Sign in to follow this  
Svendp

Hello! My name is Sven

Hey there,

my name is Sven and I'm from Belgium. 

I'm a 35y old married logistics coordinator, and father of 2 kids, a boy and a girl

and I'm an addict :) ... urrrrr an AFOL for the past 2 years.

During my childhood, playing with Lego was all I did, it was a real obsession. In that time I had almost every set in System, knights and pirates. I particularly liked the Lego Forestmen sets. Played Robin Hood for hours. Every birthday, Xmas, ... I got new Lego, until the age of 16, when something bad happened. 

In 1997 we had a fire at my parents house, destroying everything, including all Lego. This huge setback, and also the age (when you start to go out and also have other interests) caused me to stop buying Lego. Life went on: found a girlfriend, got married, had kids, .... I tried to convince the kids to start playing with Lego for years, without any luck. For some reason my kids sadly did not inheritate my obsession for Lego. And so I kept living in my 'dark ages' until 2-3 years ago. 

My son got home with a flyer of a Lego fair: Brick Mania and wanted to check it out. So we went to visit the fair. No luck with the kids, they liked the beautiful mocs they've seen there, but still did not want to start playing themselves :( I, on the other hand, felt like coming home. Lego walhalla. My god what did I miss during the last 15 years. I almost got instantly addicted again, and I bought the pet shop and the monster house on that same fair. 

Since then, I've gathered the next in line modulars and the cmf series as of series 10. I really want to get all modulars one day, but prices are insane. If only I did got out of my dark ages sooner, ....

Apart from the modulars, I also have very beautiful Arc de Triomphe, that I bricklinked after buying an instruction for it.

Arc.jpg

At this point, I only have one MoC: a schoolbus. My goal is to create a display around it as well. I tend towards a Route 66'ish thingy, perhaps with a motel, diner, camp site, ... I'll see how it goes.  The problem for beginning moccers I guess, is gathering all the required pieces. I know you can bricklink them, but then you need to know ofcourse which items you'll need, and I will only need which ones I need, when I start building ... vicious circle here :)

Anyway, I won't take more of your time, so you can all start building again. 

bye for now

Sven

Edited by Svendp

Welcome to Eurobricks, Sven!

It's good you came out of your dark ages!  I hope the children become interested as you continue your hobby.

I am looking forward to seeing your MOCs and builds!