Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #152: Wine and Di(n)e

19 hours ago, KotZ said:

priest.png

"Very good!" the priest lets out a cackle. "You have answered correctly once again. Now, it is time for the final question. Let us begin." Just then, five ghostly figures appear in front of the party. "There are now ten of us. Azazot asks us to prepare the ritual. If you are worthy and perform it correctly, the initiation can begin. Arrange all of us in a way so there can be five rows of four people each. For our sake, the apparations count as people. How do you arrange us? Please make sure we are standing around the table."

Heckz throws Torald a dangerous glare.

"Clearly, I was about to say that until you interrupted me."

He then listens to the man, pretending that he cares.

"Bah, that's child' play. Clearly, you aren't versed in the study of magic, Mister Freak."

He says, now pretending to have legitimately attained his arcane powers.

"They have to be aligned in a five pointed star, boo. We mages always use complicated symbols like these that you couldn't possibly comprehend... I think."

Heckz proceeded to conjure a pentagram made out of pure darkness to demonstrate what he meant. He then quickly makes it disappear.

28 minutes ago, Cutcobra said:

Sure you were...

Torald listens to the Hooded Man and his face turns all kinds of weird shapes as he tries to figure out what the Man just said. Uhm, what? Don't you need 20 people for 5 rows of 4 people? Torald decides he isn't going to solve it and looks at Heckz while he is doodling on the ground. 

19 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

He then listens to the man, pretending that he cares.

"Bah, that's child' play. Clearly, you aren't versed in the study of magic, Mister Freak."

He says, now pretending to have legitimately attained his arcane powers.

"They have to be aligned in a five pointed star, boo. We mages always use complicated symbols like these that you couldn't possibly comprehend... I think."

Heckz proceeded to conjure a pentagram made out of pure darkness to demonstrate what he meant. He then quickly makes it disappear.

19 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Sure you were...

Torald listens to the Hooded Man and his face turns all kinds of weird shapes as he tries to figure out what the Man just said. Uhm, what? Don't you need 20 people for 5 rows of 4 people? Torald decides he isn't going to solve it and looks at Heckz while he is doodling on the ground. 

priest.png

The priest stands with his mouth open. "Wow. You guys are fast. Maybe I should give Heroes more credit. But you are correct." He closes his eyes and a low humming sound can be heard emmanating from the walls. "Azazot has proven you worthy. Step on the points." All of the heroes, save Hoke, step to their points on the star. The ghostly figures appear. "Now, are you ready?"

simon.png

"I am."

priest.png

"Good. Lay down on the table." Simon hesitates a moment, but strides up. An apparation takes his place at his respective point. "Azazot has seen into yor soul and believes you are worthy to be one of us. Do you promise to serve Azazot?"

simon.png

"Yes."

priest.png

"Excellent." The priest then pulls out a knife and makes cuts into each of Simon's hands, feet, and then his forehead, and Simon loses 5HP. "The cuts on your body mirror the points of the star we stand on. Your heart represents you. It is time to let Azazot in." Tendrils of darkness begin to swirl around the small room. The flames of the torches begin to sputter. The priest raises his knife high above his head, and then plunges it into Simon's chest. The darkness grows stronger and stronger. Then there is a coughing sound.

simon.png

"Did you have to do that??"

priest.png

"Why yes," the priest replies as the darkness subsides. "How do you feel? Azazot has filled you and you are a disciple now."

simon.png

"Fine, I guess."

priest.png

"Excellent." Then, in a cheery tone, the preist states. "Our dues are 100 gold a month, meetings are twice a week right here. We serve pastries after each service." He then looks at the heroes. "Would anyone else like to join?"

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

priest.png

"Excellent." Then, in a cheery tone, the preist states. "Our dues are 100 gold a month, meetings are twice a week right here. We serve pastries after each service." He then looks at the heroes. "Would anyone else like to join?"

Uhm, no thanks.

Torald turns to Simon and says: Come on Simon, you still have to talk to your girl. You've done all the things she wanted, so now you go and claim your price. Torald winks at Simon, with a big grin on his face. 

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

priest.png

"We shall pass, Your Unholiness. Thank you very much", Quintessa said with a quick courtsey. "Let us haste to your true love, Simon. You ought to be everything she wished for now."

simon.png

"Yeah, let's bail. I'll lead us to Rebecca's house."

As the Heroes leave, they all (except for Hoke), feel stronger as they gain one level of experience.

houseext.png

Simon leads the party to her house. But the door is open... Simon, worried, rushes inside before anyone else. In the house, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. Then, a sound from upstairs. Again, Simon leads the party up to...

houseint.png

Rebecca's bedroom where she and another man have just finished getting dressed.

rebecca.png

"Simon!" Rebecca exclaims. "What are you doing here?"

lockhart.png

"Oh, you're Simon..." the man says angrily.

How does the party respond?

Hoke just shakes his head and steps out into the hallway.

"We helped with your tasks, but this is all on you," he says as he leaves the room.

Well, good luck buddy. Torald then wispers to Simon: If things don't work out with Rebecca, you still have that barmaid, don't forget about her. She cares about you, you know. 

On 10/19/2016 at 4:18 PM, KotZ said:

priest.png

"If it gets me to look like you, I'll pass."

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

How does the party respond?

Heckz subtly checks out the girl's chest.

On 10/20/2016 at 8:43 AM, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke just shakes his head and steps out into the hallway.

"We helped with your tasks, but this is all on you," he says as he leaves the room.

22 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Well, good luck buddy. Torald then wispers to Simon: If things don't work out with Rebecca, you still have that barmaid, don't forget about her. She cares about you, you know. 

simon.png

"Well. this is, uh, wow." Simon shuffles back and forth. He turns to the Heroes, "This didn't go as I expected."

21 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

Heckz subtly checks out the girl's chest.

lockhart.png

The other man seems to notice. "Hey, just who do you think you are? You can't do that to my girl."

simon.png

"OH, here we go..."

6 hours ago, KotZ said:

lockhart.png

The other man seems to notice. "Hey, just who do you think you are? You can't do that to my girl."

Heckz seems to wake up from a trance.

"You idiot! You actually think I don't have the ability to silently judge your 'girl''s dull, outmoded sand drape that she calls a dress?"

He rolls his eyes and addresses Simon.

"Just get this over with, Tobias. I need my beauty sleep."

14 minutes ago, Cutcobra said:

Heckz seems to wake up from a trance.

"You idiot! You actually think I don't have the ability to silently judge your 'girl''s dull, outmoded sand drape that she calls a dress?"

rebecca.png

"Excuse me?"

lockhart.png

"How dare you!"

15 minutes ago, Cutcobra said:

He rolls his eyes and addresses Simon.

"Just get this over with, Tobias. I need my beauty sleep."

6 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Simon, this is it! Prove you are a strong man! Stand up for yourself! 

simon.png

Simon nods, takes a swig from his bottle, winds his arm back, and a dark smoke goes around his fists. He brings it forward, smacking the man square in the jaw. He falls to the ground in a slump. Simon just stares at the unconsious man. Then, he looks up at Rebecca. "Well, that was cool."

rebecca.png

"Simon!"

simon.png

"We should probably go back to the tavern. Come on." With that, Simon leads the Heroes out of Rebecca's house and back to where they started. He was quiet the entire trip, but once they stat down at a table, he said, "You know, that actually felt pretty good. WOn't get me anywhere with Rebecca now. But it was cool. What do you guys think?"

11 hours ago, KotZ said:

simon.png

"We should probably go back to the tavern. Come on." With that, Simon leads the Heroes out of Rebecca's house and back to where they started. He was quiet the entire trip, but once they stat down at a table, he said, "You know, that actually felt pretty good. WOn't get me anywhere with Rebecca now. But it was cool. What do you guys think?"

"What We can tell you is that women are fickle", Quintessa lectured as they walked back to the tavern. "After the stunt you just pulled, you might just find Rebecca running after you in awe. You showed her your masculinity after all, and if that's what she was looking for, then she will surely throw herself at your feet now. But as far as We are concerned, you could do much better. She did not seem like a decent woman to Us. More like a cheap trollop."

19 hours ago, KotZ said:

simon.png

Simon nods, takes a swig from his bottle, winds his arm back, and a dark smoke goes around his fists. He brings it forward, smacking the man square in the jaw. He falls to the ground in a slump. Simon just stares at the unconsious man. Then, he looks up at Rebecca. "Well, that was cool."

Nice punch dude! See, you've got it in you to be a man!

7 hours ago, Sandy said:

"What We can tell you is that women are fickle", Quintessa lectured as they walked back to the tavern. "After the stunt you just pulled, you might just find Rebecca running after you in awe. You showed her your masculinity after all, and if that's what she was looking for, then she will surely throw herself at your feet now. But as far as We are concerned, you could do much better. She did not seem like a decent woman to Us. More like a cheap trollop."

Torald listens to what Quintessa has to say and responds: Hmm, you might actually be right, your highness. But if Rebecca does come running after you, just ignore her for a while. Make her feel what you've been through. Torald thinks a bit.  And yes, I also agree with our highness that you can do a lot better. 

7 hours ago, Sandy said:

simon.png

"Yeah, yeah you're right."

lysa.png

At that moment, Lysa comes over. "So, how did it go?"

simon.png

Simon sits up straighter. "Well, I can drink. We fought some goons in a ring, and apparently I'm a disciple of Azazot. But, you know, I don't think Rebecca is a good person."

lysa.png

"Oh?"

simon.png

"Yeah." Then, taking Torald's advice, "Would you want me to walk you home?"

lysa.png

"Really?" her eyes light up. "Of course! LEt me finish up." With that, she scurries off to finish her work.

simon.png

"Thanks everyone." Simon smiles and pulls out some bottles of mead. "Here you are, two for each of you. I'd say you guys helped me. Looks like you guys are Matchmakers."

THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, Matchmaker and Rock Champion of Decamon
(UsernameMDM)
Human Male Paragon
Level 56.6 *Blessed, Immune: Fragile, Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind, Ice, Wood / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +10 and SP -1, Cursed, Dark, Light, Ice*
Power Bonus: 7 (+2 Grand Zoot's Cookie, +5 Paragon), +3 WP
Defense: 66
Health: 118/118 (+10 Knight, +25 Paragon, +55 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +15 Raw Meats, +10 Helm of Prestige)
Gold: 783
Equipment: Longsword (WP:5; suitable for knights, rogues, beast warriors, infiltrators, marauders, regulators, skirmishers and winged warriors.), Mythril Buckler (SP:41, Amethyst, Mythril), Hydra Skin (SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear), Helm of Prestige (SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons), Bone Claws (+3 WP, 2 SP, hand wear), Obsan's "Masterpiece" (SP: 10; suitable for knights, barbarians, beast masters, dragoons, marauders and regulators; Immune to Ice, Wind and Wood; bodywear), Coat Hanger (Allows for a second body wear, Accessory), Sven's Heavy Armor (SP:6, Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind and Fragile)
Inventory:
Weapons- Vintul (WP: 16; greatsword), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear), Wasabi Blade (WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword), Glistening Halberd WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance), Blue Steel Shield (SP:5, Immune to Blind), Fang Dagger (WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger), Balanced Main-Gauce (WP: 10, Riposte has a 1/6 chance of instantly killing the/each target, dagger, suitable only for marauders), Blade of Tranquility (WP: 2, deals the Sealed effect, Long-sword), Zoot's Order (WP:40; Deals Darkness, Light, Ice, Cursed, Fragile, permanently Poisoned-by-10, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only [Hydra Tongue, Crimson Haze, Amethyst, Diamond, Ethereal Opal])
Artefacts- Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1, footwear), Sharkskin Gloves (Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks), Samurai Helmet (WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors), Sterile Gloves (Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Sigil of the Cold Circle- (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Pugilist Gloves (+2 to power, immune Weakened), Shadeaux Cape
(SP:1; suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear.), Iceborn's Improved Summoning Amulet (Can be used once per quest to revive a fallen enemy to join the party. The enemy has a level equal to their previous level, and health equal to the half the health of the hero reviving them. Their class can be determined by the QM, and they cannot be revived by Phoenix Essences. Accessory), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory),
Gems- Ruby (Fire), Etherial Sapphire (Sealed+Wind), Emerald (Wood), Etherial Aquamarine (Confusion+Water), Topaz (Lightning), Etherial Garnet (Slowed+Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned), Opal
Scrolls- Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep
Tools- Guffington's Seal (Proves the Hero is a Friend of Guffington. The hero starts every quest with one "Hero's Cocktail": encouraged, hastened, lucky and inspired), Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb
Consumables- 3x Phoenix Essence, 6x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Grand Tonic, 4x Remedy, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 5x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Henry Award (Can be sold for 200 Gold or to give +1 HP or +1 Power to a character, Consumable, Soul-bound), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently)
Decamon Deck- Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

ava-quintessa.jpgava-quintessa1.jpg
Quintessa of Heartland (played by Sandy as a second character) Matchmaker
67 years old human female Barbarian
Level 9 *Immune to fragile*
Power: 13 (9+3+1)
Defense: 5
Health:18/18 (9+6+2)
Gold: 174
Equipment: Rolling Pin (WP:5, causes bleeding by 3; club), Heavy Armour (SP:5, protects from fragile, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators and vindicators; bodywear.)
Inventory:
Artifacts: Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk job trait, headwear), Pirate’s Patch (protects from blinded; headwear), High Heels (Power +1; suitable for women; footwear)
Consumables: 4x Grand Potion, 5x Remedy, First Aid Kit (restores full health and removes negative effects from the entire party), 4x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, 2x Smoke Bomb, Perfume (Can be used on an enemy to make it enamored with its applier), Candycane of Doom (Causes the target to become doomed when used; breaks after 5 uses; Has been used once; 4 uses left), Tonic, Soma,
Tools etc.: Shovel, 2x Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Bedroll

ava-heckz3.jpg
John 'Heckz' Brutenhal, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector, Matchmaker (Cutcobra)
32 year old male human Sorcerer
Level 30 *Jinxed Spells at Double Cost* *Darkness Spells Cause Weakened*
Power: 42 (30+12)
Spellpower: 52 (30+12+10)
Defense: 0
Health: 37/37 (5+29+4)
Ether: 46/46 (5+29+1+5+1+5)
Gold: 2574
Equipment: Wand (WP:5; suitable for mages, necromancers and scholars.), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)
Inventory:
Weapons: Weatherfax Broom (WP:25, makes weather forecasts instant instead of being applied at the end of the round, broomstick), Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip), Assassin’s Crossbow (WP:4, each successful assassination increases WP by one permanently; suitable to assassins; crossbow), Torn Whip (WP: 7; Has a 1/2 chance of causing afraid on attacks; suitable for rogues, artisans, beast warriors, harlots, marauders and necromancers.), Solemn Dagger (WP: 12, darkness-elemental dagger, 1/2 chance of causing sealed)
Artifacts: Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear), False Lips (Rolling Pleasure House and KISS AND MAKE UP causes poisoned by 5 in addition to other effects, suitable for harlots only, accessory.), Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet), Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear)  Rich Man's Shirt (suitable for anyone, +5HP, +10 ether; bodywear), Rich man's trousers (suitable for anyone, immune to Jinxed and Bound; footwear)
Spell Items: Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water)
Consumables: 3x Remedy, 5x Mead, 3x Nostrum, 4x Smelling Salt, 2x Tonic, 2x Phoenix Essence, Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable), Soma, Poison Bomb, Seal Bomb, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 7 Bones, Forbidden Apple (has a half chance of causing blinded or transcended to the user),
Tools, etc:Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, "Fifty Shades of Bley" (Grants access to Harlot), "Begone With the Winds" (Grants access to Weather Mage), Black Market Insignia (Allows the owner to seek out a black market dealer from any city they visit on a quest, as decided by the QM.), Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

19629865404_3247848494_s.jpgTorald Waruelf, Matchmaker (Alfadas)
20 year old male human Barbarian
Level 13.5
Power Bonus: 7
Defense: 3
Health: 22/22
Gold: 256
Equipment: Spear (WP:5; suitable for barbarians, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors.), Tricorne (SP:3, headwear; suitable to anyone). Fighting Boots (Power +5 on the front row; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators, vindicators and winged warriors; footwear.)
Inventory: Old and Rusty Greatsword(WP: 3), 4 Potions, 9 Mead, Tiger Balm, , 2 Venom, Myrrh,Crocodile Belt(Max. Health +2; accessory.), Fire Bomb, Spark Hammer(WP: 8 Lightning & Wood elemental Hammer. Double WP against flying and mechanical), 2x Shovel, Pickaxe, Broken Spear (WP: 3; Causes Bleeding and Poisoned by 2 every other round used; suitable for barbarians, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors.),Sludge Glaive(WP:8, pierces defense and causes either fragile or weakened; halberd),

Thanks for sticking through with the quest guys. Your stats should be right, that formatting was a pain to fix. Hope you guys enjoyed it. You can talk to Simon and Lysa if you like or can head back to the Hall.

Almost feeling a bit ashamed for the spectacle he just participated in, Hoke leaves Simon and the rest of the group to roam around the town a bit, just to be alone.

Instead of leaving from it, Heckz stays in the tavern to possibly 'hook up' with a woman himself and to not have to endure holding a conversation with one of his fellow 'quest mates'.

"Glad to have been of service, Simon", Quintessa said with a nod. "You take good care of that sweet young girl, now. And We would recommend not attending to those meetings with the Zootist, after all."

Pleased with her performance in the quest, Quintessa gathered her hems and sailed away from the bar, off to new adventures.