dmarkng

[WIP][MOC] Tie Bomber

My 2nd Star Wars MOC after doing Rey's Speeder.  

Just having some issues now thinking how to create a stand.

I did intend to have a stand placed below the bridge connecting the 2 hulls. But it seems now that it would be way too heavy and am afraid it will eventually give way when I do complete this.

Aside from having a flat bed supporting the rear of the 2 hulls, wondering if any one has better suggestions.

1st picture is the underside of 1 hull, 2nd is a view from the front. Have yet to complete it tho =s

image2_1.jpg

image1_2.jpg

Edited by dmarkng

Going to be honest, I'm not keen on the cockpit , nor the pylons... The cockpit seems too instantly round and then too flat with the edge of the bricks. The large curved bricks are just too big and bulbus, the screen should be close to as large as the diameter of the cockpit itself. The pylon just looks a bit too angled and flat :s

Thanks for the replies.

yea I have not done any detailing yet to be honest. Just put pieces over to see if it will hold up before any detailing.

had some issues with connecting the hulls adequately. But before I proceed with the build, I wanted to get some thoughts on a stand and if there is anyway to have a stand for a rounded base.

for the cockpit I had a different look done previously but am keen on seeing how I can use this particular brick for it. Still a lot of work to be done.

12 hours ago, dmarkng said:

Thanks for the replies.

yea I have not done any detailing yet to be honest. Just put pieces over to see if it will hold up before any detailing.

had some issues with connecting the hulls adequately. But before I proceed with the build, I wanted to get some thoughts on a stand and if there is anyway to have a stand for a rounded base.

for the cockpit I had a different look done previously but am keen on seeing how I can use this particular brick for it. Still a lot of work to be done.

I actually really like the cockpit itself.

8 hours ago, ProvenceTristram said:

I actually really like the cockpit itself.

This was the alternate for the cockpit.

They don't make the part #87559 - Brick, Round Corner 6 x 6 x 2 in LBG, but it was a preferred piece even in the silver.

cockpit_alt_1.jpg

4 hours ago, strider117 said:

Most impressive. Might this be to scale with the UCS TIE?

Yea, it is.

Both the hulls and the rear. Was building up just the internal structure to see how it would hold.

Feels very stable now, so I'll probably do details after I find a way to get a stand supporting both hulls and the bridge.

dual_cockpit.jpg

rear.jpg

Edited by dmarkng

I think what you appear to be missing with regards to the cockpit/screen area, is that its actually not the same as a typical TIE. The screen is almost the same diameter as the round fuselage behind it, itself. The majority of pictures show this, but a few certain perspectives make it appear like the screen is quite smaller. That is just due to the perspective, as the fuselage that the cockpit glass is connected to is quite bulbous and protruding from the connecting block (or whatever it is called, that connects the 2 fuselages together). That's where my issue arises with regards to it.

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

I think what you appear to be missing with regards to the cockpit/screen area, is that its actually not the same as a typical TIE. The screen is almost the same diameter as the round fuselage behind it, itself. The majority of pictures show this, but a few certain perspectives make it appear like the screen is quite smaller. That is just due to the perspective, as the fuselage that the cockpit glass is connected to is quite bulbous and protruding from the connecting block (or whatever it is called, that connects the 2 fuselages together). That's where my issue arises with regards to it.

Totally understand where you're coming from.

Perhaps I'll use a 10x10 trans-clear dish.

Other than that, the only way would be to make the entire build smaller to fit the 8x8 dish with tie prints.

I really like this so far, but the cockpit is a problem, I think use a 10x10 and use either just a decal or custom print directly on it, or use removable tint and cut it down then put a decal on that. Or does it come in trans-black?

I had a very initial design using a 10x10 trans-clear dish, and a 6 x 6 behind it as seen below.

The 8x8 tie-printed dish isn't a cheap piece to come by, I had to trade some other parts with a friend for it from the UCS Tie Fighter.

image.jpg

For the Pylons, I did like 3 variations, still subject to change, ran out of some of the wedge plates. One is something like this (incomplete):

image.jpg

Okay, been awhile.

Redid the Pylons and Wing connection.

Sticking to my initial option for the cockpit/windscreen although it doesn't completely cover the whole fuselage, I think I'll accept this as it looks better to me at least =p

Took a couple of pictures before I removed the wings again so I could  rework the stand and touch up the 2nd fuselage.

There's an interior which I forgot to take pictures of =s, enough space for a seat and console.

But I've been so busy I think I'll rework some of it after Christmas.

Tie_Bomber1.jpg

Tie_Bomber2.jpg

This looks great!

Being exactly accurate to canon (down to the tiniest greeble) isn't that important, unless the model is supposed to be a UCS representation.

As long as the builder is satisfied with the efforts and result: that is what its all about.

I like to think that the Empire is really vast. Mission-specific modifications to vehicles and equipment are necessary to adapt for changing requirements in most armies.

Really good work, dmarkng!

Edited by kingodacheez
Grammar.

3 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

You're missing the bombing chute and targeting sensors.

If you look at the 2nd picture its there, though perhaps not so clear.

1 hour ago, kingodacheez said:

This looks great!

Being exactly accurate to canon (down to the tiniest greeble) isn't that important, unless the model is supposed to be a UCS representation.

As long as the builder is satisfied with the efforts and result: that is what its all about.

I like to think that the Empire is really vast. Mission-specific modifications to vehicles and equipment are necessary to adapt for changing requirements in most armies.

Really good work, dmarkng!

Thank you =)

Edited by dmarkng

Ahh okay.

The 1st picture, it can't be seen.

I'll have to build a stand so it can be more easily seen from the front.

I do have space at the bridge and 2 fuselage for a stand to fit in but I just haven't built it yet. A tad short on technic bricks at the moment too.

Decided to change the exterior a bit and got my parts on hold on bl as its just a few pieces.

But do have it rendered:

UCS Tie BomberUCS Tie Bomber 2

Pretty happy with how it turned out, on to the next project =)

Edited by dmarkng

On 04/12/2016 at 0:23 AM, xboxtravis7992 said:

I just stumbled across this. I like it a lot! The detail is stunning.

Thank you!

I'm redoing the top of the cockpit (just a bit), hoping to finish it soon when I have more time and then I'll post the pictures.

Edited by dmarkng