KDog

Lego: Space - The Comic

Just wanted to let you guys know I hadn't fallen off the face of the Earth. I expect to resume posting comics again in the next week or so. I've gotta at least reach 500 before the year is out!

Just wanted to let you guys know I hadn't fallen off the face of the Earth. I expect to resume posting comics again in the next week or so. I've gotta at least reach 500 before the year is out!

That's good! I'm still waiting for what happens next! :sweet:

Very much looking forward to the next episode. Masoch rules!

:classic:

This was the second LEGO webcomic I ever read, and certainly one of my favorites... I'd be quite disappointed to see it suddenly die off and not return, I've been reading it for about three or four years now.

Welcome back! I have been looking forward to this for a while, can't wait to see how Masoch's encounter will change the destiny of humanity

Glad you weren't being pummeled in prison

:wink:

... Hello? I understand that you take time making comics but hello? I'd love to see a new one soon.

Funny part is I've been scripting away new comics but haven't shot any. So it feels to me like the story has continued then I realize no one else has seen it. :-/

You've been scripting so long that I've even managed to advance to knight rank! Also had time to see the new Doctor Who episodes and you've still not shot any of the comics!

Good to know you're still working, KDog. I was about ready to send out a search party.

*into walkie-talkie*

False alarm, boys! You can all go home now! :tongue:

Hi, I know I'm going to get hung, draw, and quartered by the Mods for this, but I wanted to dig this up, to post in this topic, to ask if you, K-Dog, are all right, and haven't got caught in a quantum singularity-death by phaser fire-time loop-dimension hoping contraption-something or another? In all serious though, I know I could of PM'ed you, as the phrase goes (if your still around that is), but I felt that perhaps, I hope, their are others who are fans of your comic, who'd like to know what's going on. I fully understand that perhaps real life has taken over, or you've gone into a dark age, and that most likely your EB account is inactive, but I do hope for what its worth that your reading this. I won't lie, I didn't start reading you comic till around issue 100, and stopped due to my own dark age at around 300, however, I've spent a week reading from 1 to the The Search part 14. I'd love to know what happens, weather these Aliens with their bootleg decrepit fakes will really attack , or weather Jenny is Schwartz's Grand-daughter for sure, or weather Captain Dash, o'll vacant eye sockets, will make a return. I've tried to keep it short, thought for me that's impossible, but to sum up, you all right?

From your avid reader and space fan,

Hi, I know I'm going to get hung, draw, and quartered by the Mods for this, but I wanted to dig this up, to post in this topic, to ask if you, K-Dog, are all right, and haven't got caught in a quantum singularity-death by phaser fire-time loop-dimension hoping contraption-something or another? In all serious though, I know I could of PM'ed you, as the phrase goes (if your still around that is), but I felt that perhaps, I hope, their are others who are fans of your comic, who'd like to know what's going on. I fully understand that perhaps real life has taken over, or you've gone into a dark age, and that most likely your EB account is inactive, but I do hope for what its worth that your reading this. I won't lie, I didn't start reading you comic till around issue 100, and stopped due to my own dark age at around 300, however, I've spent a week reading from 1 to the The Search part 14. I'd love to know what happens, weather these Aliens with their bootleg decrepit fakes will really attack , or weather Jenny is Schwartz's Grand-daughter for sure, or weather Captain Dash, o'll vacant eye sockets, will make a return. I've tried to keep it short, thought for me that's impossible, but to sum up, you all right?

From your avid reader and space fan,

Ahhh why did you have to post in here, I thought there was maybe a new comic...

Who you're thinking of is a different guy called Captain Settle, whom lives in the UK, hence his is called "A Brickish Space Comic". I wanted to post here because the other guy is well, a different person.

Who you're thinking of is a different guy called Captain Settle

Um, no.

I saw that there was a new post in this topic, assumed that that was because people were responding to a new episode, but it wasn't, so I was disappointed.

But I'm sure we all share the same sentiments about Kevin.

Sorry about that, I got confused. Looking back, I can see I misinterpreted the message, I thought you where referring to a completely new series, not commenting about my comment in relation to a new comic being posted and being disappointed in that their wasn't a new comic. Sorry about the confusion.

I hate to reply to this topic and make anyone think a new comic has been posted, but I did want to let you know what's been going on with me. Last year, I decided to write a novel based on SPACE: The Comic. It always bothered me a bit that no matter what I did with the comic, it stood on a shaky legal highwire because I was using LEGO to tell the story - and not just LEGO as building materials, but actual LEGO minifigures, sets and names. The story and characters were my own creation, of course, but the comic never seemed like it was truly mine, I guess. So, I had to make a tough decision. I loved telling the story visually, and I loved interacting with all of you. That was all incredibly rewarding. But the comic was also very time-consuming - shooting the photos, mainly - and that was the only creative hobby that I had time to pursue.

For many years now, my goal has been to write novels, or at least make the attempt. With Space: The Comic, I already had characters I loved and nearly an entire story I wanted to tell already written as comics or planned out. There are several scripts completed beyond where I left off in "The Search." In fact, I will even post some of them here if you want me to. Just let me know. The entire story I had planned, continuing to where the comic would have naturally ended, exists in at least outline form, too. In short, I already had an entire story and characters worked out and ready to go if I wanted to convert them into a novel - I just had to start writing the prose. I could only write this novel if I put the comic itself on the shelf, and that's the difficult decision I made.

So far, the writing has been incredibly fulfulling and going well - I'm about 150 pages in. The tale is mostly intact aside from editing out some moments that worked best in the visual format, and some other slight changes and expansions. Writing was a little slow in the beginning as I got over my own insecurities and laziness, but now the chapters flow out fairly quickly. The worst part is missing the interaction with all of you, and the immediate gratification of nearly instant responses when I post a comic. I'm working in a vacuum and I don't know if this book stands one chance of being successfully published. The odds are against me (as they are most writers) and this is a very long, intertwining, complicated story. I'm not sure it's at all sellable. Or if I'm even any good. But I believe in the story and want to tell it - I greatly enjoy writing it - and I also really want to FINISH it so anyone who wants to can read it. I realize that the novel will not be the cup of tea for everyone who read the comic - the LEGO and medium were draws unto themselves. But that's okay. I hope the novel, when it's done, will be good and a story that people enjoy. There's still a long way to go in the writing process, of course. I've debated starting a blog where I post snippets along the way. Not sure about that yet.

But thank you so much for asking, for caring, and for reading SPACE: The Comic. I won't say it will never come back as a comic, but it does live on currently, very much alive and well, in the pages of my growing collection of notebooks!

Kevin (KDog)