Borex

Compatible Minifigures Discussion.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:27 AM, Borex said:

Saw that the printing on the first series (with meteorite) is rubbish. I hope that won’t be the case with the  rest of the bunch

It's one store put real photos up. Pogo is pushing figs with this printing now for some reason

Yeah, it sucks. There are definitely a few figs that i really want (especially the more comic minded ones), and i do not expect to see them another time. But sadly i think i might just skip those figs because i hate that kind of printing. 

I hope the bigfigs will be great though. (Maybe i use that juggernaut for a custom Arsenal -> a villain from the avengers)

I don't like the bad printing either but I guess it doesn't matter right now because the figure selection isn't that amazing. I'm tires of all the nightwing,  publishers, batman, iron man, and captain America. Give us crimson dynamo, huntress, or something. Lego even has parts to make a mach 5 figure now.

On 2-6-2018 at 9:01 PM, bbquicksilver said:

I don't like the bad printing either but I guess it doesn't matter right now because the figure selection isn't that amazing. I'm tires of all the nightwing,  publishers, batman, iron man, and captain America. Give us crimson dynamo, huntress, or something. Lego even has parts to make a mach 5 figure now.

comic Valkyrie, Mockingbird, Meteorite, Peter Parker with spiderman-man mask (a printed cap), Exodus, !Firebird!, comic Gorgon amongst others. I call that a good figure selection. Too bad Pogo is going to mess these up with that rubbish printing.

I'm not interested in all those batmen, iron men and rehashes of cap America as well (heck even all the spiderverse figs don't do anything for me) either.

9 hours ago, Borex said:

comic Valkyrie, Mockingbird, Meteorite, Peter Parker with spiderman-man mask (a printed cap), Exodus, !Firebird!, comic Gorgon amongst others. I call that a good figure selection. Too bad Pogo is going to mess these up with that rubbish printing.

It is but it's too random. It's making collecting so hard when combined with the quality aspect. Like I don't know if I should buy this meteorite so I can make the thundebolts or maybe I should wait for another company to print her. Then her and fixers prints will be off because fixers print is decent and clean. Also should I even get her because maybe they won't release the other thunderbolt? It's a hobby that's not too expensive, but the way they release these figs makes it a little more difficult. Another thing, who wanted exodus when we still need improvements on many of the x men. Gambit, archangel, Angel, and beast. They all need reworks.

13 hours ago, bbquicksilver said:

It is but it's too random. It's making collecting so hard when combined with the quality aspect. Like I don't know if I should buy this meteorite so I can make the thundebolts or maybe I should wait for another company to print her. Then her and fixers prints will be off because fixers print is decent and clean. Also should I even get her because maybe they won't release the other thunderbolt? It's a hobby that's not too expensive, but the way they release these figs makes it a little more difficult. Another thing, who wanted exodus when we still need improvements on many of the x men. Gambit, archangel, Angel, and beast. They all need reworks.

Preach. I mean how hard must it be to make a good Iceman? 

I have three thoughts about the random choices; ór the bootleggers just don’t know anything about superheroes and the group rosters that they come in, ór the bootleggers have some sort of poll on some website in chinese where fanboys and girls can vote for which figs they produce, ór the bootleggers work together with the likes of engineerio and leyilebricks and only produce some of their figs, so to complete a group/team whatsoever you have to buy from the customiser. Man, i just don’t know. I just don’t get it. 

I mean we have Piledriver and Bulldozer for a year maybe and we just got Wrecker last month or so and we still need Thunderball. 

We need more classic avengers, more x-men (and x-family), and we need a lot more villains. 

Sometimes i wish that i knew the guys from sy or xinh so i could give them designs that make sense lol. 

I also would love to see the Mos Eisley Cantina characters done by Engineerio. Xinh did Ponda Baba, but i would love to see the two versions of Snaggletooth as well. They are really spot on. 

5 hours ago, Borex said:

Preach. I mean how hard must it be to make a good Iceman? 

I have three thoughts about the random choices; ór the bootleggers just don’t know anything about superheroes and the group rosters that they come in, ór the bootleggers have some sort of poll on some website in chinese where fanboys and girls can vote for which figs they produce, ór the bootleggers work together with the likes of engineerio and leyilebricks and only produce some of their figs, so to complete a group/team whatsoever you have to buy from the customiser. Man, i just don’t know. I just don’t get it. 

Omg yeah, iceman isn't even niche and there isn't a good one of him.

I find your conspiracy funny, but it might be true because some of these figures have amazing prints while other figures are straight cheap. Like we don't give a shit people will buy it anyways level. Then the randomness, I know some little Chinese kids aren't waiting at the edge of their seat for exodus. So I don't know who is advising them, but that dude is not really about the fans or making money.

I made a pretty decent Iceman using plain white legs, the face of Purple Man and the torso of one of those alien prometheus figs. Add a webshooter thingy from spiderman as a snowball and you have a pretty decent Iceman

TBH I haven't got a clue who a lot of the figures currently being released are. I guess I'm a bronze/silver age kid at heart. Unfortunately I have to keep buying them just to catalogue them.

Meanwhile we're all still waiting for a chrome Silver Surfer...

14 hours ago, wickedlemon said:

TBH I haven't got a clue who a lot of the figures currently being released are. I guess I'm a bronze/silver age kid at heart. Unfortunately I have to keep buying them just to catalogue them.

Meanwhile we're all still waiting for a chrome Silver Surfer...

We all love your site, but you don’t need to buy everything just to cataloque them. Just pictures will suffice. Just buy the ones you like :-)

a chrome Silver Surfer. There was a time i thought we would get him. I let that dream fly away a long time ago :-(

On 6/8/2018 at 5:42 PM, Borex said:

I made a pretty decent Iceman using plain white legs, the face of Purple Man and the torso of one of those alien prometheus figs. Add a webshooter thingy from spiderman as a snowball and you have a pretty decent Iceman

Do you have any pics?

12 hours ago, bbquicksilver said:

Do you have any pics?

Well i tried to link the picture but it won't do it. So i'll try to link it instead

https://ibb.co/guFmFJ

I only want to get rid of his printed chin and build a snowy/icy 'ride' that he always uses. I like the fact he looks stern.

Edited by Borex

On 6/12/2018 at 8:24 AM, Borex said:

I only want to get rid of his printed chin and build a snowy/icy 'ride' that he always uses. I like the fact he looks stern.

That looks like a good stand in until a better one gets printed if ever. Funny story, I use the lego electro as a stand in for iceman. I like the transluceant parts. 

Ps that mean grey is amazing and I wish I was able to get a hold of that copy.

On 6/15/2018 at 8:31 AM, bbquicksilver said:

That looks like a good stand in until a better one gets printed if ever. Funny story, I use the lego electro as a stand in for iceman. I like the transluceant parts. 

Ps that mean grey is amazing and I wish I was able to get a hold of that copy.

I used to have a translucent Ice-man, but it didn't really work on me. It was lightbluish like Electro, but i think i should have made him more like the invisible woman. I didn't have a good head in cleartranslucent for him sadly.

That Grey was one of SY earlier building sets i believe. Maybe you can still find sellers/resellers on ebay or something?

On 6/15/2018 at 10:33 AM, Robianco said:

Is there a head for Mr Freeze in white that would work? 

But hasn't he goggles? Aren't you satisfied with the lego ones?

1 hour ago, Borex said:

But hasn't he goggles? Aren't you satisfied with the lego ones?

I meant as a white head for the Iceman figure. Wasn't there a design without goggles that was in the Super Heroes line?

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

I meant as a white head for the Iceman figure. Wasn't there a design without goggles that was in the Super Heroes line?

Oh i didn't find any. Strange, right? I can't recall if i had looked for it that good (i didn't went through all the minifig heads on bricklink) but i saw these and i immediately thought of Iceman. If there is a standard minifig face (the happy one) on a white head, then that would be a good option for a more funmaking Iceman too.

For those who got WM333... are the printsin the torso as bad as they look?

HTB1s7lpj4TI8KJjSspiq6zM4FXag.jpg

Edited by Moyalmas

My only worry about those two Batman figures are they look like images of customisers figures (I think Red Son is UG Minifugures and Knightmare looks like OLS)

8 hours ago, Robianco said:

My only worry about those two Batman figures are they look like images of customisers figures (I think Red Son is UG Minifugures and Knightmare looks like OLS)

You're right... but red son hat should have a black (or red) dot, to simbolize the russian symbol (like the original, down blellow), bout i can only spot a "blank" dot...

3b4b2dac83d4b16bf81527198268d789.jpg

About the other one (Nightmare): i got one a few months ago (can't remember the brand), but he's very diferent from this one.

But i understand what you mean ;)