Thats really cool, lots of programming must have gone into this.

14 hours ago, LvdH said:

Oh that's what it was! I remember seeing it, but I had no idea what is what supposed to do :tongue: 

If the children asked me what it was, my answer was "It is a candy delivery system". But if the parents asked me, I told them it is a Mind(fullness)storms machine: a full run with four candies took about 13 minutes ... ;-)

11 hours ago, JJ2 said:

Thats really cool, lots of programming must have gone into this.

We estimate the total building time (so both the Lego structures as the C# application) somewhere between 1500 - 2000 hours for the whole team in the last year. Some parts are reused or improved from earlier years, if you add that to the total time I think you should double it.

10 hours ago, Blakbird said:

This is so incredibly creative and fun to watch.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your kind words. It was also fun to do.

I already have new ideas for Lego World 2017!

Hans

17 hours ago, Carl86 said:

Cool project. I like some of your building techniques.

Thanks for your reply.

At Lego World, the (new) delivery station drew the  most attention (in the positive way ;-). Most people didn't understand what it would do, until they saw the station in action. The mechanism of pushing  the containers from the wagons, lifting the containers and the lockers: it all worked as I designed it.

I learned a lot in the last years of building, for example: the first items were totally not designed for transport-ability. Nor was it designed for three or four days of continuous play, so we needed a power supply attached to it. But attaching a power supply is not that easy for a moving object, like the crane.

For the new buildings, I took most of these 'abilities' into account at the design phase. Would it be interesting to write a longer article about this?