Rick

10255 Assembly Square

10255 Assembly Square

30262353132_26c7ac2ac6_b.jpg

10255 Assembly Square

Ages 16+.  4,002 pieces.

US $279.99 - CA $329.99 - DE 239.99€ - UK £169.99 - DK 2099.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country.  Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Celebrate ten years of Modular Building with the Assembly Square!

Take a trip to the amazing Assembly Square, developed to celebrate ten years of LEGO® Modular Buildings, featuring a wealth of unsurpassed, intricate details and hidden surprises. Easy-to-remove building sections provide access to the highly detailed interior, comprising a ground level with a bakery, florist’s shop and café, a middle level with a music store, photo studio and dental office, and an upper-level dance studio and apartment with access to a rooftop terrace with barbecue. The exterior of the building features a detailed sidewalk with outdoor café furniture, fountain, streetlamps and a highly elaborate facade with beautifully detailed windows and doors, three buildable shop signs, spired tower and a decorative roofline. Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO Creator Expert Modular Building series 10243 Parisian Restaurant, 10246 Detective’s Office and 10251 Brick Bank. Includes eight minifigures and a baby figure.

·         Includes eight minifigures: a dentist, barista, baker, florist, music store assistant, dancer, photographer and a LEGO® fan, plus a baby figure.

·         The three-level Assembly Square features an authentic, elaborate facade with detailed windows and doors, three buildable shop signs, spired tower, decorative roofline and a rooftop terrace, plus a detailed tiled sidewalk with a fountain, outdoor café furniture and two streetlamps. The highly detailed interior includes a bakery, florist’s shop, café, music store, photo studio, dental office, apartment and a dance studio.

·         Ground level features a bakery with counter, cash register, shelves, opening oven, wedding cake and assorted buildable pastries and treats; a florist’s shop with counter, cash register, garden tools, flower arrangements, bouquets and a blue and yellow macaw parrot element; and a café with espresso machine, counter, bench seating and pie elements.

·         Middle level features a music store with a buildable drum set, two guitars and saxophone element; photo studio with buildable classic camera and adjustable tripod; and a dental office with buildable reclining chair, waiting area, telephone and a sink.

·         Upper level features a dance studio with buildable piano and reflective mirror element; an apartment with buildable foldout sofa bed, detailed kitchen, toilet, micro LEGO® train, modular buildings and Eiffel Tower, and access to a rooftop terrace with buildable barbecue, table and a neglected plant.

·         Accessory elements include a ballerina skirt, Chihuahua, pretzel, ornamental chicken and candy. Also includes a buildable telephone, grill, baby carriage and buildable lamps.

·         Remove the building sections to access the detailed interior.

·         Adjust the camera tripod and take photos all around the square.

·         Recline the dentist chair and reveal those pearly whites!

·         Open the oven door to remove your freshly-baked pastries.

·         Fold out the sofa bed and relax while you admire your modular buildings collection!

·         Celebrate Modular Buildings with this awesome 10th anniversary LEGO® Creator Expert set!

·         This set offers an age-appropriate build and play experience for ages 16+.

·         New decorated elements include a dentist torso, dentist window and 2x3 tile with the 10182 Café Corner box front.

·         Includes lots of curved and corner angle tiles, garage doors used as box windows and LEGO® Technic excavator scoops used as roofing elements.

·         Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Building series 10243 Parisian Restaurant, 10246 Detective’s Office and 10251 Brick Bank.

·         Measures over 13” (35cm) high, 14” (38cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
January 1, 2017 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone

All images (including even higher resolution versions) are also available on flickr.

29747265053_5962fd1994_b.jpg

30292720191_3cf952cc88_b.jpg

30343265386_bb654981a1_b.jpg

30292726231_e8e29d9b35_b.jpg

30343264946_cbeea7f95d_b.jpg

29748265844_c2c24289aa_b.jpg

30262352452_0ce9b1c4b0_b.jpg

30292725971_d330a381c8_b.jpg

30262358592_e53f50d1cc_b.jpg

30343264556_dd55c4d230_b.jpg

30262358382_1e6de7cedd_b.jpg

29748274814_58fb181c48_b.jpg

30262358092_0d0d5fdc21_b.jpg

29748274974_73a83ac4d0_b.jpg

30262357902_dfae3b613c_b.jpg

30262357732_c960492460_b.jpg

30262357562_eddf4b85a9_b.jpg

29747269273_6b141d170c_b.jpg

30262357362_b03784d951_b.jpg

30262357242_7f012f4877_b.jpg

30081722970_b43943c385_b.jpg

30343263036_589e70c827_b.jpg

30262356562_72742e3ddb_b.jpg

30262356052_bbb71eec77_b.jpg

References to Past Modular Buildings

Spoiler

10182 Café Corner

-          Café on corner of plaza w/coffee mug sign

-          Yellow and white striped awnings

-          Micro version of CC on apartment shelf

-          Printed tile to represent CC Box

-          Corner door built using turntables

-          Cherries in trash

-          Green Baseplates

10190 Market Street

-          Micro version of MS on apartment shelf

-          Bakery is linked to croissant sign from MS

10185 Green Grocer

-          Micro version of GG on apartment shelf

-          Rooftop BBQ

-          Sand Green color of mid-building

-          Updated baby pram (now including baby!)

10197 Fire Brigade

-          Rooftop door access

-          Kitchen in apartment

10211 Grand Emporium

-          Detailing around roof above Dance Studio

-          Wedding cake to go with wedding outfits in GE Window

10218 Pet Shop

-          Parrot in flower shop & Chihuahua

-          Sand Blue color of Music/Dance Studios

-          Windows for Music/Dance Studios shared with PS

10224 Town Hall

-          Tower roof style shared with TH

-          Wedding cake for married couple in TH

-          Flower shop for married couple in TH

10232 Palace Cinema

-          Center of pattern in front of Cafe shared with PC

-          Vertical line wall texture from PC is used for interior of Music/Dance studios

10243 Parisian Restaurant

-          Black roof of middle building in similar style to PR

-          White Croissants in Bakery

-          Fold out sofa similar to fold down bed

-          Greenery on pergola between café and flower shop

10264 Detective’s Office

-          Mirror

-          Candy/cookie source is Pastry Shop

-          Nougat color of Dentist office

10251 Brick Bank

-          Portrait of Bank Manager in photo studio

-          Trans-Green and clear glass in Flower Shop

Designer video

29748417494_eabe786daf_b.jpg

TLG has just announced the new Modular Building on its Facebook page.

I like it, much better than DO to me which is a bit similar, and better than bank, interesting the back shows it next to those two but none of the others, I feel it is still a bit short, but there is tons of detail to make up the piece count. Pricey but 4000 pieces make it on par with Big Ben, lots of new stuff to be excited about, great little fountain in the middle.  Time to start saving

Edited by Herky

Wow, what a crazy design!!!  4000 pieces!  (Nearly the same price/piece ratio as the OG Cafe Corner)  I can see people wanting to mod these 3 buildings into proper 32x32 modulars. But I would imagine it would be harder to buy 2 right off the bat (would be a month's rent in some places).

I should save money for one (or three)

Lots of nice details, parts, and a fairly large set.  I am not crazy about the apparent inability to separate the two structures on the right in the spirit of Pet Shop.  Will probably try to save up for it sometime in 2017, but not in a big hurry.  It looks like they revisited concepts from each of the prior modulars.  

I guess Jamie answered an ages old question--indeed Market Street is part of the series (runs for cover)

I think it looks awesome. Although those comments from "Lego store employees" that it is truly modular are clearly nonsense.

I'm impressed at how much they've squeezed in. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is that the florist building looks a bit small.

Just now, AFOLguy1970 said:

Lots of nice details, parts, and a fairly large set.  I am not crazy about the apparent inability to separate the two structures on the right in the spirit of Pet Shop.  Will probably try to save up for it sometime in 2017, but not in a big hurry.  It looks like they revisited concepts from each of the prior modulars.  

I guess Jamie answered an ages old question--indeed Market Street is part of the series (runs for cover)

Yes, clears that up and adds a pricey set for me to look for if I want to complete the whole set, glad that is put to rest now.  Seems to have been a question forever.

What's up with the Designer video? It cuts out for me before he is even finished speaking.

Never mind. I found the full video at 

Edited by lomis
Added YouTube video

Just now, lomis said:

What's up with the Designer video? It cuts out for me before he is even finished speaking.

I think someone ripped it from elsewhere and uploaded it to Flickr. It isn't the original

The video is incomplete :(

nevermind, Lomis found the full one! Thanks!

at the end of the video, when Jamie "hugs" this new one, you can really see how big this is!! :)

Edited by redtrooper27

I think it looks great, the number of references is amazing and there's lots going on and nothing is left empty. :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

This is all i wanted... really so great!!   I'm really very happy to see it is such a wonderful set!

It truly is!! :)

now we all wait to see your photoshopped and real life XL versions!!! ;)

Just now, Herky said:

Yes, clears that up and adds a pricey set for me to look for if I want to complete the whole set, glad that is put to rest now.  Seems to have been a question forever.

I thought that question was already answered when they released the mini-modulars set

This verifies some of the earlier comments about this potentially being an "inverted" corner as that is essentially what is done with the large building on the right (bakery and florist shop create inverted corner).

I think people have been wanting a wall of shops and this certainly delivers that. I'm glad they still have stairs to every floor and not rely on teleportation, but all the shops do have to share stairs and doors. It does seem very cramp and I'm afraid I'm going to destroy something whenever I need to reach in.

Someone get with the photoshop so we can figure out which modulars looks best connected to this.

Edited by badbob001

24 minutes ago, lomis said:

23 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

I think someone ripped it from elsewhere and uploaded it to Flickr. It isn't the original

It is the original video, but apparently Flickr has a three minute limit for videos. I replaced the video with the one TLG's YouTube channel.

Jaime Berard is by far, in my opinion, the best LEGO designer.  Everything he touches looks great (COUGH Emerald Night COUGH). 

Of course I will buy it, in duplicate at least. 

That said, I think this building doesn't really add  much to the overall theme.  I think they are running out of ideas (though I've seen pretty original ideas from AFOLs).   This might be the swansong of the Cafe Corner series.   It would not surprise me if they announce the end of the series after this set.