Holodoc

A new post office

Pure love my friend :wub:!

I would go to that post office at least twice a day if I were a minifig (probably to get all my BL-orders :wink:)!

I love both the overall look and the amount of detail you´ve put into it :thumbup:! The colors works fine, and I knew you would need to use your lionheads soon!

And congrats to the showing in the LEGO Shop in Oberhausen :sweet:! You´re are getting famous!

Going postal On Off

copmike

Thats a great addition to your street, Holodoc!

I like the way you've used the pllars at first floor level to set the windows back and the lion heads work really well too.

You've done a great job of the inside.. you notice different bits of detail each time you look at it - I really like the way the toilet paper is thrown down beside the toilet!!

You've coped well with getting the roofline down far enough to let some light in to the apartment on top of market street, I haven't got market street but I imagine the apartment can cause problems with neighbouring roofs.

Just out of interest, did you have any problems with fitting the big window pieces in place? I've found that the moulding on some of them to be bad and they wouldn't sit correctly.

Just out of interest, did you have any problems with fitting the big window pieces in place? I've found that the moulding on some of them to be bad and they wouldn't sit correctly.

I've got the same problem too, in particular with the new window frames (1x4x6), which don't sit correctly at all! They really look cheap!

When I was posting pic0040.jpg, that's the first pic you see in this topic, I noticed I had placed two analog clocks.

One right above the front door and the other one on the wall of the first floor. This was the only photo where you can see both at once.

The problem was: Both clocks didn´t show the same time! :blush:

So I photoshopped one of them. If you find out which clock I changed, you will win - err, nothing.

What a very big mistake! booo!

And the photoshope clock is the firts thing that I see in your pic! I just notice this until to knwo if I was the only one to have notice this! :tongue:

More seriously, your post office looks really great between CC and MS! (I hope you to find the GG at the event, it's really a nice looking set too!).

I like the architectur of the entrance of the post office. It looks more impresive than the firts floor, giving a more important stature to the buidling when you want to enter in it.

I really like how you have made the back of the building too. The architecture is not here for the beauty of the building, but for the good way of the "post office function". I mean, the public will not go back, so the details in the building are not as expected as the front, like in the real bildings like this. Good point!

The fact that the post van can enter in the garage is a very nice touch too! I don't knox why TLC doesn't give us some more interactive sets like that!

The only one thing that I don't like that much is the yellow/tan combination in a same building. I think that I will put some tan pieces above the dark gray strip in each side of the building, keeping the central section yellow to the roof. But it's just me...

And all the details everywhere inside! Great!

So you've made a great moc here!

Thanks for the inspiration, I wanted to build a post office but couldn't think of a good starting point. *dashes upstairs and demolishes town house*

Wow Holodoc!! Your post office is really amazing. I like all the nice details :wub: the counter for example is really great with the scale and the pc´s. I often have some favourite parts at a MOC, but at your MOC i like everything.

Congratulations for showing it at the "Window into the Community" :thumbup:

Greetings

Sandra

Awesome job Holodoc! What an excellent structure. Let me get the negative out of the way so I can gush about it. :blush: The only problem I have with it is the mix of yellow and tan...

If you say "Mmmmh, yellow and tan?", let me tell you that the whole building used to be tan before it was used as a post office.

For identification purposes it was painted yellow at the basement later on. :tongue:

yes but...
If you say "Mmmmh, yellow and tan?", let me tell you that the whole building used to be tan before it was used as a post office.

For identification purposes it was painted yellow at the basement later on. :tongue:

but, couldn't you...

All right, all right! It's fine. :tongue:

Two things stick out as strong details to me, the arches above the first floor windows and the lions. That lion piece is cool but problematic because it comes out so far, but you've solved the lion-head conundrum rather well and I like the way you incorporated it. The arches/mudguards above the first floor windows are really well used to. I like how you have the flag coming out just below the arch-smart! Everything else on the exterior is expertly built-highly detailed, even down to the cool messenger carts. I like the garage in back and the fully detailed alley.

The interior is amazing. I can't believe how much you got in there. That's something I need to learn how to do, maximize the interior space. Even my big Modular MOCs look cramped inside...I really love the surveillance camera in the loading dock and I love the way the garage door works...simple yet effective.

Excellent work and I'm glad to see you'll be displaying it. How does that usually go for you. I see you've displayed a lot. I'm bringing my first display to BrickWorld and my biggest fear is that someone will run off with my rare Fabuland pieces. I may lock the whole display in a plastic case...

I've got the same problem too, in particular with the new window frames (1x4x6), which don't sit correctly at all! They really look cheap!

Err, no. I just tractor-beamed them into position. No big deal. :laugh:

:wink:

No no, the windows just snapped in and there they were. I didn´t have any problems with them. Honest.

The only problem I have with it is the mix of yellow and tan...

yes but...

but, couldn't you...

All right, all right! It's fine. :tongue:

LOL! The best reply so far! :wub:

I'm bringing my first display to BrickWorld and my biggest fear is that someone will run off with my rare Fabuland pieces. I may lock the whole display in a plastic case...

Don´t worry. My MOC will be placed behind a plastic window!

It looks like this.

Actually this is no big thing. I just thought if someone was near that place and would want to see it...

And thanks again everybody for all your nice comments and replies!

Err, no. I just tractor-beamed them into position. No big deal.

That would mean your shields were down... is this a wise way to construct Lego :tongue:

Seriously, though. Good luck to you and Hinckley with your displays...It's a big step up from building in your living room and must be quite unsettling the first few times.

:oh: :oh: Wow this really blew me out of the water.

Very excellent job on this! I couldn't be more impressed!

I'm a little bit in love with the new cargo line and I have 5 of those mail vans and had been thinking about building a post office for them, well you have just given me the inspiration to do it modular style, thanks!

This is really just wow! I'm not finding the words to express my amazement right now but I have the same feeling about this that I had when I first saw The Green Grocer, maybe a little more so.

Just totally awesome.

Wow :oh:

That

is

AMAZING :wub:

The sheer awesomeness of your post office is making me build my own. But I must say, that is incredible :cry_happy: !

Your post office is so beautiful ! :thumbup:

:sweet:

Edited by Gouns

Thanks again for your kind comments.

Thanks for the inspiration, I wanted to build a post office but couldn't think of a good starting point.
... and had been thinking about building a post office for them, well you have just given me the inspiration to do it modular style, thanks!
The sheer awesomeness of your post office is making me build my own.

I believe this is the beginning of a post-office contest. :grin:

I should have replied to this topic much earlier: busy, busy...

Just like your post office really, it swarms with activity and there are all those little details to take into account. Well done!

The only thing I find a bit strange is the location of the post-sorting chamber: on the second floor. That means all those poor minifigs have to haul all bags full of letters up the stairs, sort them and then go back again via the same stairs... :wink:

I took the liberty to copy your simply but brilliant idea of the bags on the back of the bicycle, someone is pedalling through my (new) town as we speak with these bags.

:classic:

There are so many talented builders around here, i am constantly blown away buy amazing work like this.

That is absolutely stunning! I love the tan and yellow together, and the use of the mudguards is genius. All in all, it's a wonderful MOC and it fits perfectly with the Cafe Corner style buildings. Keep it up! :laugh:

:thumbup::thumbup:

Amazing Moc. :thumbup:

Actually, the color scheme seems fine to me - it's no worse than Cafe corner. :tongue: And the rest of it is just wondeful, The interior design is fantastic, and I love all the little touches like the sorting room upstairs, the the desk, and other great stuff. :sweet:

Man, I knew TLC had a hit on their hands when they launched the Modular building series - it's been so cool seeing all the AFOL's coming out with buildings of their own to compliment Lego's wonderful line. :classic:

Very, very cooool MOC Holodoc!! Definitly worth two :thumbup: !! I love the detail you added. AWESOME.

Model On!!

Very nice building. I like the detailed interior.

The exterior is also very nice. The Yellow-Tan color mix look a bit strange, but then again, there are many real-life building with worse color combos...

It´s on display right now!

pict0004.jpg

pict0001.jpg

pict0002.jpg

Lego store in Centro, Oberhausen.

Whaou! There are a lot of sets! And nice sets : MS, CC, GG, town plan, factory sets... I've never seen all those sets in shops! But it's normal to see them here if it's a LEGO shop! :sweet:

And there is this display box with your nice MOC! I think that it's a real satisfaction to see your moc here! You must be proud!

And there is your fig on the balcony of your MS! :tongue:

The fact that your post office is shown opnened is a very good idea. And the way it's made doesn't "break" the design of your moc. When you look at it from a certain distance, we don't have the impression that it's opened. It's the way it appears on the pics... I can't see it by my onw eyes... :look:

What an awesome building, Holodoc! All the detail you've packed in here is incredible, from the interior to the architecture! Great MOC! :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Peace

I just saw this for the first time today. Excellent Job! Is it really going to make the trip to Brickworld? If so, I can't wait to see it in person.

As for the color scheme, I actually like it. It reminds me of Chicago where we have alot of Greystones (Limestone facade brick masonry structures) where the facade is/was all grey limestone, but the first floor has been converted or remodeled (or just painted) in a different style or scheme than the rest of the building. Very Urban!