Sign in to follow this  
eDeevo

mister_phes, this ones for you...

thindexedgif.gif 55b

Look at this little baby (mister_phes, I figured you'd get a kick out of this)...

bild04.jpg

& heres the gallery of pics:

Click Here

It is extremely impressive... it gives me much inspiration for future MOCs... That center mast is HUGE...

Life is Good.

Wow. just.....wow. Thats incredible. It would be fun to know how long it took, how many pieces, etc. That ship is amazing! And the army of minifigs. Just one word to describe it. Wow.

i just saw this thing thismorning and just like centaur said that thing is amazing the size of it the whole ship looks great..wow :()

Just

:() :() :() :() :() :() :() :() :() :() :() :() :() :() :() :() :()

AND

*wub*

(and a clap clap smiley which isn't there)

Look at this little baby (mister_phes, I figured you'd get a kick out of this)...

It is extremely impressive... it gives me much inspiration for future MOCs... That center mast is HUGE...

Life is Good.

:() That has to be the most impressive Pirate Ship MOC I've ever seen!!!

Can I come and live with you?

:() That has to be the most impressive Pirate Ship MOC I've ever seen!!!

Can I come and live with you?

I knew you'd get kick out of it...

& probably not, my wife would probably have an issue with that... :-D

Life is Good.

Oh, your wife would be over the moon to have me there. I'll tell you the story of Alice Man and UltraLux in another thread some time...

Anyway, where abouts did you find it? The MOC that is, not your wife...

He found them both on Brickshelf :-D ;) ;) :)

That ship is mighty impressive though, can you imagine how much hard work must of went into making it :oo

Yes I can... It takes me 10 hours to build a Skulls Eye Schooner with the instructions... It'd take me years to make something like that.

This jumps to 2nd best pirate ship I've ever seen! Lego had one in its 'bricks and pieces mag' in England 92ish by a master builder and it was a beaut. Have to hunt down a pic...

God Bless,

Nathan

Ah, yes, the great Spanish Galleon! I thought I'd resurrect this beauty for the advantage of other cabin boys around these parts. This is the pinnacle of every pirate's dream! To build the biggest, baddest ship before they die! If'n ye can't, then it's better ye saw one at the very least!

This jumps to 2nd best pirate ship I've ever seen! Lego had one in its 'bricks and pieces mag' in England 92ish by a master builder and it was a beaut. Have to hunt down a pic...
best MOC ??? or best EVER, including official lego releases ??? im mean, the BSB is a master piece... and just being BIG doesn't make a ship the best.

i think the overall visual appeal on this MOC is certainly weaker than either the BSB or SES.

however, massive props go the builder/builders of this MOC, size is impressive... that much is true.

- BM

Is this the ship you were referring to in the other thread Mr Syedow?

Yep, I love this baby. There's nothing like a good brick built vessel. I'd start right away with one if I had the pieces. A considerably larger effort is required in these massive undertakings, which is why I always admire them, even if the results are anti-climatic. (A thread not long ago comes to mind when another brick built sea fairing vessel rather under whelmed people.) The sheer detail of the galleon is something to admire alone. Sure, if the moccer had made a huge figless ship that would've been exquisite. The fact that he/she went all the way and accomplished this dauntless task is worthy a medal I daresay!

*y* *y* From Mister Syedow!

I can see how much work went into this ship, and I am trying really hard to like it, but it is just way too big. I know Galleons are massive, but this is too big for a lego ship in my mind. The playability of TLG ships, and other MOCs, combined with good looks, make for a better ship IMHO. I would think access to the lower decks on this MOC is very, VERY limited, and for me it loses a lot of what makes Lego, Lego.

Props to the builder, don't get me wrong. This person has serious skill, but I think its too much for lego.

*n* for playability, *y* for the massive amount of bricks, time commitment, and skill for building it.

I can see how much work went into this ship, and I am trying really hard to like it, but it is just way too big. I know Galleons are massive, but this is too big for a lego ship in my mind. The playability of TLG ships, and other MOCs, combined with good looks, make for a better ship IMHO. I would think access to the lower decks on this MOC is very, VERY limited, and for me it loses a lot of what makes Lego, Lego.

Props to the builder, don't get me wrong. This person has serious skill, but I think its too much for lego.

*n* for playability, *y* for the massive amount of bricks, time commitment, and skill for building it.

agreed with all of that jack !!! BTW, i think you bought 6277 from me a couple months back. funny id see you hear on EB !!! :-D

Great ship, but I think it isn't very sturdy, must be heavy, very immpressive! It is too big , look at all those cannons! how much are they?

This is the big ship in that 2006 Frenchen meeting thread, I thought this gallery wasn't posted here yet, but I guess I was wrong. Mr. Tiber, It's problably not very sturdy but it's for display, it's not supposed to be move around so it's doesn't have to be sturdy.

I getting a vibe here that some of you folks are mearly impressed by size alone.

I will admit that it has some very well executed designs;

the nets for shroud bases

the statuaries

the horizontal curve of the hull,

good color scheme minus the sails

but I think it also has some major flaws as well;

The boxy stern gallery

the jagged inward curve of the bow

it's a good effort, but I'm not digging the bow railing.

It's no better or worse than most ships of smaller designs.

The most impressive aspect is the builder's lego budget and endurance.

If it's closely accurate to any real galleon, I wouldnt like the real ship either.

Don't most ships taper inwards toward the upper decks even with a gallery (external balcony)?

Aft-2.jpg

I've found a more similar ship image. Note how the stern gallery is more like a trapezoid than rectangle.

I don't like huge ships you know...but there is an exception...is an huge ship and is very good i like it!

Exactly why is this an exception?