealt with the weight.

Thanks.

I like your design a lot! It seems to be really huge next to the original AT-AT.

Could you place a Minifig beside it? I'd love to see how that'll look?

Great Job!

Benny

Here you are, ATAT version "0"

It will be upgraded and finished, of course.

Enjoy!

That's a huge effort, well done, do you know how many pieces it is. As someone else mentioned, the legs seem skinny (But I'll take your word about them being in proportion). But on reflection it's not that they're too skinny but that they're misisng bits on the sides, is this something that you'll be adding to? This is such a minor criticism as I think overall it looks great, thanks for sharing it with us!

Of course, I must finish it!

Many pieces must be attached. Tiles on the front area of the legs. The discs in the "knees" and the "hips".

The "nails" must be changed for smaller ones. And many many many upgrades.

Thanks!!!!

I like the legs. They add a sense of the movie to the creation. The cables from the snow speeders could not have taken down something with huge, beefy legs.

Looks great, keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing the finished version.

Edited by Lord Of Pies

Looks nice.

One question: are the legs poseable? or does the AT-AT collapse under the weight of the belly?

KimT

Sorry for the delay.

The AT AT legs are poseable, but it is not recommended to force them, as the AT AT is heavy, but in the test carried out at home, it could stand balanced with one rear leg up.

Unfortunately the head is heavy and the weight makes the AT AT fall if one of the front legs are up. That is physics and the only way to have the AT AT fully balanced would be adding weight in the middle of the "body".

Just to complete, the AT AT has an easy-assembly modular building. One module is the head and the attach on the main body. 4 legs. The upper hull -the "back" and "sides". The main hull in which the legs are attached, with the "neck". The same head is also modular. The "roof" and the sides. So it allows a quick disassembly.

I will try to put some pics to show it.

The legs have been strengthened.

Greetings from Spain.

Some pics of the AT AT

I have realized that the weight is increasing, so I don´t bet it can stand with three legs. Anyway I hope it will work well.

It must be finished, nevertheless. The nails must be changed, the roof must be attached, some items must be attached also, and I have strengthened the legs.

I hope you like this previous version.

atat9jul1sf0.jpg

atat9jul2yt7.jpg

atat9jul3ka3.jpg

atat9jul4vj9.jpg

Edited by sigpro

New pics, inside the cockpit.

cabezaint1zn3.jpg

cabezaint2kr4.jpg

I shall post more. The cargo area has been re-re-rechanged. 48 passengers can be carried -42 stormtroopers, 5 scout troopers and 1 deck officer-, plus 3 in the cockpit. 5 ready scout bikes for quick patrols.

Even General Veers would feel proud.

Greetings.

Edited by sigpro

Wow! It's huge! :oh: ...and it goes 63 KM/H too! :tongue:

Any reason why you didn't make the side armour overhang at the front? I think the hump is too small too. But it's stunning, I look forward to seeing more interior.

What do you mean with the side armour?

And the hump..maybe it is note very big, but I tried to make it as accurate as possible.

Thanks.

What do you mean with the side armour?

And the hump..maybe it is note very big, but I tried to make it as accurate as possible.

Thanks.

Well, first off, remember that this is just an opinion and feel free to ignore my advice but...

post-1554-1216794280.jpg

A: Side armour Notice the over hang where the side armour is longer than needed?

B: The hump To me it's a more obvious feature than your model reflects.

To me these are two important features that the old model got right...

4483-0000-XX-12-1.jpg

...but the new one got wrong. :cry_sad:

10178-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Ok, I noticed it now!

Well, there is no reason about the side armour. Wedge plates have only 3, 4 or 6 studs in length, and don´t have the same angle. So if I wanted to make it longer...the slope of the side armour would not be constant and I consider it would not be very fine. It is another opinion, of course.

About the hump...my AT AT has one, and I think it is enough. I don´t want a camel!!

Thanks.