I have nothing physical but if I have the idea. I know it is no original but I like wheel loaders :laugh: . I did my calculations and using new class wheels I can build a huge but simple wheel loader a komatsu wa1200, caterpillar 994 or a leturneau. They are gigants wheel loaders and the problem I had is that their wheels are so huge that in proportion the body it had to be so tight that I could´t put anything, with new wheels I think I can build a big and simple MOC with few parts, my goal is that it had a Lego set style. Here you can see these beautiful machines, they are perfects for me they have small cabins for a bad cabin builder :laugh: . As you can see their wheels are even bigger than a new large pneumatic cylinder.

6wLpvMq.jpg?1

hCbl0h1.jpg?1

Bcsq2El.jpg?1

Looking forward your entry, the Claas tires sound great :D

I suppose you forgot some text in the title?

Edited by LXF

Looking forward your entry, the Claas tires sound great :D

I suppose you forgot some text in the title?

Ups, you suppose right...

Hey,

Please don't make topics without progress. It's against the rules :wink:

Hey,

Please don't make topics without progress. It's against the rules :wink:

You are right Jim, I am sorry, I have been building this night when I can I will share my progress. Thanks for put the tittle. Looking for ideas I rediscovered the 8464 or 8439 set :laugh: , it is one of the best wheel loader arms I have ever seen.

Jorgeopesi, Class tyres sounds very wrong. why not Unimog tyres?

I was wondering the same thing. Unimog tires would be better aesteticaly, but they are probably too small for Jorge's plans.

Because I tried with unimog tyres yet, but I will try again with them while the class tyres arrive. I remember that the volvo bucket was too big for the unimog tyres, think in a giant wheel loader, wheels are bigger in proportion that in large or medium wheel loaders.

Edited by jorgeopesi

I think you need unimog tyres and 8043 bucket if you want to create something like the picture....I did try it myself as well with LETURNEAU...

I think you need unimog tyres and 8043 bucket if you want to create something like the picture....I did try it myself as well with LETURNEAU...

As you can see I tried again with unimog tyres but it will be difficult, not impossble, put two pneumatic cylinders to operate bucket like in real machines, that is why I wanted class tyres in order to gain 2 or 3 studs in wide, I always say that this type machines, wheel or crawler loaders, are very narrow in comparison with their lengths, I have not seen any well-proportioned, except mine modesty and effort apart :laugh: , mine komatsu 9 studs wide, 42030 set 12 using same bucket.

yXGHr6R.jpg?1

sTz5ewg.jpg?1

5qlDHR1.jpg?1

WjKYtB2.png?1

well then why don't you cheat a bit? just use the big volvo bucket and make the width bigger, we will still vote for you!! :tongue::laugh:

I think one of the option is to use the new thin cylinders instead of the fatter ones...

well then why don't you cheat a bit? just use the big volvo bucket and make the width bigger, we will still vote for you!! :tongue::laugh:

I think one of the option is to use the new thin cylinders instead of the fatter ones...

I am very purist including the proportions, just those difficulties are what make me have fun, do what everyone does in less space, in the end I guess it's my building style. New cylinders are very long for that position but sure I will see them in some giant backhoe, I haven´t got so many... I like to see a volvo bm backhoe for example.

XQD8vsx.jpg?1

Come on Jorge and choose, you are now looking the same as mine wife. :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

The sure thing i only know, whatever model you choose the result will be perfect. :wink:

Come on Jorge and choose, you are now looking the same as mine wife. :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

The sure thing i only know, whatever model you choose the result will be perfect. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: probably only functionally perfect :laugh: :laugh: :hmpf_bad: .

My training while I wait for class tyres, if I achieve this, with 2 or 3 studs more it won´t be problem build a strong and functional MOC. Pendular suspension, 4x4, 2 large pneumatic cylinders and 1 small one with an improved evolution of the linkage used in the 8464 set, I am very proud of it, great range of bucket movement with the arm in any position.

ta8pUM0.jpg?1

Wwfqw6N.jpg?1

W8n9KcF.jpg?1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3BMUcXSgqU&feature=youtu.be

'>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjzepSns8E8&feature=youtu.be

I discovered an awesome machine while I was waiting for the class tyres, the caterpillar 994 mono boom and it is my chance to achieve a medium, realistic, very playable and strong MOC. Its main feature is the narrowness, only 6 studs between wheels in order to get a giant appearance using the 8265 bucket and unimog wheels, I am very happy with it, of course it has a large travel of arm and bucket, using the entire travel of the cylinders.

i3g1NCT.jpg

6KoBns1.jpg?1

xU4zvqm.jpg?1

More progress in steering, I am using 2 small pneumatic cylinders, I don´t know very well if they will be enough strong to move the machine, we will see... I am thinking on different ways to make a sweet move. My first idea was connect them to a manual pump in order to control better the movement, another crazy idea was use a spring for a pneumatic return to center steering but I still have to think a lot.

vJzuXgT.jpg?1

HLyTrDE.jpg?1

7cQOGTA.jpg?1

Those little cylinders are stronger than they seem, I think it will be enough

Looks nice and cool idea of adding the pneumatics in the steering system. Only I wonder how it will be easy to steer...

The progress is very cool, nice to see how it develops!!! :thumbup: Also cool to use Pneumatics for the steering indeed...

Only I wonder how it will be easy to steer...

No it won't... :laugh::classic: ...it is practically impossible to get it back centered...

And what about some mechanical servo for centering? Maybe 2 small soft shock absorbers just directly mounted above the small cylinders (do they have the same length?) would do the job.

It is just an idea, but I assume, there is a geometry, where the springs and the pneumatic cylinders work well together for this purpose.

Edited by agrof

Those little cylinders are stronger than they seem, I think it will be enough

I hope soo, it has been many years without using little cylinders.

Looks nice and cool idea of adding the pneumatics in the steering system. Only I wonder how it will be easy to steer...

A wheel loader doesn´t have much pneumatic elements so that's why I used them also in the steering, you are right it won´t be easy at all :sweet: .

The progress is very cool, nice to see how it develops!!! :thumbup: Also cool to use Pneumatics for the steering indeed...

No it won't... :laugh::classic: ...it is practically impossible to get it back centered...

Thanks, you are right too but it would be a challenge achieve a decent steering and after all, this is why I love Lego.

And what about some mechanical servo for centering? Maybe 2 small soft shock absorbers just directly mounted above the small cylinders (do they have the same length?) would do the job.

It is just an idea, but I assume, there is a geometry, where the springs and the pneumatic cylinders work well together for this purpose.

This is what I mean when I wrote spring working with an open valvule I suppose. I don´t know much more about pneumatic it is time to learn anyway what ever idea will be wellcome :laugh: .