Sign in to follow this  
Duke

HMS Indistinguishable

thindexedgif.gif Mini 2b

I was busy yesterday evening making a mini 'ship of the line'. Here is the result. Hope you like it!

dsc00366.jpg

dsc00369.jpg

Very nice, with neat proportions and not so mini at all. Interesting and good details on the sides, too! *y*

I agree with Asuka, it has really the perfect proportions. Even the little "doors" to the cabin :-)

Nice work!

What?? Where? Can't spot it. I see a picture but I can't distinguish a ship. X-D

Nice work Duke. You just gave a whole new meaning to mini-scale!

I would make the masts a bit longer though.

Wonder what it'll look like with minifigs!

I think it's very well distinguished actually - for its size you seem to have put a decent amount of detail in it.

I think it would be interesting if someone took upon the challenge of designing sails made from material, for one of these mini MOCs.

Thanks for the positive comments, the design.. was a bit tricky. I found it hard to get the right shape when it was so small (slopes can slope too much etc) but I think it came out ok. The real problem was finding the bricks in my black brick box (not a good idea to have one of those :P)

Nice ship lad. You have done a nice job micronizing a massive vessel. How many guns does it have? If the yellow non-slope bricks on the side represent gun ports it appears to be a 24 gun ship.

Duke….hmm this is what I have been called since I was 2 weeks old and have never had to compete with anyone for sole rights to being called this. This may get confusing.

Thanks for the positive comments, the design.. was a bit tricky. I found it hard to get the right shape when it was so small (slopes can slope too much etc) but I think it came out ok.

Are the masts strengthen by anything on the interior? Or have you just stacked 1 x 1 cylinders on top of each other?

Nice work Duke (who isn't my brother :pir-laugh: )

There are a lot of detail put into such a small model.

Are there any plans to make a M-F scale ship in the near future?

Also, I'm hoping your ship will enjoy its stay in the Index of MOC Ships. *y*

P

Ah, thanks for the index add! Well, obviously i'd like to make a minifig scale ship of the line but.. The project size is a bit beyond me at the moment :wink:

I could make a smaller one since i've recently picked up a BSB so have the hull from that to use.