The Librarian

Transformers: Generation Brick

So I have been building Lego Transformers since I was about twelve and first read some Transformers fiction (thank you, wonderful Ladybird books!). I'd say I've come a long, long way since first building gun-form Megatron.

I've got dozens of the things clogging up my shelves at the moment, some of which I've had built up for a couple of years now. Unfortunately, I've not go around to photographing many of them, mainly due to the need to get consistent shots of both robot and vehicular forms. Hopefully over the coming weeks, this will change. They are a wild mix of types now but I started off building Micromasters with the intention that they all be roughly in scale with minifigures.

First up, though about fourth built, is Roadhandler. I am immensely pleased with him because, despite the slightly gappy car mode, he was the first time I actually managed to construct a car-from Transformer that was anywhere near minifig scale.

29949989810_2a3cdd1394_b.jpgUniversal feather-weight champion! by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

The next one (built far more recently) is a character roughly of my own invention (though he steals a name from an existing Autobot) who was based on . . . well, I'll let you guess that.

29949984490_cdccae6c59_b.jpgThose mean machines . . . by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

The faction stickers are by Reprolabels.

Enjoy! And do check back again later - I have many more to show off.

Edited by The Librarian

And a few more:

Countdown, Hubs, Ironworks and Tailwind: all existing characters.

29759091113_c55a45691b_b.jpgIntergalactic space crusader! by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

30354891006_f285b2093b_b.jpgTurbo revving punk! by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

30274428262_e918637b45_b.jpgStrong silent type by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

30304894171_c64e20d248_b.jpgIt's an ill wind . . . by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

And a Duocon character I came up with years ago . . . not sure this model bears any resemblance to the original though.

30304889571_031b702a9e_b.jpgA bounder and a cad . . . by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Awesome! I myself are a fan of transformers and legoformers, and these guys really works on me. Among all, meangun and ironworks are my favorite. Good job!

1 hour ago, The Librarian said:

Thanks chaps!

A couple more:

Stormcloud . . . (and yes, he's a very small Vic Viper) . . .

30224158850_91bf098fba_b.jpgThe poor mech's Starscream by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

. . . and Punch/Counterpunch

29889447463_e10790b8e0_b.jpgSpy vs double spy . . . by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Awesome! Liking that punch/counterpunch! Although i kinda hope the alt mode is earth car, or has wheels at least.

8 hours ago, The Librarian said:

Try now - I had to replace the image after I'd uploaded it, guess the old one cached itself somewhere.

Just did. whisper is my new favourite now. love the way you make the wing into arms. is it inspired from prime soudwave?

On 28/11/2016 at 11:45 PM, The Librarian said:

That bludgeon is freakin' badass! Good job incorporating working tank tread on there also.

And, is that machine wars starscream? Oh wow. I never saw a machine wars legoformers before, so seeing it now is a very pleasant surprise.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Fantastic stuff. Big fan of the original Transformers. Your LEGO versions are awesome. So much detail at such a small scale. 

Cheers!

Had hoped to get more of these photographed by now but December in the South of England is not conducive to steady sunshine.

So just three more for now:

31416425000_ece1e149d1_b.jpgSerious bot is serious by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

31788939605_305c942c2e_b.jpgLet's go crazy! by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

31788944245_f162c65028_b.jpgWHAT INDOOR VOICE? by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Siren is a hovercar basically because I wanted to save on wheels. Can't say it didn't make him easier to build though!

I've also added some instructions on how to build your own Rodimus Prime to my flickr stream, so do check those out if you're interested.

Enjoy - and happy end of year if I don't miraculously get enough light in the coming days to post some more.

On 22/12/2016 at 8:49 AM, The Librarian said:

Cheers!

Had hoped to get more of these photographed by now but December in the South of England is not conducive to steady sunshine.

So just three more for now:

Serious bot is serious by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Let's go crazy! by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

WHAT INDOOR VOICE? by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Siren is a hovercar basically because I wanted to save on wheels. Can't say it didn't make him easier to build though!

I've also added some instructions on how to build your own Rodimus Prime to my flickr stream, so do check those out if you're interested.

Enjoy - and happy end of year if I don't miraculously get enough light in the coming days to post some more.

Awesome as usual! I like both siren and prowl here, they look clean. And, instruction? Wow i need to check it out later

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Holy cow!  The first couple were solid, and they just kept getting better and better as I scrolled.  I LOVE that Bigshot, one of my favorite Micromasters.

Can't beive I haven't comented on this before. All of them are really cool but I most like the small ones (Nightbeat, Sideswip and Prowl especially). And the head on Siren look so good.

On 12/22/2016 at 8:49 AM, The Librarian said:

...but December in the South of England is not conducive to steady sunshine.

You should try north (tecnicaly geografically central) Sweden :wink: (but at least the sky is clear the few hours the sun is up)