Bonaparte

Forum Upgrade

Our forums have been upgraded to a new software release. This was needed because our software was getting old and no longer supported by Invision. The admins will still be doing several post-upgrade tasks in the coming days, so don't worry if you see things which look wrong.

IMPORTANT: From now onwards you need to login with your display name or with your email address. On the old forum you used to login with your username, which could be different from your display name!

WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPGRADING THE SOFTWARE. THIS WILL TAKE SOME EXTRA TIME. THE BOARD DOESN'T LOOK HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK AND SOME FEATURES ARE STILL MISSING. PLEASE BE PATIENT WHILE WE TRY TO FIX THE ISSUES.

- The EB Admin Team

looks good, I am noticing that image links and emotes are not working properly, but I'm guessing that is still to come as the settings are all dialed in. very happy to see things have updated, and I hope you Admin/Mods are happy with the new anti spam suite of tools you likely now have.

EDIT: And a big thank you for all the effort put into this change, and the efforts still to come.

Edited by GallardoLU
right thing to do.

Looks alright, but where's the "View New Content" button that used to be in the top right corner? The "Unread Content" button is not working the same as that was (only this topic shows up).

Looks horrible. too wide for my standart screen. previous version IS WAY BETTER. no longer shows from when the user is registered and his user number. 

HORRIBLE!!!!!

also creates spaces between lines if the "enter" button is pressed

The emoticons menu was better down. Also a lot of them are missing and the order is different

I HATE the new version. The downgrade IS the best option. I don't want to use this anymore. You should have asked before doing this,

Checked the mobile version.  VERY BAD. too hard to use. I'm out of here

Checked the user menu. My eyes hurt.

Somebody of the admins , please ban me , I will no longer use this new forum

Edited by LXF

The BB codes are still disabled... would be great to have a list of what changed?

For example, the "Activity" tab is new -- I suppose it replaces "View New Content" ?

Looks like the cell phone version now has most of the functionality of the full version which is a nice upgrade. Particularly I can now go to the latest post in a thread by the new page select option, which previously was only available on desktop browsers. It is still going to take me a while to get used to the new look though, but I like what I am seeing.

1 minute ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Looks like the cell phone version now has most of the functionality of the full version which is a nice upgrade. Particularly I can now go to the latest post in a thread by the new page select option, which previously was only available on desktop browsers. It is still going to take me a while to get used to the new look though, but I like what I am seeing.

you can even resize your browser and see how it fluidly adapts to screen size.

13 minutes ago, LXF said:

Looks horrible. too wide for my standart screen. previous version IS WAY BETTER. no longer shows from when the user is registered and his user number.

Oh dang, this is missing. That was pretty useful. Easier to spot spammers. :grin:

To be honest it looks bad. Maybe I'm just used to old version but the new site looks just ugly.

Edited by Krulis

6 minutes ago, LXF said:

HORRIBLE!!!!!

The emoticons menu was better down. Also a lot of them are missing and the order is different

I HATE the new version. The downgrade IS the best option. I don't want to use this anymore. You should have asked before doing this,

I was going to say that maybe you could let the admins, who just spent 48h of their free time, some more time to correct everything including the board themes, but I guess you should get that ban you requested so desperatly... :hmpf_bad:

Guys give us some time to correct everything. It's a very time-consuming task, so be patient.

Absolutely horrible on my phone. Can't see anything properly. Can't search anything. And theres a menu tab but nothing opens. Haven't checked pc yet..

32 minutes ago, LXF said:

HORRIBLE!!!!!

Wow, what a response. Some of us have been working our behinds off to the get the new forum up-and-running. And all we get is a reply like this?! Shame on you!

There is still a lot to be done, so hopefully the rest of the audience will have a bit more patience.

The new forum software is currently rebuilding all posts (which are numerous). After that, the bbcode display issue should be fixed.

Firstly thanks to everyone involved in doing this work to the site. I'm sure everyone was used to the old software and as such some immediate changes aren't sitting too well with some. It seems like the time it took to upgrade highlights that it wasn't a smooth process.

There a eems to be an issue with Safari as the new site is not displaying on my Mac but is OK with other browsers. Hopefully these are just teething troubles and the next 48hrs or so will see things settle down.

To all of you....

WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPGRADING THE SOFTWARE. THIS WILL TAKE SOME EXTRA TIME. THE BOARD DOESN'T LOOK HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK AND SOME FEATURES ARE STILL MISSING. PLEASE BE PATIENT WHILE WE TRY TO FIX THE ISSUES.

There are still scripts running in the background for rebuilding all the forum content. This might take another week to finish.

Also our graphics department (Hinckley) will look into the remarks and do visual improvements.

You can all report stuff here, but please bear with us while we complete the post-upgrade work. 

Thank you Admin team.  :cry_happy: 

I will wait to provide feedback when all the features are turned on and obvious bugs have been worked out. :thumbup: 

1 minute ago, Robianco said:

Firstly thanks to everyone involved in doing this work to the site. I'm sure everyone was used to the old software and as such some immediate changes aren't sitting too well with some. It seems like the time it took to upgrade highlights that it wasn't a smooth process.

There a eems to be an issue with Safari as the new site is not displaying on my Mac but is OK with other browsers. Hopefully these are just teething troubles and the next 48hrs or so will see things settle down.

Thanks for understanding! We had to upgrade numerous parts of the system and it didn't work out well. Some of the Admin have been working around the clock to fix the issues. I'd say that we still need a week or so to get things running smoothly and sort everything out. The most important thing was getting the update done!

Great job guys! It does look different, but the mobile version of the site is much better - logging in on the old mobile version was such a pain in the a**!

It will take a little time to get used to 'return' creating a space after the previous line though.

One question, is it possible for me to alter the max-width of the forums? I'd love it with a bit of a border each side, rather than stretching the whole way across my 1920 wide monitor.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Paperballpark
To add in line spaces again! :)

Just now, Paperballpark said:

It will take a little time to get used to 'return' creating a space after the previous line though.

I just switched that off. You now can use enter again like you used to.