Klaus-Dieter

My Lego City

Hello everybody!

I want to present you my Lego City.

The pics are up to date - I made them some hours ago.

For time reasons I am only aible to present you a short overview for the first time - but more pics with a little "guiding tour" and an explanation will follow in the next days.

Here it is:

simg0006.jpg

simg0015.jpg

Comments are welcome! *sweet*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way: Here is my last MOC Fort Legoredo Outpost.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Very nice layout!

With all the buildings left on the baseplates they came with (instead of building them on the sides of the roadplates) you made your layout very spacious looking.

You seem to have quite a lot of those rounded trees, they look good displayed this way, however I'm not so sure about those two palmtrees in conjunction with them.

I wish I had the same amount of room to build my own layout on...

*y*

A huge and impressive layout indeed, with some very charming details like that Paradisa building, and the new Town Plan set´s integrated very well! *sweet*

Nice City layout! Haha, i love the old city series, really brings back lots of memories! Hope to see more detailed pics soon! *sweet*

Thank you very much for your nice feedbacks!

I wish I had the same amount of room to build my own layout on...

That's the problem at my home, too:

At my student digs I have really not enough place to build it up. And at home my parents' living room isn't small - but when I built up all my City sets nobody can go in and out without destroying something :-D . That's the reason why I built up my Lego City the last time in the last summer :'-) . But this Saturday my parents and my brother made an excursion so I had the possibility to built my Lego City up very quickly, make some photos and then slowly take it down.

That's how it is - but perhaps later I'll have more room to built it up for a longer time. ;-)

Guiding Tour Through My Lego City

Welcome to my Lego City.

Here you have got a quick overview over my City.

simg0006.jpg

simg0015.jpg

My City contains a big police department, a fire station, a hospital, a train station, a park & service tower, two additional petrol stations, a pizzeria, a restaurant, a cycle shop, a garage, a cinema, an oldtimer meeting place, a little apartment house, a villa, an airport, a town hall, an adventure camp and a little park with a fountain.

There is a lot of work to do in the City:

The dustbins have to be depleted, …

simg0071.jpg

... the cargo has to be discharged of the freight helicopter, ...

simg0040.jpg

… the garbage has to be collected, …

simg0033.jpg

… the rails have to be exchanged, …

simg0005.jpg

… the letters have to be carried out, …

simg0073.jpg

… the streets have to be cleaned, …

simg0012.jpg

… new plants have to be implant, …

simg0057.jpg

... a hotel has to be built, ...

simg0008.jpg

... the streets have to be repaired, ...

simg0041.jpg

… a street light has to be repaired and …

simg0027.jpg

… a container has to be lifted with a crane.

simg0063.jpg

But after work there is a huge range of possibilities you can do:

You can meet your friends in the oldtimer club, …

simg0036.jpg

… you can go to the cinema, …

simg0047.jpg

… listen to the street musicians, …

simg0056.jpg

… play soccer with your kids …

simg0042.jpg

… or only relax in the park.

simg0004.jpg

During or after work there are some possibilities to get your food:

You can eat a pizza or let the pizza carrier deliver one to your home, …

simg0025.jpg

… buy some popcorn or a little snack at the popcorn snack …

simg0066.jpg

… or go to the excellent Italian restaurant.

simg0027.jpg

Of course my Lego City is a “real” City – so there regrettably are accidents and crime, too:

A car with a boat tag collided with another car, …

simg0060.jpg

… a jealous stalker wants to shoot down the bridal couple …

simg0026.jpg

… and two criminals from the Mafia attack a shop owner who didn’t buy the protection money.

simg0045.jpg

But there are luckily a lot of people who went for fighting against accidents and crime:

The police is constantly en route – 24 hours , 7 days a week, 365 days a year, …

simg0067.jpg

… the federal police makes tempo limit controls …

simg0009.jpg

… and accomplishes a razzia at the adventure camp where some drug dealers decided to move,

simg0059.jpg

… there are a lot of doctors and nurses who help the casualties, …

simg0037.jpg

… the fire fighters exercising constantly the deletion of fires and the rescue of injured people …

simg0055.jpg

… and there is a special police unity who fights against and arrests dangerous criminals.

simg0043.jpg

Fortunately there are nice happenings, too:

Some kids are peacefully playing soccer, ...

simg0075.jpg

... a couple is marrying in the town hall, ...

simg0068.jpg

... some teenagers are skateboarding, ...

simg0065.jpg

... and a kid is playing with its remote-controlled car.

simg0074.jpg

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

There are a lot of things to discover in my Lego City – do only look about:

There is a very nice rich villa in the housing area, …

simg0061.jpg

… it’s Christmas (no, it isn’t – but nevertheless) and a movie is done with Santa Claus who gets visit of an Ice Planet guy, …

simg0078.jpg

… two explorers are watching and filming a monkey, …

simg0034.jpg

… two airport police officers arrest a fled criminal, …

simg0039.jpg

… a citizen refuels his car at the ancient petrol station …

simg0046.jpg

… and some citizens are waiting for the Metroliner at the train station.

simg0050.jpg

Facts about my Lego City from the registration office:

-a precise number of about hundred until two hundred inhabitants

-a precise number of about ten fire fighters

-a precise number of about twenty “normal” police officers

-a precise number of about twenty federal police officers

-eight special police unity officers plus their boss

-a precise number of about ten doctors and nurses

INTERESTED?! - THEN COME VISITNG US!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn’t include the few maritime sets because they had no place. I’ll show them to you in the middle or end of October after I will have bought and built up the new 7739 Coast Guard Harbor.

If you’re interested please visit my Brickshelf Gallery with my MyLegoCity2008, too.

I hope you liked my “guiding tour” and I would like to read more great comments.

Klaus-Dieter

i love how your city is so clean!

mine is so dusty!!

how do you keep it all so shiny?

i really like the old style feeling!

4-wide cars and old road plates!

i really like all the details!!

a job well done!

There´s so much going on in your fascinating and very lively town, it´s amazing and very well done. I really like the classic size of most of your

buildings and vehicles, it adds some special charm to your already impressive layout. :'-)

But perhaps it would be more funny if you would give that jealous sniper just a bucket of paint or a basket with eggs.... X-D

You've got a nice layout Klaus-Dieter!

And like Phoinix said, your town is really clean! If you want, I have a lot of sets to clean... X-D

Seriously! You've got a great collection of great sets from the 80's/90's, it's a real pleasure to see them in a same layout. :'-)

It reminds me of the old LEGO catalogue... And the new town plane feet very well in your city.

Maybe using some grey basepalte instead of dark grey one will be better... And maybe a green baseplae in the center of your town, for the funtain square... There are just minor things that can be improve easily, from my point of view, of course! ;-)

how do you keep it all so shiny?

There is only one magic word to keep the sets so shiny: It's pure magic!

No, of course it isn't! :-D

Many of the sets look on the pics cleaner than they are in reality.

Like I mentioned already in a reply before I built up my town only very seldom. When I then remove it I "clean" the sets with a little paint-brush of the dust.

All the other time (when it is not built up) I store the sets in cartons so that they don't get so dusty.

If you've got some very dusty sets you perhaps may already know the trick: Cleaning them with warm water and - if necessary - with some "non-agressive" (don't know the real name) soap. But do not wash them in the dishwasher. One very well meant advise: I washed many bricks some in the washing machine years ago - after that they were totally twisted so I can only use them very badly :-( .

I hope I could help you. *sweet*

But perhaps it would be more funny if you would give that jealous sniper just a bucket of paint or a basket with eggs.... X-D

I totally agree with you, Asuka!

It wasn't a very good idea to place that minifig in that function on that place. But after I built up my Lego City I realised that one minifig is missing: It was that minifig. But I don't want to exclude it from my city. So I decided to place it on the roof of the town hall because it was the best place of all bad places I could imagine. And since I put it there I had to invent a history for that bad guy with his gun - and so I invented the history I presented to you. But of course you are right - it really isn't a very good history :-/ .

Thank you very much for all your nice comments! *sweet*

I will reassess your advise of putting a green baseplate under the fountain - it surely is a good idea! :-)

One very well meant advise: I washed many bricks some in the washing machine years ago - after that they were totally twisted so I can only use them very badly :-( .

I put them inside a pillow case cover and threw them in a washing machine and they came out perfect.

You use'd any cover before putting them in the machine?

Great new pics BTW :)

The curious thing is that I put the bricks into a pillow case before washing them in the washing machine, too. But either the bricks were twisted already before (may be since I got them as a present; but nevertheless I don't think that they were twisted before) or I put too many bricks into the washing machine or ... I don't know - but it's fact that they came out twisted :-( .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a great demand to you: If you've got time please answer my two following questions:

-What do you like/hate the most in my City?

-What do you think should be made better/designed in an other way?

Thanks! *sweet*

Klaus-Dieter

I totally agree with you, Asuka!

It wasn't a very good idea to place that minifig in that function on that place. But after I built up my Lego City I realised that one minifig is missing: It was that minifig. But I don't want to exclude it from my city. So I decided to place it on the roof of the town hall because it was the best place of all bad places I could imagine. And since I put it there I had to invent a history for that bad guy with his gun - and so I invented the history I presented to you. But of course you are right - it really isn't a very good history :-/ .

Plus the fact that the sniper hasnt got a great shot on the married couple! ;-) What would really be good is if you made some sort of clock tower in the little park with him at the top, the tower could be across the street from the married couple!