JimBee

The Star Wars Comic Game-Season One

:classic: Hey, guys, I updated my character profile:

My character:

2436225144_236152483a_o.jpg

Meet Oky Wan Kenobi (again)! He lives on Coruscant and is an independent droid and starship designer. When he was young he was working for Baktoid Combat Automata to help them design the B1 battle droid that the Trade Federation requested. At that time, he had no idea that it would cause thousands of deaths throughout the galaxy. :sad: Now he feels guilty because he thinks that he was partly responsible for the Clone Wars and would do anything to support the Republic! :classic:

Oky Wan is a little force sensitive which makes him a great pilot, even though he doesn't have nearly as many midi-chlorians as his cousin Obi Wan. :sweet: He is quite jealous of his cousin since Obi Wan has become everything he always wanted to be: A jedi (a very respected one) who travels the galaxy leading troops into the battle against the seperatists. :sceptic:

His favorite color is green and his favorite sport is podracing, even though this sport is slowly dying these days. Ever since he heard about the young boy called Anakin Skywalker who was the first human to win the Boonta Eve Classic, his secret dream has been to become the next human podracing champion with a homemade pod. Also, after he heard that Skywalker has become a jedi and is now fighting alongside his cousin, Skywalker is now Oky Wan's idol. Although he is pretty proud to be related to someone who knows Skywalker that well, Oky Wan's jealousy of his cousin is now stronger than ever... :look:

Usually, Oky Wan is very friendly, though, and he always carries a tool kit with him. His excellent technical and mechanical skill enable him to make a completely functional starfighter out of the smallest pile of junk. :oh:

Also, Oky Wan has a big appetite! :grin:

There you have it! My sigfig as a character complete with strengths and weaknesses who is directly connected to the SW universe of the CW era in many ways! I hope you like it! :classic:

So, what do you think? :sweet:

Anyway, I hope that a couple more people join now before the deadline comes around! I would really like to see this game happening! :cry_happy:

CW & Comic game ON! :thumbup:

Nice updated character Oky Wan, and your poster is also good. Could you post the url for it, so that I could put it in my sig for advertising purposes :sweet: . I hope some more people join soon or we may have to cancel the Starwars Comic Game :cry_sad: .

Maybe i'll join....I'll see if I have enough time for it.

Maybe i'll join....I'll see if I have enough time for it.

YAY! :laugh: Another "maybe"! :grin: I just hope they all turn into "definitely"s or we can kiss this awesome game goodbye! :look:

So, come on, guys, join! It'll be fun! You'll be cool! Everybody's doing it! :grin:

Btw, JimButcher, You should really have a better ad/link for this game in your sig! You can use my poster that I provided the lnk for above! :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

When does it start? Is it a kind of Text based RPG?

This looks fun, but since I can't even work on my own comic because of school, I do not want to get too involved.

However, this is a great idea, Jim! I will be sure to keep track of the events here! :wink:

(300th post, baby!)

Edited by General Zen

Btw, JimButcher, You should really have a better ad/link for this game in your sig! You can use my poster that I provided the lnk for above! :wink:

im already on it! :wink: im making a picture that ill put in my sig and it will have all the charaters (members) who are in the game. so its you, me, mack, and Lt Col Thok.

im already on it! :wink: im making a picture that ill put in my sig and it will have all the charaters (members) who are in the game. so its you, me, mack, and Lt Col Thok.

Cool! Can't wait to see it! :sweet:

Okay, I would like to join this, but I have a rather large problem: my camera is a measly 5 MP and I never seem to be able to get good pics with it. So I can participate, but I don't think I'll be able to contribute pics unless I can get a better camera.

TK

TK, thats ok, just try to get a good pic every once and a while, and itll be ok. i suggest putting the camera on the ground for less shakiness. you can also put a timer on, so you can first click the take button, and then have time to position it. :wink:

I would be willing to join... but would like to carry on a bit of Jax into this as well...

Palin Jax and the Shadow 501st... Former Senior Clone Commander and design engineer that has gone renegade, now working from the Shadows... I am still hashing out the details for a full back story... And he would briefly fade in and out of the story line, like his MO suggests. Palin is a Dark Paladin, who believes in justice and truth, but will sometimes employ methods a bit on the darker side of nice.

If this will not work for you, let me know, but I really do feel a bit of disappointment that Vader and Xwing have stepped down, (not towards them though, as I consider them very good friends), and out of my very sincere and great respect for them, do not at this time wish to be very active here in the threads. But that being said, I still love the bricks, and you guys aren't so bad yourselves...

I'm in! Pics and story of my character will come later today

cool to palin jax and wouwie13! i feel very confident now that the game has 6 players. im especially grateful that you, palin, joined. it seems like you are going to be a great addition to the story and the atmosphere. :sweet: could you please show us a pic of the character you will be using? thanks.

wouwie13, i look foward to your pics and story! :wink:

Updated List of Players (6):

JimButcher

MacK

Oky Wan Kenobi

Lt Col Thok

Palin Jax

wouwie13

i have one question: oky wan, i know that you are a mechanic, but do you have any weapons? not that im saying you have to have them, but it makes the game interesting, and as you said, your character would do anything for the republic... maybe your character should be able to fight too, but do what want, as this is only a suggestion. :wink:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17275

In light of the current situation here, I must formally remove my participation from your wonderful endeavor. I would not be able to fully participate should I be removed. I take absolutely no joy in doing so, as I was looking forward to this thread, and may still, ban willing, make brief appearances should the need arise... I do, however, wholeheartedly endorse your idea if by any means that should have some merit here. If it causes anyone not to participate, I will remove it. But I think to all of you whom decide to remain, this will be a wonderful chance to show your MOC skliz. I started work today on the Sentinel Eclipse, which was to be Palin's personal transport craft... please note the name change! I may yet premiere her here as well, but no promises, as another sign of how well I think of this idea. Good luck Jim, sincerely... and thanks for the fish...(not to sincerely, but I can't resist a good line...hehe)

Edited by Palin Jax

I have one question: oky wan, i know that you are a mechanic, but do you have any weapons? not that im saying you have to have them, but it makes the game interesting, and as you said, your character would do anything for the republic... maybe your character should be able to fight too, but do what want, as this is only a suggestion. :wink:

Well, I have a small blaster (for self-defense) and a custom starfighter, but not much actually. You know, I designed my character as somebody who could be visited and hired by one of the others for some kind of mechanic or pilot job and thereby get involved in the overall story. ( :wink: Wink, wink :tongue: ) Throughout the story, I might aquire new, better weapons & gadgets - or even build them myself. We'll see...

That's too bad btw, Palin Jax, would have been great having you here! :cry_sad: I know it's quite a tragedy and all, but at some point we'll all have to deal with it. :sad: There are still a couple of days until this game begins, and I hope that you'll get over it in time to change you're mind! :classic: But do whatever you gotta do, man! :thumbup:

PS: I think, it would be good, JimButcher, if you would have the list of players in the first post and would always just update that! :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17275

In light of the current situation here, I must formally remove my participation from your wonderful endeavor. I would not be able to fully participate should I be removed. I take absolutely no joy in doing so, as I was looking forward to this thread, and may still, ban willing, make brief appearances should the need arise... I do, however, wholeheartedly endorse your idea if by any means that should have some merit here. If it causes anyone not to participate, I will remove it. But I think to all of you whom decide to remain, this will be a wonderful chance to show your MOC skliz. I started work today on the Sentinel Eclipse, which was to be Palin's personal transport craft... please note the name change! I may yet premiere her here as well, but no promises, as another sign of how well I think of this idea. Good luck Jim, sincerely... and thanks for the fish...(not to sincerely, but I can't resist a good line...hehe)

im very sorry to hear that, and i mean it. are you leaving EB too? that would be such a shame... :cry_sad:

i hope you decide to join, it would be a great honor. :blush:

thanks for clearing that up, oky wan... i wonder if JimButcher needs an assaistant... :wink::laugh:

Hopefully the pics and stuff will come today, I was a bit bussy yesterday. Oh and MacK, I just saw your character and it has the same head as me...Is it a problem..? EDIT: Don't worry, I already changed it :wink:

Edited by wouwie13

Well, I have good news and bad news... First the good! I completed construction on the Sentinel Eclipse today... It is a combination of 2 Rogue Shadows. so technically it would fall into the mods catagory... But being ever so unhappy with the limited parts, I added additional parts. It looks good, but I have a problem. I will not be able to post pictures until my lovely wife comes back, bringing her camera with her. She will be back on May 12, so I will strive to post pics as soon as I can that following Tuesday. Some FYI... Eclipse has 2 hyperdrives... Two missile launchers for a total of 4 rockets... Two storage compartments that can be used to carry cargo up to 12 studs in length or up to six additional troops... two weapons racks with two weapons each... A highly detailed intelligence gathering suite plus a command and control station for Major General Jax... Is equipped with a cloaking device... and still manages to have landing gear. I hope waiting for the pics will be worth it... But if I can find the back up digital camera, it may shorten the wait.

Edited by Palin Jax

was the bad news that you cant take pics yet? may 12... not too bad, but i suggest you read this topic frequently to be caught up when you join late. i look foward to seeing the ship! :thumbup::sweet:

Speaking of which, to all players:

customs must begin and end in your post. dont leave an open gap, expecting another player to build it and use it in their post.

do you guys know what i mean? if you do, ill add this to the rule book. ill also add the list pf players. :wink:

Customs must begin and end in your post. dont leave an open gap, expecting another player to build it and use it in their post.

Do you guys know what i mean?

No, not exactly. :sad: What do you mean by "begin and end"? And when you say"customs",do you mean "MOCs"?

Btw, in how much of a time span can one post take place in? I mean, what's the limit? One day?

No, not exactly. :sad: What do you mean by "begin and end"? And when you say"customs",do you mean "MOCs"?

Btw, in how much of a time span can one post take place in? I mean, what's the limit? One day?

the time limit really depends on the post, but if your in something important, replies should take place immediately. (in the story, you dont have to post instantly after in the forum).

as for the first question, ill do an example:

lets say that i am using my custom starfighter in a pic. all of a sudden, i get shot down in space, and the only character that can save me is you (oky wan). i shouldnt expect you to take apart an ARC 150, an Awing, and a v-wing just to make my custom ship, let alone you knowing how to build it or even having those sets.

and im very sorry to say, the deadline has been extended, for personal reasons. my mouse broke the other day, so im using a relatives computer, and i will get a new mouse as soon as possible. i am deeply sorry... (god, i feel like UniqueBuilder... :tongue: )

im sorry... the new deadline is may 15... :thumbdown::cry_sad:

Jim... My sigfig will be/is a Shadow Stormtrooper with yellow shoulder pauldrons... and A Jango Fett head. I know, a bit boring... But I am very much waiting for the new Rex to come out.. He will then be my sigfig... Palin is a Senior Clone Commander that, after the war, went into hiding because he had become obsolete. Too, his Commanding Officer, Captain Nikitia Vhrils, (Juno Eclipse with Hermine brown hair) had fallen in love with him, but that, alas, is another sad story. Palin found the plans to the Rogue Shadow shortly before his departure, and has been secretly working on adapting the technology into the TIE SENTINEL (Sequenced Equipped Navigation Twin Ion Nominal Event Lightspeed) named "Eclipse". Palin and Nikitia now roam the outer rim staving off detection and searching to bring peace to the Empire. Hoping to be reunited with dear friends... And discovering a hidden power within... he should never have possesed... Palin, a vagabond wandering dark Paladin... seeks justice!

Edited by Palin Jax

Wait, I'm extremely late but there's a last minute character I want to submit. It's a rebel trooper from the battlepack, but instead of the usual head, could I have the smirk head? The one Belloq and the new Indy's have? As well as Draco from the new castle. If you don't have it which i don't blame you, could I just have the generic "bad guy" head aka Bruce Wayne head? If that doesn't work, just a rebel? If yuo have none, ignore me. The personality is just some annoying cannon fodder character who always seems to be the butt of jokes and at the butt of enemy rifles. He's sent on suicide missions or to jump out of cover first to see if the sniper left his post. He's just a generic but smartass trooper who dies very often. I can make a ship for future comics, for sure!

Edited by sdpirate

Well here's my story: (pics wil be edited in this post)

Easy-501.1 (Aka Wouwie) is an clonecommander of 501st Easy company.

He has got nothing special, only.....Danm..Forgot the name of it..That blue transmitter thing from Cody just before order 66....

Edit: Hologram projector.

Weapons: Standard smaal blaster from the Clone BP.

Starfighter: In-build ARC

Well, that's it for now.

Edited by wouwie13