Sign in to follow this  
Minifig Lecturer

Hydroelectric dam

indexed.gif B-OV-12E

Here are some pictures of a MOC I am currently working on - it's supposed to be a hydroelectric dam believe it or not. I will try to take some pictures of the internal "generator" and pipes another time. I still have to do alot of work on the surrounding mountain.

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

Lookin' good so far! Nice design that looks great, and your town is wonderful too! *y*

~Peace

Looking really good, I can't wait to see it finished, it has a lot of potential. *wub* I love the city too, do you have more pictures of it somewhere?

I really like this! You should make those rock pieces a bit better with more random brick placement and less reliance on BURPs. Also, make a pipe at the other side of the damn with the water coming out.

Lookin' good so far! Nice design that looks great, and your town is wonderful too! *y*

~Peace

Thanks iamded! :)

Looking really good, I can't wait to see it finished, it has a lot of potential. *wub* I love the city too, do you have more pictures of it somewhere?

I will have more pics here sometime.

I really like this! You should make those rock pieces a bit better with more random brick placement and less reliance on BURPs. Also, make a pipe at the other side of the damn with the water coming out.

Yes you are right. I will be adding more normal bricks on and around the BURPS. I am trying to dig out enough of those colour bricks but I don't have many left. The pipes a great idea. Cheers!

Very nice, I like your use of BURPs.

BURP :)

This is a fascinating project and it seems like it´ll fit simply wonderful to your City layout. Marvelous! :'-)

Nice. Just needs some pipes coming out the other end so a sort of natural disaster doesn't happen :-D :-D

OH NOEZ!!!

teton_dam_failure.jpg

It definitely needs some flood gates, and it would look even better if it took on the classic curve shape that many dams do.

Cool concept Calvin. That's really neat! *sweet*

Cool dam! And I also love the city in the background. *y* I would use smaller dark grey bricks for the rock but this is a matter of money. Buying lots of old dark grey pieces on bricklink is quite expensive. The big rock pieces are just more handy; but by adding smaller pieces it could be more detailed. But you say it is work in progress. So we'll see what this project looks like when it is completely finished. But it already looks great! So in the end it'll definitely look even greater! *wub*

EDIT: Oh, you're planning on adding smaller pieces to the BURPs! Sorry! I overlooked that! But in this case I'm really looking forward to seeing the final result.

Edited by legotrainfan

This is a fascinating project and it seems like it´ll fit simply wonderful to your City layout. Marvelous! :'-)

Thanks for the kind words even if they are over the top :)

Nice. Just needs some pipes coming out the other end so a sort of natural disaster doesn't happen :-D :-D

:) I don't have enough blue bricks to have a natural disaster :)

OH NOEZ!!!

It definitely needs some flood gates, and it would look even better if it took on the classic curve shape that many dams do.

Yes perhaps it would!

Cool concept Calvin. That's really neat! *sweet*

Thanks! :)

Cool dam! And I also love the city in the background. *y* I would use smaller dark grey bricks for the rock but this is a matter of money. Buying lots of old dark grey pieces on bricklink is quite expensive. The big rock pieces are just more handy; but by adding smaller pieces it could be more detailed. But you say it is work in progress. So we'll see what this project looks like when it is completely finished. But it already looks great! So in the end it'll definitely look even greater! *wub*

EDIT: Oh, you're planning on adding smaller pieces to the BURPs! Sorry! I overlooked that! But in this case I'm really looking forward to seeing the final result.

Thanks legotrainfan. Yes I know the BURPS need a bit of work to make them look more natural - just adding standard bricks around them should be enough I reckon.

I can see this being the attention of many news stories in the future, simple yet really nice, well done Calvin! ;-)

ps: My pictures should be ready soon for the twon twinning thing! *y*

That's another very cool addition to an already great city. It looks like you might be starting to run out of floor space in the loft! I can only dream of having a space like that at the moment. :-(

I can see this being the attention of many news stories in the future, simple yet really nice, well done Calvin! ;-)

ps: My pictures should be ready soon for the twon twinning thing! *y*

Thanks! Got your pics, great city you have there, nice details :)

That's another very cool addition to an already great city. It looks like you might be starting to run out of floor space in the loft! I can only dream of having a space like that at the moment. :-(

Yea I kinda have a space problem at the moment Paul - I have some spare baseplates as I need room to be able to move around all sides of my town. The older you get the more difficult it is crawling around the floor :(