LegoSjaak

Lego Modular City Square with all modulars!!!

Recently i made some expansions on my Modular Square. Within a few months, i have to fit in the Lego 10255 Assembly Square as well, but i'll find a way!

I used 20 modular sets to create this square. For the square itself, i used over 16.000 parts for tiling, trees and benches!

Enjoy my HD YouTube video, that i made last week and get inspired!:

But you don't have Assembly Square in there! ;P Beautiful as always, Sjaak

Looks great. I think if you used the 1x1 or green tooth plates attached to jumpers in your tiling around the trees it would look like a few fallen leaves. 

4 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

Looks great. I think if you used the 1x1 or green tooth plates attached to jumpers in your tiling around the trees it would look like a few fallen leaves. 

Thanks, that is a nice idea, never seen fallen leaves in that way... (Maybe that is because i'm not so good at landscaping!)  But it might look pretty good!!

This looks great. One thing I would recommend is to reduce the number of street lamps in some areas, e.g. between Grand Emporium and Parisian Restaurant. Or is your city that dangerous at night that such an overabundance of street lights is necessary to guarantee the safety of its inhabitants?

22 minutes ago, Dazz said:

This looks great. One thing I would recommend is to reduce the number of street lamps in some areas, e.g. between Grand Emporium and Parisian Restaurant. Or is your city that dangerous at night that such an overabundance of street lights is necessary to guarantee the safety of its inhabitants?

From this perspective it looks that there are a lot of streetlight, but all modulars are at least double the width of a norma modular, where there is one modular for 32 studs. There is only one extra in front of the brown pet-shop building...

I've been seeing pictures of your city square since long before I was a member here and somehow never noticed you have trains around it too. I love the trees (beautiful), flower pots, bike lanes and hand-cart vendors. And the entirely-tiled floor design is epic. 

8 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

I've been seeing pictures of your city square since long before I was a member here and somehow never noticed you have trains around it too. I love the trees (beautiful), flower pots, bike lanes and hand-cart vendors. And the entirely-tiled floor design is epic. 

Thanks!!  The hand-cart vendors (40140) are not my design...they came with one of the modulars...i think it was with the Detective Office.  The trees started small and grew over the years... i added an extra layer of branches and different colored leaves now and then. They look the best seen from above... at minifig level, you can see through the trees a bit too much.. but for this purpose, it is okay!

You can find car-free squares a lot in the Netherlands. It is not a square i've built after an existing one, it is just from my imagination, and also the square has grown over the years..,, everytime when i had to add an extra XL modular, i had to expand the square with 3 baseplates (48x48). I'm not sure if i will make the square bigger in the future, maybe i'll make some kind of small and narrow street next to the square, at the left side... I'll have to find a solution for the track then....however, the trainstation is not the most necessary part of the square. I've been thinking of a newspaper-stand for a long time, but cannot succeed in building a nice one.. i also want a foodtruck, but from what i've heared, there is a pizza-van coming up in the City range next year! So i'll wait for that.. and else a modded Ice-cream truck from the Lego movie...

Awesome @LegoSjaak. VERY impressive!

Feel free to have a look at my layout if you have time...; www.instagram.com/chilis_no

I don`t know how to post pictures here at EB... :blush:

14 minutes ago, Chilis said:

Feel free to have a look at my layout if you have time...; www.instagram.com/chilis_no

I just sent you a private message. I hope it helps.

Nice city!

by the way: www.instagram.com/Chilis_no works as a link

1 hour ago, Chilis said:

Your city of lights is very impressive too...it somehow made me think of the 'Sacre Coeur' in Paris!!!

Awesome! ?

I realy like all the extra details in the square that you've put to together and of course the modulars themselves.

Keep it up!

The lego fan.

Edited by The lego fan

4 hours ago, Johan the Yellowhead said:

Wonderful! Truly marvelous. I'm wondering, Sjaak, what dimensions does your table have?

Thanks Johan!  The whole layout stands on a surface of 92.160 studs, or 384x240 studs. Total pieces used, about 80.000. with the exception of the first three modulars, all XL-buildings are made from two original sets, with some extra parts. The square is tiled with about 15.000 tiles, mainly 2x2 in Tan and Dark Tan. Here and there are Dark Red tiles used around trees

Now I know why tan and dark tan tiles have become so expensive... :-)

It is very interesting and massive but unfortunately I still prefer to look at the modular buildings in their original sizes. This very same city square with more variety of modular buildings would look nicer to me. All I would do is, as new modular buildings are released by Lego, I would reduce the size of one doubled building to its original 32x32 size, and make room for the new one, also at 32x32 (although the newest one, to be released yet, is, I think, 32x48.

8 hours ago, Vee said:

Now I know why tan and dark tan tiles have become so expensive... :-)

It is very interesting and massive but unfortunately I still prefer to look at the modular buildings in their original sizes. This very same city square with more variety of modular buildings would look nicer to me. All I would do is, as new modular buildings are released by Lego, I would reduce the size of one doubled building to its original 32x32 size, and make room for the new one, also at 32x32 (although the newest one, to be released yet, is, I think, 32x48.

Thanx, and indeed the dark tan 2x2 tiles are pretty expensive!!  Reason was to make XL-versions, is that i already saw a lot of set-ups and layout with Original Modular sets.. I just wanted to give the buildings a personal touch by expanding them in the way i wanted. I will do the same with the new 10255 Assembly Square! It is just a matter of preference! 

Wow! The scale of your city is really impressive with the expanded modulars. Would love see an outdoor concert venue in the square! hint hint :wink: Nicely done!

On ‎28‎-‎11‎-‎2016 at 7:16 PM, Fabulandlover said:

Now that I have the Parisian restaurant and my old Lego cleaned, I am going to make a nice square/park myself. Getting some inspiration here :)

it would be an honour if you get any inspiration from my square!!