Hinckley

TIP-Town in Progress

A blue bucket fountain. I believe you suggested the idea in the town twinning topic. :-D

Indeed I did. :-$ But it can't be blue as (Impartial aside) I don't have a lot of it... I'll give it some thought. *sweet*

You are tanorexic as they say :-D

It was actually closer to tan addiction. :-$

When I first joined Bricklink, I would literally buy up all the tan in a store whenever I made an order.

Eventually that progressed to dark red, dark tan, dark and medium blue, dark and medium orange, all of the sand variations and a few other colours until I had a nice amount of each.

I get that way with LEGO, I want as much of an assortment as possible, even if I don't use them regularly. You ought to see my dark purple collection... :-|

Here's the first victim renovation of the TIP (Town in Progress) overhaul...my yellow house:

-snip-

It has been dismantled... :'-) we'll certainly miss her...and will soon be re-built into a modular brownstone type addition to Bazooville...stay tuned. :-)

I don't know what's so wrong with a yellow house. 8-|

Yellow isn't my first choice for colors, but i don't think it's that bad.

I'll just remember to not post any yellow buildings onto EB if i make any. :-P

P

Edited by phred

I have a question for Mr Hinckley...

Does "tip" (used as a verb, not an acronym) have mean the same in you area as it does in my area?

What meaning you may ask... One that would make your town sound very unglamorous. X-D

Does "tip" (used as a verb, not an acronym) have mean the same in you area as it does in my area?

What meaning you may ask... One that would make your town sound very unglamorous. X-D

No. :-D :-D :-D It means a couple of dirty things as a noun but that's kind of a stretch even. I think everything has a naughty connotation where you're from...the LEGO Caribbean, of course. :-P

What I thought he meant was that he was going to up-end the table and "tip" it onto the floor! 8-

Personally, I would make the brewery the center of your town, because I just think that's simply an awesome MOC. Plus, well, it's a brewery. *sweet*

Well, don't want too many drunkards ruining the city...

It'd Hurt Hinkle's reputation among the other mayors...Which is one reason my city doesn't have a brewery. We just import, though i'm thinking of trying to make a vinyard should i have the space.

Hinkle

:-D :-D :-D

<Ahem>

I'm still really looking forward to seeing where this goes! I can't wait to see you first renovation! *sweet*

~Peace

:-D :-D :-D

<Ahem>

I'm still really looking forward to seeing where this goes! I can't wait to see you first renovation! *sweet*

~Peace

It's getting close. I'm glad I started this topic because it's helping me stay on task. Now I just wonder if I should post all of the new MOCs here or start separate threads for them. I bet if I update the first post with new pics, that should keep the topic current...

What I thought he meant was that he was going to up-end the table and "tip" it onto the floor! 8-

It's getting close. I'm glad I started this topic because it's helping me stay on task. Now I just wonder if I should post all of the new MOCs here or start separate threads for them. I bet if I update the first post with new pics, that should keep the topic current...

I understand what you feel!

I'm in a similar way. Because I have finished some buildings from the outside, but don't have made the furnitures. But I would like to post some pics from the finished version. So it's some unfinished buildings pics, but regularely, or a lot of pics from the finished versions in a same time *wacko* .

Ansd the topic question is very good too. I don't know what is the best...

Hello all,

I'm just getting started building a town layout. I came out of my dark ages after I saw alot of people building 6 wide fire trucks. I still have my fire departments but now want to start a town layout. Any and all suggestions are welcome. A few guys mentioned things that weren't around before their dark ages. My last set bought as a kid was from 1979. I came out of the dark ages in 2004. (I'll save you guys figuring it out, I'm 43).

Paul

Hello all,

I'm just getting started building a town layout. I came out of my dark ages after I saw alot of people building 6 wide fire trucks. I still have my fire departments but now want to start a town layout. Any and all suggestions are welcome. A few guys mentioned things that weren't around before their dark ages. My last set bought as a kid was from 1979. I came out of the dark ages in 2004. (I'll save you guys figuring it out, I'm 43).

Paul

Welcome welcome welcome... but you really should post this here... 8-|

I require too much attention to leave my MOC in this thread so I'm starting a new one so more people will see it.

Here's an updated pic of my layout:

03.jpg

Wow, looks really like the start of a wonderful homogeneous but still very colorful town.... :'-)

Absolutley marvelous Hinckley! The people and vehicles there add a nice touch, but what's that monkey doing there? :-P

Stauder

Absolutley marvelous Hinckley! The people and vehicles there add a nice touch, but what's that monkey doing there? :-P

Stauder

Why do you have to discriminate against Fabuland figures? :-/

That's ok, if you scroll back far enough, I "came out" in this thread and now Asuka is making a "homogeneous" crack.

Discrimination. It's all around us brother, it's all around us. They just start with the poor defenseless monkey. :'-(

;-)

My bad, Forgot the No. 1 Rule Of A Lego Town - If It Is Lego Tee Shalth Letteh Beeeeth, If Noteth, Thee Shall Poketh It Witheth A Sticketh And Incineratheth It.

;-)

@ IS - Are you saying we no longer love Hinklet? 8-

Edited by Stauder

So, for your attention, after posting in your Green Door Tavern topic, I add a reply here!

The more I look at your "piece of street", the more I find that CC looks "strange" compared to your two Modular Mocs (MM). I mean, there is a very big difference of architecture between CC and MM. And the contrast seems more importante looking at your MM style.

I mean, in new towns like Chicago, there are not so many different building styles. It's not like in Europe, where the melting pot of architecture is more visible, because of its history. I don't know if you will understand... CC looks like an anachronism if you want an US looking layout. But it's not a problem if you just want to mixe all the architecture.

Now, you know my point of view!

I know it's been 7 months since you wrote this Alex, but I think you're wrong about Chicago. It's not so new that it doesn't have an eclectic mix of buildings in its downtown and its neighborhoods. There's enough of a history to create a similar juxtaposition of building styles just like you would find in Europe. However, after finally visiting Scandinavia (my first time out of the country) I do see the point that the styles used for buildings on the same block differ more than they do here in Chicago, which is why Bazooville will now be as mixed up and melting pot of styles as possible :grin: ! I'm going to base it on Chicago, Oslo, Copenhagen and Stockholm-that list, of course, bookended by the two most beautiful cities in the world. :wub:

I'm taking this building down (or breaking it, as Sinner would say):

old_dk_orange_01.jpg

...and building a new modular building based on one I saw in Copenhagen. Here is the basic color scheme I want to work with...

old_dk_orange_02.jpg

It's easy for me to take this building down because I half-assed the building of it in the first place. Although I like the bay windows, I don't think their construction is as seamless as it could be. My intention in building this was to make a dark orange building with bay windows and get it done quickly and a couple years later that's exactly what it looks like to me. I was happy with it at the time because I just wanted the street to look good by being populated. Nowadays, I'm more focused on the detail of the overall building. I tend to use pictures of a real life buildings as inspiration, whereas when I built the dark orange building, I just made pieces fit together in cool ways and satisfying orientation of bricks.

In a fit of non-Fabuland building, I started two other normal system-scale Town projects as well: a new modular cinema-a project Alex54 and I started to twin our towns by recreating the Town Plan cinema in our own style of building & a modular follow-up to my brewery. Who knows when we'll be seeing all of this done, but an update is finally on it's way to Bazooville. :blush: