CM4Sci

Disney Princesses 2017 - Rumors & Discussion

Well there was the Disney Castle, but that's minifigs. Personally I'm hoping for big-ish Elves exclusive, as there's one mysterious set number tied to Elves and it's not one of the summer sets. (Fingers crossed for a big treehouse.)

To avoid going too off topic, if we don't get Pocahontas, Tiana and/or Mulan next year, I riot. :D How would you guys imagine the sets would look like?

On 4/13/2017 at 6:19 PM, FortNerd said:

Well there was the Disney Castle, but that's minifigs. Personally I'm hoping for big-ish Elves exclusive, as there's one mysterious set number tied to Elves and it's not one of the summer sets. (Fingers crossed for a big treehouse.)

To avoid going too off topic, if we don't get Pocahontas, Tiana and/or Mulan next year, I riot. :D How would you guys imagine the sets would look like?

You do realize exclusives aren't always big? There was that dire Friends party shop last year and Livi's music video thing was also pretty cheap. :P 

I think we've all been saying for years there's enough space for Pocahontas, Tiana and/or Mulan, but now LEGO kind of has to them if they want new characters. Snow White will need a system set too eventually.

The biggest issue with these characters is most likely The LEGO group have no clue what to do with them, as they aren't as popular as their counterparts. 

Pocahontas is the hardest as Grandmother Willow would be the most likely choice, but the build would probably be to large and thus expensive for what they want for her. I think what's most likely is a cheap $15 set called "Pocahontas River Adventures" with her a canoe (Ninjago just brought that piece back), a river build with waterfall, a recoloured Wildflower Meeko and the Friends put recoloured for Percy.

Tiana's somewhat more popular but location wise she's a lot harder. They could do a swamp themed set, but that would be odd for this line that focuses on glitters and sparkles. What I think is most likely is a small restraunt set, which includes her green dress, a frog and Naveen. 

Mulan is our most likely candidate as her live action film comes out next year and her popularity should somewhat rise. But the biggest problem with her, is what set can they make? Putting her in war would be odd as they'll still want to include her dress. So I guess they could do the finale scene, but even then most Mulan dolls just focus on the nice sides of the movie but it be odd for LEGO to make set of her making tea....feminists would riot!

Edited by Soupperson1

Well I wouldn't riot. :P And if the set came with some new Asian looking accesories, a lot of MOCers and Ninjago fans would be happy.

As for Tiana, weren't they on a cruise boat at one point? I haven't seen the movie in ages, but a boat would make a nice small set. Or the Mardi Gras ballroom.

Can confirm with Ariels Spell 41145 set that the piece that slides with the fish is printed. Tried uploading a pic but it exceeds the size.

IMG_2929.JPG

Edited by Gav
Pic added

On 4/18/2017 at 4:32 AM, Soupperson1 said:

You do realize exclusives aren't always big? There was that dire Friends party shop last year and Livi's music video thing was also pretty cheap. :P

A little off-topic, but exclusives aren't always small, either. The mystery Elves set could be a retailer exclusive or a D2C (hard to tell with little to no information other than a set number), but even if it's just a retailer exclusive, that doesn't mean it'll be small. Last year in Ninjago the biggest set of the year (Samurai X Cave Chaos) was a Toys R Us exclusive.

Desperately trying to bring it back around to Disney Princess discussion... oh! I recently noticed that between the Disney Princess theme and DC Super Hero Girls, this year marks the first appearance of mini-doll characters with non-human skin tones. Maybe not a huge milestone, but a milestone nonetheless.

Hey guys, does anyone know when the juniors princes set snow white is coming out? and does anyone know when we will get cinderella polybag? I was in lego store and there are all summer sets, but no sign of snow white set

The Snow White Set has official images on Amazon Japan, which is where the Ninjago Movie Juniors set was found.

1 hour ago, jake0324demo said:

The Snow White Set has official images on Amazon Japan, which is where the Ninjago Movie Juniors set was found.

link maybe? i don't speak japanese, so i don't know how to get from ninjago set to snow white set ? so the release date for juniors set is in august? 

Hi everyone, I had a lot of fun building the Lego Disney set of Ariel and the magical spell today , and I put a building review on youtube.
Here is the link for when you might want to see it:) Hope you enjoy :)

When you have any questions , will try to anwser them :) Have a great day :) Bye :)

For what its worth bootleg Disney Princess Snow white figs have been available for a long time. They must be just around the corner.

I picked up one from ebay for the awesome hairpiece for my minifig versions.

Yeah, I'm super excited for the official Snow White coming out! But even moreso excited for the Ursula set. <3 I hope this leads to a bigger Snow White set complete with the Evil Queen and maybe a few dwarves.

We need more Disney! They should go back to releasing like 5-6 sets a wave like they did at the start! As they've dropped the "Princess" title now, they should start expanding their wave of characters/movies.

Be warned about the Snow White set, the printing on the bow is very thin and mines started to peel off already despite buying it yesterday...

Thanks for the heads-up. I just bought Snow White yesterday but haven't opened yet.

Was thinking I might do another display with DP sets, but the only set I really like is the newest Cinderella carriage (and maybe Moana's boat but she's technically not a DP?) All of the castles are meh. I suspect we might get yet another Cindy castle for 2018 as the last one is 4 years old. Personally, I'd prefer one with Aurora & Maleficent, now that they've started doing non-main characters, but if they get stuck in a medium sized set I'll be OK with that. Mulan might show up because of upcoming movie, though I personally care for her the least (Poca & Tiana sets need to happen...badly)

Ariel and Eric's wedding looks to be a set next year, as these shorts only show off things found in sets. That's why Triton, the dinglehopprr and Scuttle are paper cut outs...

The build looks very nice and it's nice to see a new outfit on Eric. It would've been nice to get a full wedding dress for Ariel, though I guess kids wouldn't be as excited.

Exciting news ^ Although Lego...you have seriously over-used the Little Mermaid movie now. I mean we must have had a set every wave and more or less every character from that movie (aside from Triton) has been covered.

I personally would love a lego Jasmine's Palace; with her, Aladdin, Genie,  Rajah, Abu and with some high hopes and wishes (wink, wink), Jafar as minifigures.

Leaked catalogue pictures for next year show:

41151 Mulan's Training Dojo (I think the last word is dojo it's hard to tell) - comes with Mulan, a small Chinese style facade and a few accessories. Can't tell if Mushu is present, but there is a small black horse

41152 Sleeping Beauty's Fairytale Castle - Aurora, Maleficent & Blue Fairy. I don't think the blue fairy is a mini doll from the look of it. Maybe more like the goblins from Elves. A pink castle for Aurora and a very small build that's hard to see for Maleficent, might be an evil throne.

41153 Ariel's Royal Celebration Boat - Ariel, Eric, Sebastian, possibly Flounder and a Dalmatian. Ariel is using the new gown piece originally for Belle. The boat is reasonably sized but look quite messy imo. Sebastian I think comes with a small conductor stand build

41154 Cinderella's Dream Castle - Cinderella & Charming. Looks like a smaller remake of the one from the first wave of sets.

41155 Elsa's Market Adventure - Elsa & Olaf. Small rowing boat and market stand. Olaf has a piece coming out of his head I'm guessing to represent the snow cloud keeping him alive during summer.

All the sets have this weird thing called build and swap. Can't tell what it is because the pictures are very small, but looks like elements such as towers can be swapped I'm guessing between sets.

3 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Leaked catalogue pictures for next year show:

41151 Mulan's Training Dojo (I think the last word is dojo it's hard to tell) - comes with Mulan, a small Chinese style facade and a few accessories. Can't tell if Mushu is present, but there is a small black horse

41152 Sleeping Beauty's Fairytale Castle - Aurora, Maleficent & Blue Fairy. I don't think the blue fairy is a mini doll from the look of it. Maybe more like the goblins from Elves. A pink castle for Aurora and a very small build that's hard to see for Maleficent, might be an evil throne.

41153 Ariel's Royal Celebration Boat - Ariel, Eric, Sebastian, possibly Flounder and a Dalmatian. Ariel is using the new gown piece originally for Belle. The boat is reasonably sized but look quite messy imo. Sebastian I think comes with a small conductor stand build

41154 Cinderella's Dream Castle - Cinderella & Charming. Looks like a smaller remake of the one from the first wave of sets.

41155 Elsa's Market Adventure - Elsa & Olaf. Small rowing boat and market stand. Olaf has a piece coming out of his head I'm guessing to represent the snow cloud keeping him alive during summer.

All the sets have this weird thing called build and swap. Can't tell what it is because the pictures are very small, but looks like elements such as towers can be swapped I'm guessing between sets.

Here is a thread for the 2018 sets 

:classic: