So this basically exists because 12 hour ago (from posting) I was bored out of my mind. So I took apart 75150, and used any other parts I could find from my bin. It could technically be a MOD, but since I changed enough I believe it is considered a MOC. Anyways I ended up with what I have now and I am pretty satisfied with the results. This is also my very first attempt at a MOC...with real bricks (I've made two LDD attempts at the Yavin Base). Enjoy. :classic:

29871277043_c44eecd89d_k.jpg

29871278323_5cae88c861_k.jpg

More pics can be found by clicking here.

I am very fond of how the wings turned out and it looks great from the front. But, I'm not very fond of the back, but due to it being done in a day and not having the right parts what I have now works. Anyways I hope you like it and please leave comments, suggestions, and thoughts. :sweet:

Edit:

29916510623_8f9597a2ca_k.jpg

I have fixed the rear with a huge improvement. Please leave, thoughts, comments, and criticism.:classic:

Edited by MaxTube55

Thank you joey and Aethersprite.

3 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

The wings should be larger/longer, but given the fact that you threw this together on a whim, it looks great regardless!

Yeah, that would have been nicer to have them extended to be longer. But I also thought that the wings were quite short and using this image for reference, I really needed to keep them the same length, use a steeper slope on the front edge of the upper and lower wings, and extend the flat middle section by about a stud or two to get its relatively compact appearance.  

Edited by MaxTube55

According to the picture you linked, it actually looks just the right size. As a system scale (minifig) set, it looks pretty spot on, good job for the short amount of time you did it in!

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

According to the picture you linked, it actually looks just the right size. As a system scale (minifig) set, it looks pretty spot on, good job for the short amount of time you did it in!

Thanks. I had a feeling it was pretty close, but didn't know quite how accurate it was. Most TIEs have similarly sized cockpits and as the cockpit for 75150 was movie scale and the wings were Rebels scale, exactly as it appears in the show. So I found a solution for the rear, albeit not the favorable choice (a 75082 cocokpit mod was),  then based the wings off that. This was so I could keep it a close as possible and I'm glad you think I got it pretty close and really tried to.

Edited by MaxTube55

Actually I think I have thought of a good solution for the rear. I could replace the 2 Brick 1X4X1 Inv. Bow with 2 Roof Tile 1X3/25° Inv., and instead of that square brick solution for the rear window I could rearrange the connection points and use a Lamp Shade (DBG works). But I would like to get these parts separately and some to fix the sets I stole from before I do this. What should work better the lamp or what I have.

Edited by MaxTube55

3 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

Yup the back looks better now - excellent.

Yeah, I definitely though it would. I took inspiration from the rear of 75154, now I need to order the parts to fix my sets up cause I had to steal from a bunch :grin:. Plus I want my sets complete or it drives me crazy, probably will just buy Vader's TIE without figs or the A-wing so and order parts for the rest.