Shadows

Fabuland Builders Guild - Discussion Thread

...and the links are still messed up at the bottom of the index!

(also, could you add this one? Thanks :classic:)

Fixed and added!

And by fixed, I mean I fixed them three times and they were still messed up, so I rearranged them and noticed that no matter what I did, the last three links on the page are messed up. How did I brilliantly fix this? I added three dummy links at the end. :laugh:

I have no idea what is causing that... :sceptic:

I have no idea. Since it's long gone from the official color palette, I can't check my sources. Hmmmm...how to find out... :look:

Maybe TLG MaterialID 108 Earth Yellow, or 128 DarkNougat?

I've been looking at this list, among other. Does that help you in any way?

Hi everyone!

I have not posted here for some time, however, I would like to draw your attention to my brickshelf folders. Last week I decided to dig out some of my old Fabuland sets and do some reviews! These are just some of the sets from my vast LEGO collection and I am hoping to get some more out this week to photograph.I really want to share my love for Fabuland so if there is something in particular that anyone wants to see please let me know!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=durge74

Edited by durge74

I just received five Fabuland figs (at €1 each, I couldn't resist) with very decent face prints, but of which 4 have loose legs and heads. Now Hinckley has given a tip for tightening loose arms and legs, but is there a way to do something about the loose heads?

Dont know if this is the spot to post this, but i;m wondering if there's anyone who can tell me if there's a SAVE way to restore wobbly fabuland fig necks.

I've got 3 figs from 1979, with necks that are a not that tight as they should, compared to my 1986 fig, they are fine for display....but i would love to do some stop motion animation with it.

Dont know if this is the spot to post this, but i;m wondering if there's anyone who can tell me if there's a SAVE way to restore wobbly fabuland fig necks.

I've got 3 figs from 1979, with necks that are a not that tight as they should, compared to my 1986 fig, they are fine for display....but i would love to do some stop motion animation with it.

I moved your topic into the Fabuland Figures Q&A thread, and I'll move this post into there too shortly. I'm not sure there's an answer to your specific question there, but there is a link to a tutorial on making legs less wobbly which I guess could be extrapolated to heads. I think it's in this thread somewhere.

Yes, I think this will be a much fairer process of building up this guild. Fully agreed that this will be a much efficient method :classic:

It will be fair to everyone, not just trying to get to have a tag for the sake of having one because it looks nice. But, the builder must have the love for Fabuland building :blush:

Does this also work for the necks of fabuland figs?

I've got 3 from 1979 with a wobbly neck.

And now for a Fabuland Building tip

*snip by Rufus*

Edited by Rufus

I just received five Fabuland figs (at €1 each, I couldn't resist) with very decent face prints, but of which 4 have loose legs and heads. Now Hinckley has given a tip for tightening loose arms and legs, but is there a way to do something about the loose heads?

Since I posted the same question here over a year ago, I have found a quite simple solution. I put bits of clear tape in the sockets. You have to experiment a bit with how much gives enough friction, but it works. The same can be done for loose legs. Just stick tiny bits of clear tape to the side(s) of the legs.

Since I posted the same question here over a year ago, I have found a quite simple solution. I put bits of clear tape in the sockets. You have to experiment a bit with how much gives enough friction, but it works. The same can be done for loose legs. Just stick tiny bits of clear tape to the side(s) of the legs.

Thanx for your post.

I have used nailpolish topcoat to tighten up the necks/heads of my fabualnd figs, works great.

I'll keep using clear tape in mind, thanx

I have found a easy way to tighten up wobbly necks/heads of fabuland figs by using clear nailpolish topcoat.

When the heads of your figs are wobbly, the removal of the heads is just a bit more easy, still you have to pull a bitt hard (do it carefully)

Put the nailpolish topcoat on the round joint of the neck (nailpolish topcoat comes with a little brush in its cap)let it dry for like 30 minuten, than put the head back on the fig body.

Move the head around a bitt so the nailpolish topcoat that was on there too much comes lose, you can remove the lose tryed bits of topcoat with a needle or some sort of little pointy tool VERY carefully.

Now you fabuland fig can move there heads again!

post-29869-13437119543892.jpg

I have found a easy way to tighten up wobbly necks/heads of fabuland figs by using clear nailpolish topcoat.

I'll merge this into FABULAND Builders Guild General Discussion where the other tips are. :wink:

I used nailpolish topcoat to fix the heads, just pull out the heads carefully then put the topcoat on the balljoint of the heads.

Let it dry for a while, than click the heads back into the torso's...and...they are tight again!

Hope this is the right place to post. I'm wanting to get some 'playground' items for my 3 year old daughter who has a collection of Duplo. Can anyone tell me if the Duplo figures would be too big for, say, a Fabuland slide or swing? I believe the Fabuland characters are smaller than Duplo figures?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you :-)

Hope this is the right place to post. I'm wanting to get some 'playground' items for my 3 year old daughter who has a collection of Duplo. Can anyone tell me if the Duplo figures would be too big for, say, a Fabuland slide or swing? I believe the Fabuland characters are smaller than Duplo figures?

Fabuland figures are smaller than Duplo figures. The slide wouldn't really be large enough for a Duplo figure. Sorry for the bad news :sad:

The (outer) width of a Fabuland slide seems to be about 4 studs (the same length as the long side of a 2 x 4 LEGO brick). Duplo figures are 4 studs wide (which equals 2 Duplo studs), so I'm afraid they're not going to fit on a Fabuland slide.

When the heads of your figs are wobbly, the removal of the heads is just a bit more easy, still you have to pull a bitt hard (do it carefully)

Put the nailpolish topcoat on the round joint of the neck (nailpolish topcoat comes with a little brush in its cap)let it dry for like 30 minuten, than put the head back on the fig body.

Move the head around a bitt so the nailpolish topcoat that was on there too much comes lose, you can remove the lose tryed bits of topcoat with a needle or some sort of little pointy tool VERY carefully.

Now you fabuland fig can move there heads again!

Just noticed this little discussion. The same method for tightening the legs works for the arms and heads. It's the same principle You're creating a greater surface area by adding either the nail polish or clear coat. The solution is temporary but repeatable. Eventually the coating you add will wear down. Just re-apply your substance of choice.

Hi, I hope this is the most appropriate forum/thread.

I made a short Fabuland animation based on motives of Brothers Grimms' 'A Riddling Tale', where I also tried to re-create (available parts permitting) and include the original Steampunkish tractor design by SirNadroj posted in this forum.

Screenshots of the scenes with the adapted tractor:

1_Transformation_0001.jpg

4_andBonniedidso_0058.jpg

The whole video can be seen here:

I hope this animation can be considered as my application for a membership in Fabuland Builders Guild?

Thank you.

Fabuland figures are smaller than Duplo figures. The slide wouldn't really be large enough for a Duplo figure. Sorry for the bad news :sad:

The (outer) width of a Fabuland slide seems to be about 4 studs (the same length as the long side of a 2 x 4 LEGO brick). Duplo figures are 4 studs wide (which equals 2 Duplo studs), so I'm afraid they're not going to fit on a Fabuland slide.

That confirmed my suspicions, thank you :classic:

I love Fabuland :wub:

Which sets do you all have? I have sets 3625, 3631, 3633, 3644, 3645, 3646, 3659, 3660, 3664, 3668, 3671, 3673, 3709, 3719, 3792, 3792. Probably I forgot some. I will make a picture of my collection :grin:

It's been a while since anyone has posted here. Would like to get the Fabuland discussion revived again. What's everyone been up to? I gave my niece and nephew some of my old Fabuland to play with and they love it. Happy to pass on the Fabuland love.

I have all my childhood Fabuland made up in a corner of my Lego cave and every now and again I think about buying another set, just for fun... But part of me thinks it might ruin the specialness,that I feel towards my current sets, I don't have too many:

3622 Rowboat

3623 Beauty Salon

3645 Classroom

3646 kitchen

3659 Playground

3662 Bus

3674 Bonnie Bunny's New House

3797 Fire Chief Barty Bulldog

3798 Hanna's Garden

I only have one set of instructions left and on the back has all the other sets available at the time and I can remember pouring over the picture when I was little...

So my question is, if I were to allow myself another set or minifigure... Which one or who should I go for... I am tempted by the crow, police dog or maybe a pig or bear... Since I am missing these... Any suggestions?

Get the animals you like best?

I was handed over a nice little bag of Fabuland doors and windows a while back and I have collected some figures too. One of my many sketched plans is a little Fabuland village. However all my LEGO is in-accessible at the moment...

It is such a cute scale and aesthetic to build in that I always have a go at building something.

Get the animals you like best?

Hmmm that makes sense. I think I really like the crow best... okay now I will go look for him :-)

Could I get a price check on this figures and parts?

They have been sat in our attic for years unused , going to put on ebay tonight.

two of them are missing arms but apart from that good condition.

23 pieces all togther

fmtcug.jpg

Edited by Retromatt