So as promised I've gone slightly left-field and decided not to create a vehicle but try and create something very fun/silly

Enjoy ... The Claw

It's just shy of 36" long, weighs just under 1.2kg, it contains a lot of 5x11 panels and technic frames, and a lot more of our friend the black connector

More details and pictures to follow ...

Why don't you use a motorized pump instead of the hand pump. It seems that there is quite some space to fit a motor and battery box. Just my opinion.  :classic: 

I love the non-vehicle creativity.  Is the length of the "arm" for looks or mechanical reasons?  I also agree that a motorized pump would be a simple addition/extra option given the size of the model.  It would also be cool if the arm could bend to give added flexibility for grabbing stuff.  Just my thoughts but I still love the model as it is now!

Edited by GBTechnic

I decided I wanted something purely mechanical and so went for a hand pump over a motorised option. Also adding a motor and battery would have made it even heavier!

As to its length, I wanted something long to replicate the grabber arms I remembered as a kid and as to the length it ended up as that was purely down to the amount of frames I have! 3ft seemed like a cool length too