Staslegomaster

the most recognizable old mini figures

Hi, this time II'd like to show some old mini figures from different series. And then I'll wait for you opinion and pictures. I hope you like the idea. I think they are:the 1) LEGO king, a princess, ablack falken knight (Knights series). 2) captain with brown epaulets, a girl-pirate, abluecoat admiral, a redcoat admiral (Pirates) 3) Kahuka,an islander girl, Achu-the jungle ruler (islanders) 4)shogun, ninja-master, green ninja princess (ninja) 5)all the ninja and sensei Wu as DXsuit , general Pythor (ninjago) 6) queen Amidala in her best clothes and those whome you see below. And what is your vertion of a list?

knight+of+the+old+republic+sith.jpg

bad guys

ef55f637d236e8e5ba6f27275aabf340.jpg

images.jpg

images.jpg

Edited by Staslegomaster
nice lady, Her Royal Majesty. She reminds of the Chinese queen Ci Se

I think there are different definitions of "old" Minifigures. :wink:

Here are my favourites:

Fireman from 1978:

edntlm4i.jpg

He´s one of the first real Minifigures ever made.

Please note the stickered Torso instead of printed ones since 1979.

Lego Space Minifigures:

fp6mxo78.jpg

There were five colors available from 1978 to 1986.

11 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Those helmets in the back, are they made by LEGO? They look like Spartan/Halo helmets from a third-party like Brickarms.

Sorry,I'm not sure. I'll check in my famous LEGO mini figure year. A visual history.

On 13.10.2016 at 3:55 AM, JopieK said:

@Mellow: exactly my thoughts. 

I meant the most beautiful mini figures          I think this issensei Wu's great-grandfather. But Merlin's beard doesn't suit him very much.

cas051.jpg

Edited by Staslegomaster

On 12.08.2016 at 10:19 PM, LOTR34 said:

Swamps and samurais?? Count me in!!!

Hats and helmets make LEgo min figures recognizable in many cases.They help to recognize the country and epoch.In this case  it's the golden decoration on the shogun's helmet. Such a pity modern ninjago's  golden fish tails looking at each other on the helmets are changed by bones and ugly bones (It's my opinion).

s-l225.jpg

Edited by Staslegomaster

2 hours ago, Staslegomaster said:

I meant the most beautiful mini figures

Maybe you can adjust the thread title, then? I don't recognize any of those minifigs from the first post... so to me, they are neither recognizable nor old... on the other hand, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder :classic:

The ones in the first picture of just customs. For example, one of them has the Harry Potter Lucius Malfoy / Death Eater head, SW torso, etc. Also the Royal Guard headgear seems to have been painted. It is way too shiny.

Most figures are recognizable if you know the source. I don't find any of the ninjago ones recognizable as I don't watch the TV series or play with the sets. I know they are ninjago, but I couldn't tell you who they are. The same will be true of SW. If someone doesn't follow the franchise, they are unlikely to know who minor characters are but might know key characters as they enter popular culture. For example, Darth Vader might be highly recognizable even if you have never seen the films, but General Veers less so.

20 minutes ago, MAB said:

The ones in the first picture of just customs. For example, one of them has the Harry Potter Lucius Malfoy / Death Eater head, SW torso, etc. Also the Royal Guard headgear seems to have been painted. It is way too shiny.

Most figures are recognizable if you know the source. I don't find any of the ninjago ones recognizable as I don't watch the TV series or play with the sets. I know they are ninjago, but I couldn't tell you who they are. The same will be true of SW. If someone doesn't follow the franchise, they are unlikely to know who minor characters are but might know key characters as they enter popular culture. For example, Darth Vader might be highly recognizable even if you have never seen the films, but General Veers less so.

You're right, some characters are so popular-they are recognized even by those who don't know their story. But I hope to show here all the nicestcharacters of our favourite LEGO series.

Theoden in his armour has to be my favourite. Perfect level of detail without going to far and looking non-lego like.

lor021.png

I feel really old now.

I remember the first minifigures that didn't have arms or faces

14512_1213740867548_150_120.jpg

Still have a couple

13 hours ago, MAB said:

Theoden in his armour has to be my favourite. Perfect level of detail without going to far and looking non-lego like.

lor021.png

The level of details is really perfect

On 15.10.2016 at 11:10 AM, Criosphynx said:

I feel really old now.

I remember the first minifigures that didn't have arms or faces

14512_1213740867548_150_120.jpg

Still have a couple

You say you're really old now -as old as a Sphynx?! Which is your favourite pirate mini figure? My oldest mini figure has neither legs nor arms but it has face and a hairpiece.

Pythor is the most beautiful ninjago snake, that's why it's among my mini figures.Every hero needs an enemy.   Please find Pythor's picture above. Sorry.

I don't really have a favorite pirate fig, BUT I have tons of them, and I like the ones with the little peg legs the best.

I have a couple ninjago snake figs, I don't really collect figs, but I think they are awesome!

5 hours ago, Criosphynx said:

I don't really have a favorite pirate fig, BUT I have tons of them, and I like the ones with the little peg legs the best.

I have a couple ninjago snake figs, I don't really collect figs, but I think they are awesome!

Will you show us your oldest peg legs pirate mini figures, please and your most awesome ninjago. Perhaps you've got a female bluecoat pirate (it wears a green coat). By the way, do you remember set numbers with redcoat admiral and blackcoat admirals?

This is Kahuka, the most recognizable islander, perhaps thanks to his red totem mask. He is called King but I would rather call him a  witch doctor.  And Achu, the Ruler, can be called a King. LEGO minifigures Encyclopedia wrights there are lots of kings but others were just warming Achu's throne.

Edited by Staslegomaster

On 12.10.2016 at 11:40 PM, badbob001 said:

Those helmets in the back, are they made by LEGO? They look like Spartan/Halo helmets from a third-party like Brickarms.

Sorry for a late reply. I can be mistaken but I saw the first brother (Imperial Inquisition) has a similar helmet the latest LEGO catalogue.

On 13.10.2016 at 10:27 PM, Capparezza said:

Maybe you can adjust the thread title, then? I don't recognize any of those minifigs from the first post... so to me, they are neither recognizable nor old... on the other hand, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder :classic:    these are Star Wars characters - Imperial  inquisitors, Palpatin, D. Moll etc. As for beauty, I just like face print of D. Moll. Which minifigure would you loke to add?

Sorry for a delayed reply. I have to uoload 4 more pirate minifigures, 3 islanders and some knights. But I've got some technical problems now. Though their datasize is as before. Perhaps moderators or fans have good pictures of these minifigures/ And anew list is welcome.

On 13.10.2016 at 3:55 AM, JopieK said:

@Mellow: exactly my thoughts. 

On October 13, 2016 at 4:01 AM, Staslegomaster said:

Hats and helmets make LEgo min figures recognizable in many cases.They help to recognize the country and epoch.In this case  it's the golden decoration on the shogun's helmet. Such a pity modern ninjago's  golden fish tails looking at each other on the helmets are changed by bones and ugly bones (It's my opinion).

s-l225.jpg

I love the original Ninjas (non ninjago). I have so many of those sets.

Some of the more recognizable old minifigs in my collection, (a few need a bit of dust removal) I love the rail yard worker and firefighter with printed helmet:

30321741150_1a72f9fed3_c.jpg

17 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Some of the more recognizable old minifigs in my collection, (a few need a bit of dust removal) I love the rail yard worker and firefighter with printed helmet:

I have all the3 minifigures and I recognise the background - that sphynx is a pearl of my collection. Do you have  pictures of Achu, bluecoat and redcoat admirals?