Shadows

Fabuland Builders Guild - Discussion Thread

*Looks around* I have no Fabuland figures AT ALL :cry_sad: , nor do I have the funds....

Well hopefully I can grab a couple and do something...*special*... with them :classic: . I certainly would like to see these guys in real life.

I think this is a great idea and I hope it grows to unlimited heights!

Fabuland, is a great wonderful childhood theme. Too bad, I only have 2 Fabuland sets. Guess, I will have some limitations to come out with something innovative too. Nevertheless, the first step I need to do is to go into my storeroom over the weekend and take out my Fabuland sets. The sets are still in a great shape, I think :blush:

i have just built something (but am away for a few days, so no pics yet), and hope to share it soon. it is not that great but i like it. all i have fabuland is one fig, but i just built around it!

happy fabuland building!

Go ask Alice. :tongue:

How did I even get brought into this? :blush: But seriously, a nice recommendation as far as books are concerned. A dark choice which I didn't expect from you. That isn't even what this thread is about! :devil:

builders_guild_banner.gif

You and Alice have fun with that. :blush: Apologies to Alice as it's probably getting too crass...

Yes, I'm a dainty sweet girl. At least someone realizes it. :tongue:

You know, she qualifies as a Saint for good reason. :devil:

True.

Also, my next Fabuland MOC will have more Clickit icons than actual Fabuland elements. :laugh:

Back on topic now! SirNadroj, I can't wait to see it. I mean it's overload for me.. Clickit and Fabuland.. *becomes faint*.

I admire all of the fabuland creations and I think the Guild is a very cool thing to incorporate. Special attention needs to be given to Fabuland and those who love it. Maybe a support group would have been a better idea (just kidding of course). :laugh:

I have been looking at some Fabuland figures and sets but I think I'm actually going to hold off on it until after I finish the paradisa mission that I am currently on. It might be interesting to have some Fabuland figures hang out at my paradisa pool party though.. :wink:

... a nice recommendation as far as books are concerned. A dark choice which I didn't expect from you. That isn't even what this thread is about! :devil:

Clearly, you don't know about 'The Fabuland Edge.' Remind me to explain it. In detail. :devil:

Yes, I'm a dainty sweet girl. At least someone realizes it. :tongue:

You know, Hinck doesn't have a lot of experience with girls... :wink:

I admire all of the fabuland creations and I think the Guild is a very cool thing to incorporate. Special attention needs to be given to Fabuland and those who love it. Maybe a support group would have been a better idea (just kidding of course). :laugh:

We appreciate your support, group or not. :wink:

Welcome to the Revolution: The Fabuland Revolutionâ„¢

Great job with the thumbnails, imperialshadows :thumbup:

I just added a new FBG thread, this one. It's in the Minifig Customization Workshop, so I don't know if it will be added to this index or it should fit the Customization Index, but you may want to give it a try :wink: .

LuxorV

Great job with the thumbnails, imperialshadows :thumbup:

I just added a new FBG thread, this one. It's in the Minifig Customization Workshop, so I don't know if it will be added to this index or it should fit the Customization Index, but you may want to give it a try :wink: .

LuxorV

Excellent! I was considering the possibility of some Fabuland decals and you went and did it first. :blush::thumbup:

Actually, what I want to try is recreating some of the original part stickers, since most of them would be damaged by now.

What you've done is a creative alternative that would allow Fabuland characters to assume a wide range of jobs, with the right decal. These will be indexed and added, in some form, after a few more build up.

Fabuland Decals On! *y*

Fabuland Decals On! *y*

Yes, Luxor V, that is so awesome that you did that. Fabuland decals are on their way from me!

I also realized I can make decals for the figs I have whose eyes have faded! :sweet: And if I'm making face decals for Fabuland figs, I might even be able to change their expressions! :sweet:

A madman has been re-re-born!

Fabuland Decals On!! :sweet:

I also realized I can make decals for the figs I have whose eyes have faded! :sweet: And if I'm making face decals for Fabuland figs, I might even be able to change their expressions! :sweet:

Oh, that's just delightfully evil... I finally have the excuse I've needed to buy random lots of Fabuland figures that may not be in perfect condition... Fabuland customs! This is madness... we're doomed.

And, loving it! :thumbup:

As oo7 pointed out, there was a grammar error in the logo. So now we are the Fabuland Builders' Guild as opposed to the Fabuland Builder's Guild, which I suppose was an oxymoron...one builder does not a guild make.

Thanks oo7!

As oo7 pointed out, there was a grammar error in the logo. So now we are the Fabuland Builders' Guild as opposed to the Fabuland Builder's Guild, which I suppose was an oxymoron...one builder does not a guild make.

Thanks oo7!

Actually, I think of us as something akin to a box of doughnuts.

Ok, fine, I'll explain, and no, you can not be the one with sprinkles.

I've been calling it the Fabuland Builders Guild (and guess what I plan to continue?). We are a Guild, composed of people who build Fabuland, and the people they love. The members do not own the guild, it's just the place where we meet. No apostrophe needed, in my little world. Honestly, I'm getting a headache thinking about it now. :hmpf_bad:

What does this have to do with doughnuts? Nothing. :blush:

Yes, Luxor V, that is so awesome that you did that. Fabuland decals are on their way from me!

A madman has been re-re-born!

Fabuland Decals On!! :sweet:

Oh, that's just delightfully evil... I finally have the excuse I've needed to buy random lots of Fabuland figures that may not be in perfect condition... Fabuland customs! This is madness... we're doomed.

And, loving it! :thumbup:

WHAT HAVE I DONE !?!?

Sorry, poor old world, I didn't want to unleash this :oh::wacko::grin:

Have fun, guys :wink:

LuxorV

In regards to the Fabuland Builder's Guild, may I ask a favour of you, Hinckley? :blush:

You did a tremendous job on the FBG tags and logo, but I need a logo for the icon for the FBG Flickr Group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/711902@N20/

Could you possibly make a small, square logo that reads "FBG" in the Fabuland font, or close to it? If you can't, that's fine. Thank you. :blush:

Does anyone else have any ideas for a Flickr Group Icon for the FBG? (Those of you contributing Fabuland MOCs, please join our group and add em' to the photostream! http://www.flickr.com/groups/711902@N20/)

Thank you! :sweet:

How about this face? : |

:laugh:

How about a seal with the Fabuland Hammer and a brick?

How about this face? : |

:laugh:

How about a seal with the Fabuland Hammer and a brick?

That sounds good. :thumbup:

That sounds good. :thumbup:

I'll work on something today then. :thumbup:

Since you indicated that there was the potential to change things, I filed it under Works in Progress, which appears further down the list. Is it certified complete now?

Edited to add:

Oh, heck with it. :grin:

New rule!

If I'm uncertain that you're absolutely done with your MOC, I'll index but not thumbnail it. So if you mention wanting to try something different, or still needing to do something, don't be surprised if you aren't thumbnailed for a bit. Fair?

That said, I just went ahead and moved all the works in progress to completed and thumbnailed them, so if you make a major change, please notify me.

Since you indicated that there was the potential to change things, I filed it under Works in Progress, which appears further down the list. Is it certified complete now?

So I should read things? :blush: Sorry about that. I'll let you know when it's finished. Thanks for your work on the index. It's really thorough (which I realize by actually reading it! :sweet:)

So I should read things? :blush: Sorry about that. I'll let you know when it's finished. Thanks for your work on the index. It's really thorough (which I realize by actually reading it! :sweet:)

Oh no, go back a post, I've just simplified things for all of us.

AND! Since someone was kind enough to fix the 4th tag situation, shouldn't you have a customizer tag? You've certainly earned it, and now there is room.

Oh no, go back a post, I've just simplified things for all of us.

AND! Since someone was kind enough to fix the 4th tag situation, shouldn't you have a customizer tag? You've certainly earned it, and now there is room.

I agree. Hinckley, you are one of the best customizers here, and you should have the badge :classic: .

On topic: I think the new rule can be very useful :thumbup: , even if I usually post the finished MOC, and eventually make an improved/modified Version 2 later.

LuxorV

Will like to check if Fabuland reviews are welcome? Because I hope to do a review on one of my Fabuland sets over the weekend if my time permits for me to take out from the storeroom. :classic:

It's really great to see how the Fabuland creations keeps on coming and coming. Fabulastic! :blush:

Edited by WhiteFang

Will like to check if Fabuland reviews are welcome? Because I hope to do a review on one of my Fabuland sets over the weekend if my time permits for me to take out from the storeroom. :classic:

Absolutely! That is a great idea that we haven't seen so far, good thinking!

As with all Fabuland efforts, any pictoral set reviews will be indexed as well.

Fabuland Reviews On! :thumbup:

Absolutely! That is a great idea that we haven't seen so far, good thinking!

As with all Fabuland efforts, any pictoral set reviews will be indexed as well.

Fabuland Reviews On! :thumbup:

Actually, somebody did propose it at the origins, in the Fabuland Revolution Thread...

I subscirbe to this.

I was just thinking we'd need, at least, a Fabuland MOCs Index; and maybe (just maybe) some reviews of Fabuland sets could be interesting :classic: .

LuxorV

:grin:

Unfortunately, I don't have time for reviewing my sets now :hmpf_bad: , so I'll see if there will still be space for them later. For now, everyone who can make a Fabuland set review is welcome, imo :wink:

I'll be waiting to see your reviws, WhiteFang :thumbup:

LuxorV