Sign in to follow this  
Toltomeja

Toltobury Wharf

Probably my biggest MOC so far (3x4 BP). After a few years of building, this was meant to sum up all the experience I’ve got so far. And the bricks that I’ve gathered of course. ;)

30404260435_8383326afe.jpg

Primarily inspired by Anno 1404 game, but the build soon began to grow and evolve its style. Starting with every house being completely different, the style later became more uniform (mainly white, brown and MdDkFlesh).
Thanks for your support during the WIP stage. The awareness of someone waiting for the pictures is the best motivation I can imagine!

30404261055_eeddb74f8a_q.jpg30368156746_ff7b797666_q.jpg30107032500_fdbf81a51f_q.jpg
30404262865_384c2a6c84_q.jpg30318189241_a2cd0c64c1_q.jpg30287629192_e245760594_q.jpg

Much more pics: http://www.flickr.com/gp/toltomeja/39C5R2

Hope you’ll like it!

Edited by Toltomeja

Very nice wharf, Toltomeja!

There are so many details in this MOC!  I particularly like the building roof techniques, the peeling plaster, the round stonework, the small boat, the trees and foliage, the cranes, the water, the arches and walls, basically everything is well-detailed!

MOCs this large must take time and effort to complete, and I am glad you put forth the effort to share this with us!

Magnificent! One of the things I like so much about this layout, is the off the grid angle of most buildings :thumbup:

I really enjoyed your creation, especially the WIP photos. It gives me an insight into how things are achieved. I am inspired by many other MOCs here and hope to acquire enough parts to try one myself. My one question about your project was how did you attach the baseplates over top of the under structure frame for the buildings?

On 21.10.2016 at 4:36 PM, Wodanis said:

My one question about your project was how did you attach the baseplates over top of the under structure frame for the buildings?

If I understand the question right:

If you place a baseplate on top of a studded surface, the height is exactly one plate (you can check it!). So the baseplates are not attached from below - just connected with some plates that are next to them.

I didn't think to calculate the studs on top! I will have to try it out. Thank you for answering my question. It should make it easier to use baseplates that way.