telesell-c.jpg

The cargo space holds mr. Tibers weird contraptions ofcourse:

telesell-d.jpg

More pictures can be seen here, enjoy!

I think this may be the best built Xebec on EB *wub*

It looks great!

Very proportional and good job following the pic. *y*

I hope you're eventually going to show your models at a convention. *sweet*

It'd be awesome to see your ships in person. :'-)

P

I agree with phred.

I love this ship *wub*

The way you caught the shape and curve is impressive.

I'm looking forward to your future creations captain X-D

What a wonderful ship, with an excellent rigging and very fine sails and a great color scheme, especially these

brown stripes´re marvelous. The whole back section looks very impressive and works well with the elegant lines

and the smooth shape of your plain beautiful creation. :'-)

I hope you're eventually going to show your models at a convention. *sweet*

It would be great if we could get more of these stunning Pirate MOCs into conventions, but obviously that poses some logistical problems, especially considering Mr Tiber is in Europe and Phred in USA.

Nonetheless, I think it'll make the frontpage of Classic-Pirates.com in the very near future. The frontpage is like a convention X-D

I think this may be the best built Xebec on EB *wub*

Yeah! I don't know what that means, but I agree! *sweet*

She's a beauty, Captain Green Hair! Excellent work. If LEGO starts anothe Pirate line I hope we get cool ships like this that will appeal more to AFOLs than to 4+ dorks. :-P No offense to the 4+ crowd, really, you're great. But I appreciate your work so much Green Hair. I would like to see your smarty brain tackle some of the ornamental detail on the stern and the railings. But, you're my ship-building mentor and I can't wait to show off the ship you've helped me out with. X-D Oh man, I didn't even mean to shamelessly self-promote and I did anyway. It's a disease... :'-(

Wait a minute! I'm having a moment of confusion.

Was The Telesell built by Mr Tiber or Captain Green Hair?

Finally!

Its awesome!

I like the way the fence thingy is smoothed and curved. *sweet*

Wait a minute! I'm having a moment of confusion.

Was The Telesell built by Mr Tiber or Captain Green Hair?

I am lucky enough to be the captain, but I didn't build it. :-P

Oh yes, very awesome ship. I fully agree with the others, it's the best built Xebec I've ever seen.

Very wonderful *wub*

After reading the title of this topic I thought for a moment you started your own Telsell business.... Wondering what the connection with Lego could have been I read the title again and noticed the extra 'e' in between tel and sell.... X-D

Now to the ship:

This ship is perfect in every way, it takes some real skills building something from a non-legomodel like that miniature ship used with all it's complex curves and lines.

Marvelous!

*y* *y*

I am lucky enough to be the captain, but I didn't build it. :-P

Well I'll say a big Homer Simpson DOH to that because I always though you built it, which made me wonder why Captain Green Hair said he'd post it

Anyway, I'll go get 40 winks then come back and constructively criticise this wonderful creation.

Thanks for all your nice comments mateys! :'-)

After reading the title of this topic I thought for a moment you started your own Telsell business.... Wondering what the connection with Lego could have been I read the title again and noticed the extra 'e' in between tel and sell.... X-D

Íf you read our comic, the name will become clear Simon ;-)

What can I say about this ship? It's beautiful!

There's nothing I don't love about it. For me this is an absolute masterpiece.

It's shape looks just right, the colors are perfect, sails look wonderful, the entire design is refreshing and original.

Don't tell this to anyone captain, but you are my favorite shipbuilder.

I agree with everyone in that this is a marvelous ship. The shape, colors, contours its all done with a keen attention to detail. I do, however, have a couple questions. Why are the cannons mounted directly to the ship? Also, why is the spacing of the cannons somewhat sporadic? There is a gap of 9 studs and then 2 studs between port holes.

Very very authentic touch!

The lack of colouring is refreshing and obviously the comparison to the model is immaculate. What is the classification of this ship, a Sloop? Is there a little story on the original, assuming that model was made from an existing Telesell. I can only assume by Mr. Tiber's presence on desk that we're dealing with a Dutch Privateer...

Am working to solve the flag crisis and should have a satisfactory Dutch flag for you to add as soon as possible.

What is the classification of this ship, a Sloop?

A Xebec is a ship type, I believe. ;-)

I can only assume by Mr. Tiber's presence on desk that we're dealing with a Dutch Privateer...

If you read EB Pirates everything will become clear! X-D

I do indeed agree with everyone that this is a magnificently built ship and I suspect it's the sails and rigging that give it that aurora of authenticity.

But now to my favourite area of criticism - photography X-D

Is it really that hard to frame a MOC so it fits within the entire picture? The top of the middle sail is cut off and there is a disproportionate amount of space between the the stern and the right side the picture. The model "Chebec" the Tessel is based on demonstrates the best way to take a picture of a Xebec close up, to ensure it all fits within the frame and uses the space within to it's full potential.

What an incredibly nice looking ship. 'Chebecs' were used by Barbary pirates in the Mediterranean if I'm not mistaken. Or were those 'galleys'? Darn I can't remember, it were Arab sailing vessels for sure I know that much, their sleek fast hulls were ideal to capture Christian slaves! :-$

Why are the cannons mounted directly to the ship? Also, why is the spacing of the cannons somewhat sporadic? There is a gap of 9 studs and then 2 studs between port holes.

I believe it's because of the rather awkward position of the cargo door which makes the positioning of cannons in the middle bit precarious.

Edited by Hairy Ruben

Not just the best Xebeck on EB, but ever made. Who made it again? Was it Mr Tiber? Whoever it was, Great Job!

Regards, Captain Zuloo :-D

Well, i've completed the proper paperwork so that the Telesell has a permit to be in the Index of MOC Ships.

Good work Cap'n. *y*

P

Thanks Phred, i hate doing the paperwork meself X-D

Thank you all for the nice commennts! *y*

Now to answer your questions:

The space between the cannons is indeed for the big cargo hold.

I'll try to put some more (better) pics in the BS folder this weekend.

Cap'n Green Bucket

A truly amazing ship, the shape colours and sails are truly great, a fantastic creation!!