Shadows

Fabuland Builders Guild - Discussion Thread

I just don't think it had a strong enough fan-base for Lego to re-open the theme. Then again, I could be wrong.

I don't think we'll see Fabuland again (sadly - I never had any), but you I would say you are wrong. Maybe there are or aren't many fans, but they contribute to the fandom of it all! :sweet:

Did that make sense?

:skull:

Index updated, finally! :thumbup:

Some great new additions this time, be sure to take a look, folks!

I don't think we'll see Fabuland again (sadly - I never had any), but you I would say you are wrong. Maybe there are or aren't many fans, but they contribute to the fandom of it all! :sweet:

Did that make sense?

No. :wacko:

Hi,

I just recieved my first Fabuland fig, and I am ready to MOC a fire engine for it. Do you guys have any tips?

I also just got a crocidile and bear Fabuland figs. I want to make them a part of my island (Coming soon...), and I wanted to make them each a house. Do you have any tips...Hinckley....or anybody else that builds with Fabuland stuff...Sinner....maybe someone else...CopMike..... :tongue:

Lego12

Ok, someone's gotta have an answer to my question:

I have this figure: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=fab2c

I need to get the hat off to have this figure: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=fab2d

Bricklink says that the second figure here is the same as the first one there, so if possible, how do I remove the hat? I'm skeptical if it even comes off, after struggling with it, but perhaps someone knows if it's even supposed to come off in the first place, and if so, how to do it.

Thanks fellow FBG members (or anyone else who knows)! :classic:

They've been using them regularly in buckets for a while, so it isn't too surprising. I have some trans blue ones that I've never found a good use for.

Trans-Blue flowers like that make good "spray" for fountains... I used them in lots of non-Fabuland MOCs (I had a bunch of flowers and stalks from 90s creator buckets and pick-a-bricks)

Also here is my first ever Fabuland MOC. (until this day the two figures I had sat in my scary Lego parts box, with the odd racer bodies and the strange monstery things that also came with racers... Please don't be angry :cry_sad:)

Edited by Peppermint_M

Pick a Brick has two Fabuland flowers available. Has anyone noticed this before? It's the first time I've seen it...

I got a bunch of them in yellow and trans pink. So, I guess it's just a common piece now... :look:

I got a bunch of them in yellow and trans pink. So, I guess it's just a common piece now... :look:

Yes, but was it in August, when I originally posted that? Happy Cinco de Mayo! :tongue:

A return of Fabuland, eh? Nope! They've removed the Fabuland logo from the bottom of the cauldron part - there's even a messy lump where it used to be... :sceptic:

Once I've finished my next 3 projects, I've got some Fabuland in line :devil: I've already got the idea, and some of the parts built, but my collection is too limited to allow me more than 1.25 MOCs at a time :cry_sad:

I'm assuming you did get it off, judging by your Thug Dog?

I have added a second Fabuland in Space MOC to my original thread, this one uses the mouse figure.

I like how you're blending the themes - and the decals/stickers look great! I can only say that the crafts themselves look rather small and underdeveloped in comparison to Fabuland scale. They could also do with a little "smoothing off", to retain the aesthetic. But blending classic space and Fabuland is one hell of a job! :classic:

I'm sure Impy will add them to the index some time soon... or else :tongue:

Yes, but was it in August, when I originally posted that? Happy Cinco de Mayo! :tongue:

Shhh, I'm putting in input. What, you don't want it anymore? :cry_sad:

Happy Valentines Day turkey man. :tongue:

A return of Fabuland, eh? Nope! They've removed the Fabuland logo from the bottom of the cauldron part - there's even a messy lump where it used to be... :sceptic:

Well I contacted LEGO about the removal of the word FABULAND from the bottom of the cauldron and this is what they told me:

"As an avid LEGO builder who has taken the time to contact us, you have confirmed the fact that we, as a Company, are succeeding in providing a high-quality product that you value and enjoy. FABULAND? products were discontinued almost 20 years ago and as inventory is depleted for certain elements the molds may be updated to reflect the current products being offered. This may account for removal of the word FABULAND from the element you mentioned although I was unable to locate any confirming documentation of this process."

So I guess we are left with no real answer why LEGO did such a sloppy job of trying to remove the FABULAND from the cauldron.

:sweet:

Gaah! The distorted music is really creepy, and so is the kid... but the Fabuland sets in the model aren't, that's the cool part.

I shall start posting some Fabuland MOCs within the next month, but as I have no Fabuland sets or figures, they shall have a nice little twist... :wink:

:skull:

Hi Folks! I would like to show you a preview of a Fabuland website directory that we have been working on. It can be found at

fabfabuland.com

It is still in beta mode and we are still waiting on a few "ok to use pics" from a few people (WhiteFang please let us use your walrus/ minifig pic ha ha!) But we would love your input before the big debut!

Thanks so much!

FabFabuland

Is Bricklink my best bet for Fabuland minifigs? Or is there another site?

Yes, its probably your best bet if you are looking for specific figs. You will have to email the sellers individually to find out the overall quality of each fig (as some tend to have their paint rub off) With that said, if you are looking for mixed lots check out eBay especially the international sellers. You will often get a better price (20.00 for like 12 figs)

Hope this helps!

fabfabuland.com

I have this figure: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=fab2c

I need to get the hat off to have this figure: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=fab2d

Bricklink says that the second figure here is the same as the first one there, so if possible, how do I remove the hat? I'm skeptical if it even comes off, after struggling with it, but perhaps someone knows if it's even supposed to come off in the first place, and if so, how to do it.

Thanks fellow FBG members (or anyone else who knows)! :classic:

Well maybe it doesn't come off. Some of them were glued on. If its a later version of the white bulldog it could be unremovable. Mine does tho. For sure.

fabfabuland.com

post-6681-1247796980.jpg

fabfabuland.com

It's better to put the link as a "live" one. :wink:

fabfabuland, welcome to Eurobricks! It's nice to browse around this website of yours. It's quite a nice Fabulastic touch, with some interesting information and coverage. Looking forward to the completion of this website directory. :thumbup:

It is still in beta mode and we are still waiting on a few "ok to use pics" from a few people (WhiteFang please let us use your walrus/ minifig pic ha ha!) But we would love your input before the big debut!

Oh I just noticed my image is in there. Feel free to use it, to advocate the love of Fabuland. :wub:

but do let me know about it via pm if you need others. :classic:

Is Bricklink my best bet for Fabuland minifigs? Or is there another site?

Pretty much it. You can post in the buy/sell/trade/finds forum asking for people offering any, but it's rare.

I have seen some great deals on ebay.co.uk I typed Lego Animal into the search bar and there were lots of about five or six that cost about £5 buy-it-now and not too high postage. If I hadn't been a bit broke I would have snapped them up!

The pictures of the figures on ebay give you a decent idea of how they look/condition (my one issue with Bricklink is the nice shiney image of the part, but it saves on bandwidth, so *shrug*).

Having hit a roadblock with my Agents MOCing (no dark blue :sceptic: ) I think I will try some more fabulandy Fabuland MOCs...

What's the big deal about Fabuland? I don't understand of accept it (see sig).

OK

However, I completely hate Fabuland as the minifigs were lame, and it had no story.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. I'm not a big Bionicle fan, but I think it's OK for parts sometimes. But...

1. Lame minifigs People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

51639.1136111289.jpg51638.1136111287.jpg51636.1136111283.jpg

Now that is lame. :sick:

2. Story Bionicle has as much story as Days of our Lives. Any story that is made up as it goes along has zero appeal to me.

Glacarcheo, lots of lego series barely have story city, space police, etc, etc. I guess you could say the main point of Fabuland was to create a community theme, fabuland also has more possibilities. At the time it was more directed and younger children with growing minds.

Glacarcheo, lots of lego series barely have story city, space police, etc, etc. I guess you could say the main point of Fabuland was to create a community theme, fabuland also has more possibilities.

Plus Fabuland did have stories and background information in every instruction booklet.

OK

Well you're entitled to your opinion. I'm not a big Bionicle fan, but I think it's OK for parts sometimes. But...

1. Lame minifigs People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

51639.1136111289.jpg51638.1136111287.jpg51636.1136111283.jpg

Now that is lame. :sick:

2. Story Bionicle has as much story as Days of our Lives. Any story that is made up as it goes along has zero appeal to me.

Yeah, umm, you're definately right about the minifigs (though I've never bought one) and they do make up the story as they go (it does appeal to me)... So yeah, I'm gonna go edit my sig.