Another good news: the 50 cm extension cable now works as a 2-piece element... But the 20 cm version is still not there, which is not so important I guess.

Some nice new parts, but many of the old issues are still not resolved, which is kind of puzzling. Like the cable of steering servo, cable of large motor.

Also, long time missing crucial elements like PF lights, pneumatic pumps etc are still not added, which makes me doubt if they'll ever be.

Before I update LDD, I have to be sure about just one thing. Is BluePrint still running well?

Does anyone can check it?

3 hours ago, Tracytron said:

Bout time I want updates asap from now on WE LITERALLY WENT LIKE 2 YEARS WITHOUT A *SINGLE* UPDATE AT ONE POINT

There was one a few months ago. 

I am a bit disappointed of this update, i mean, it´s great that we finally got some nice pieces, but not all of them, i think that Lego should have wait until they got all the pieces, it feels like we only got half (or maybe less) of the pieces we would want, we got the 42055 curved racks but not the buckets, we got some panels and connectors from the 42055 but not the tires, we even didn't get the 42056 tires, it looks like this update was mostly for the people of minifigs brands like Town or Train, but only like 2 or 3 parts for Technic, but, if Lego is going to release various updates in a row with the remaining pieces in the near future, i would really appreciate it, because it is easier to download several small updates than one huge one, that is the only thing that i liked about this update.

1 hour ago, CM4Sci said:

There was one a few months ago. 

That's why I said "at one point"

EDIT: that lack of updates just really pissed me off

Edited by Tracytron

New parts are not the only aspect of updates, ya know. I bet there are a load of bugfixes and new connection possibilities that will be uncovered in the next few days.

17 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Oh and 23065 BALL Ø 52 MM, CHARCOAL GREY was removed. (= Ball 52mm Diameter 22119.dat)

I did a check, and luckily it seems to be the only brick that was removed.

14 minutes ago, Chilekesh said:

Another thing: Studs still don't connect to technic holes.

They only connect for single stud (e.g. a 1x1 round brick, 1x1 plate etc) into a single Technic hole. It's the same behavior as previous releases.

1 hour ago, Chilekesh said:

Another thing: Studs still don't connect to technic holes.

Like Superkalle said, it only works for a single stud. 

That's because multiple studs is considered an 'illegal' technique by Lego, because it puts too much stress on the parts. In real life it does work, because you can slightly 'bend' the plastic parts and such, but Lego considers it not up to their quality standards. See this (little dated) document for more information about 'legal' vs 'illegal' (page 11 and 12 for this particular case) :classic:

1 hour ago, legolijntje said:

Like Superkalle said, it only works for a single stud. 

That's because multiple studs is considered an 'illegal' technique by Lego, because it puts too much stress on the parts. In real life it does work, because you can slightly 'bend' the plastic parts and such, but Lego considers it not up to their quality standards. See this (little dated) document for more information about 'legal' vs 'illegal' (page 11 and 12 for this particular case) :classic:

I see, thanks for the information. :)

Nice to see another update. I wonder what they alle have done. It is quite a big update but that many parts. So probably a lot of fixed functionality?

Is anyone else suffering from missing parts once the download and installation has been completed?  The bog-standard minifig torso has completely disappeared from mine, on both normal and extended modes; and in extended there is also a slew of parts that can't be placed into the usual part groups and so end up dumped into default "unplaceable" groupings at the bottom of the parts menu.

There's no sign of the downloads being interrupted at any point during installation, so I'm pretty confused as to how it's managed to screw itself up so thoroughly...

EDIT:  Nevermind, have wiped it and reinstalled from the ground up...

Edited by Blip

5 minutes ago, Square said:

Aww, no new CCBS parts? The life of constraction is really dying...

That's a bit too rushy to say in my opinion. Everyone can find a way to be more creative.

55 minutes ago, ImAChangedMan said:

hello i made a new account and this forum made me join.

i go inspired by he new angled arch piece and i think so crafty Gothic castles could be made.

[image]

That looks terrific actually!

19 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Dual molded legs still don't 100% work and they don't get prints like the arms. 

Speaking of prints I'd be more than happy to go a year without anymore updates if they were to add EVERY piece and EVERY print and for them to give you like a stickers tool or something or so you can create your own print

EDIT: also the only problems I've had with the legs are the colours occasionally glitching

EDIT: although I haven't actually used it since this new update so idk if it's like that now or something

Edited by Tracytron

Eh, I just realized that there’re always complaints about missing Bionicle or Hero Factory or Constraction or whatever, but never about Friends….

47 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Eh, I just realized that there’re always complaints about missing Bionicle or Hero Factory or Constraction or whatever, but never about Friends….

As an Elves fan I would love for mini-doll figures to get added but at this point, with them being absent for so long and LDD only getting small updates that are few and far between, I'm not exactly getting my hopes up.

7 minutes ago, La Chupacabra said:

From what set is that part 23949 (Roof tile 2 x 6 45 deg). Nothing on BL. 

Just Googled Roof Tile 2x6 and no results either.  Maybe it's an unreleased new part?