Sign in to follow this  
ToaDraco

Discussion: LEGO Bionicle Makuta Contest

Well I didn't think I'd ever see this day (due to the sheer complexity of the project) but over TTV they're trying to rebuild Overlord Makuta! The progress is pretty good so far, turns out the model is not that crazy-complicated-never-gonna-rebuild-it-ever, after all.

John Ho, who built him, shared some new angles too.

http://board.ttvchan...uta-topic/27422

And turns out the black stickered panels on his limbs do exist, they're from a Marvel Civil War set. So unless I'm missing something, taking those panels and the Shapeways MoUPs into account, the purple cloth parts and the MoUP sigil shield (and the printed chest if you really want to count that one) are the only parts missing. EDIT: forgot the trans orange skull. *sigh*

I really, really like want to build this guy some day. He's like the definitive Bionicle villain to me, in terms of design, though he's not 100% perfect.

Even if we aren't getting more Bionicle sets anytime soon, I find the fact we're managing to get all this stuff thanks to fans' enthusiasm inspiring, to say the very least.

28343714113_ee9a2ceecc.jpg

:O

Neat! :classic:

So, just to be sure: do they accept LDD entries in the contest, or not?

So, just to be sure: do they accept LDD entries in the contest, or not?

Yup. The rules precisely state - Entries created in LEGO Digital Designer (LDD) are allowed in this contest. :wink:

_

I've already entered with one MOC (which is actually a quite old MOC on which I've simply slapped a MoCo :laugh: ), and plan on entering with at least one more MOC.

Also, I've partially built the JtO Makuta (I don't have all the required sets). This guy is huge !

Contest results have been delayed again, apparently. Strange, since it said it was closed this morning as it was supposed to. However, I couldn't get to the results page open on either my work computer or my phone.

EDIT: It's also worth pointing out, in case you missed it, that the prizes have been updated. there are now six Tier 1 winners (art book and complete collection) and 5 bonus winners (art book). Well, at least it looks like no matter what, the winners will receive art books. I always found that to be the most desirable, so that's good.

EDIT 2: Well, I don't know what's going on with the Rebrick page, but the winners were announced on the Rebrick Facebook page. I sadly didn't win, but congrats to those who did!

Edited by Kalhiki

All the winners have been announced. They all look beautiful! Makes my creation look very half baked. Hope someone shows us what was in those artbooks.

Finally got around to examining the winners in detail. All great! A lot of under the radar entries that I hadn't actually seen myself when featuring a few. My least favorite was probably the Mask Breaker, but only because his Dread Sorcerer one was way more creative.

Still waiting to hear back on the artbooks, myself =P.

Edit: Odd request, but does anybody have a link to the intro video? Doesn't seemed like it was saved on LEGO.com.