Capt Wolf

OCTOBERFEST Mini-Challenge -- WINNERS announced

To outsiders it might look like a tense time in Eslandola, what with the attack on the treasure fleet and the war with Mardier, but we also like to party. And that’s why Weelond’s annual Octoberfest celebration goes on as scheduled, featuring drink, food, games and amusements, traditional Eslandolan costumes (?!), drinking (did we mention drinking?), and more. So regardless of where you’re from, come to Weelond and have some fun!

Rules:

• Your entry must showcase an activity at the Weelond Octoberfest.
  • Your entry must be located in Weelond (post in the Weelond settlement thread).
  • You must provide a link to your entry below.
  • You must submit your entry by the 23rd of October, 12:00 PM, your time zone.
  • Your entry must measure no more than 12 studs in width and length.
  • There is no height restriction.
  • Your entry may only have a minimal (2 stud) overhang.
  • Only one prize maximum will be awarded per entrant.
  • Prizes will be paid in November, not October.
  • You may only submit a maximum of two entries.
  • You must be a BoBS member to participate, but you can belong to any faction.

Prizes:

• A panel of judges, including the leader of MCTC and the mayor of Weelond, will judge all entries and choose a select number of favorites to be exhibited on the front of this year’s Octoberfest poster.
  • Two winning entries with be awarded 30 DBs each (one for Eslandola entries, and one for non-Eslandola entries).
  • Every entry chosen for the Octoberfest poster will be awarded 10 DBs.
Edited by Capt Wolf

11 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

What do I have to do to get this pinned?

Let you faction leaders know who can relay your request in the Brethren Court. :pir-wink: 
Or you could just send any of the pirate staff a PM if time is of the essence.

Please don't post in the topic just to keep it bumped. :thumbup:

Neat little minichallenge, Capt Wolf, I'll see if I can scratch up enough time to enter sometime this month! :pir-wink: :grin:

Weelond Octoberfest - Rum Fest

Note: the link to Weelond settlement thread is broken.  It goes to the Eurobricks home page.

15 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Weelond Octoberfest - Rum Fest

Note: the link to Weelond settlement thread is broken.  It goes to the Eurobricks home page.

Thanks. I tried fixing the link, but no luck so far.

Octoberfest in Weelond has come to a close. The judges will now get busy, and I hope to have results posted in about a week. Thanks to everyone who participated and made Octoberfest a fun time!

Sorry for the delay in posting the results. I have had technical problems in finalizing the commemorative Octoberfest poster. But I will go ahead and announce the results now.

Overall non-Eslandola winner is Ayrlego for Highland Sword Dancing.

Overall Eslandola winner is Elostirion for Turtle Race.

Ayrlego and Elostirion each receive 30db for their efforts.

All the entries will be on the poster, so SilentWolf, dr_spock, and Captain Braunsfeld each receive 10db.

Additionally, there are some additional awards. SIlentWolf will receive an extra 10db because the voting was so close in the non-Eslandola category. And Captain Braunsfeld will receive an extra 10db for one of the minifigs in his build being named "Miss Octoberfest"! :pir-oh:

Congratulations to all, and thanks for participating. Hopefully I'll have the event post up soon. I hope you had fun with this, and I plan on running this same challenge next October.

Thanks Capt Wolf! A great little challenge that was a lot of fun! Look forward to next Octoberfest!

Congrats to the winners! I would have liked to participate myself, but just couldn't find the time :/

Congratulations to the winners and Captain Braunsfeld for being Miss Octoberfest. Thanks for the putting us on the poster and DBs.  :classic: