Legocastlegirl

Review 10184 Town Plan

index2.jpg

So here it is, the long expected ;-) review of the town plan:

I bought it at the Legostore Riem Arcaden last Saturday. I paid 149,99 EUR for 1981 pieces. This set is separated in 4 parts.

1: the Service/Gasstation

2: the cars. the petrol pump and the fountain

3: the cinema

4: the town hall

The Service Station has a lot of really nice details, like tools for the car repair, or the table with the cashpoint and the foodstation (there�s a croissant, a banana and a apple in this set). One of my favourit parts is the trolley with some tools, you can see it at brickshelf.

dsc00780.jpg

At the second part are only a few pieces and i needed not much time to built the 2 cars, the fountain and the petrol pump. There�s something at the truck i don�t understand.. maybe i did something wrong.. but.. the truck has no backlights.. *wacko* I like the petrol pump, that�s why i post a pic of it:

dsc00786.jpg

The cinema is the highlight for me. It has also really nice details, like the popcorn table or the gumball or candy machine. The colours sheme is really nice, the front of the building with the big displays is a cool idea. Overall a really nice building.

dsc00763.jpg

The town hall has also a really nice colour sheme, i love that dark green mixed with the white stairs. A lot of plants around and in the town hall. As you can see some figs who married there. Not more to say about this building. See the pics and enjoy it:

dsc00756.jpg

Overall this set is a must have!! It was really fun to built it. This set reminds me of the Back to the Future movie with Michael J. Fox.

The whole gallery is at Brickshelf, there you can find a few more pics.

I hope you enjoyed this review.

Regards

Sandra

Great review Sandra, thanks for taking the time. I love the theatre and the town hall, and the married couple is just a cute little extra *wub* This looks fantastic not only for the model, but for parts as well!

Thank you for the great review Sandra *y* . I *wub* the detail that TLC added to this set. I would like to add that I think all the buildings look *sweet* . I really like how you compared the look to "Back to the Future". When I saw the first pics, I thought the same thing. The look of the set is definitly the 1950's. I am :-( to see the price though. I am sure this set will be $149.99 US too.

GREAT REVIEW, Model On!!

Thank you for the review Sandra!

This set looks finally nice, better than my first view.

I really need it, I've already planed to integrate it to my new layout...

It will be hard to wait for it!

Thank you very much for the wonderful review, Legocastlegirl! Plenty of pics, thanks again! *wub* *y*

~Peace

Can you take a picture(s) of all the film posters?

I enjoyed seeing this review. Nice to get some different angles on the components.

Sorry to disagree with anyone however, but this was not a great review. I appreciate the effort Sandra made but a great review would include more details such as what are stickers and what are printed pieces. A great review points out flaws or limitations as well as what works or is really neat. A great review would have analyzed the price per piece and compared that to other sets/themes. One might look at the recent reviews of the Indy sets or the new Spongebob sets as examples of really good reviews. The pictures are good but a great review, above all, should provide the reader with some new information, perhaps even answer questions posed in the pre-release discussion thread. I learned nothing new about the set from this review.

That said, it was a good review for someone who had not seen the pre-release discussion and she did a good job of showing said person what they could expect in the set.

Thanks for the review Legocastlegirl - excellent work *y*!

I agree with you, the best part seems to be the movietheater!! That

Really cool review: I have got so much to do that I even did not know that set is already available. The cinema is great.

Aredhel

Sorry for answering so late but i was very busy... thanks guys for your comments *y*

Sorry to disagree with anyone however, but this was not a great review. I appreciate the effort Sandra made but a great review would include more details such as what are stickers and what are printed pieces. A great review points out flaws or limitations as well as what works or is really neat. A great review would have analyzed the price per piece and compared that to other sets/themes. One might look at the recent reviews of the Indy sets or the new Spongebob sets as examples of really good reviews. The pictures are good but a great review, above all, should provide the reader with some new information, perhaps even answer questions posed in the pre-release discussion thread. I learned nothing new about the set from this review.

That said, it was a good review for someone who had not seen the pre-release discussion and she did a good job of showing said person what they could expect in the set.

It

Nice review - thx for all the pics.

They certainly made me consider getting this set.

KimT

BTW: which set would You recommend: Market Streeet, Town Plan or Cafe Corner? Just curious. They're pretty expensive and I might only afford one of them.

BTW: which set would You recommend: Market Streeet, Town Plan or Cafe Corner? Just curious. They're pretty expensive and I might only afford one of them.

I guess it all depends on what you are after Kim.

If you want a really great and detailed set I would opt for the Cafe Corner, but if you want a set that can easilly be included in a city I would opt for Town Plan.

Since I can't afford all of them, I will just get Town Plan, because I lve the feeling of thge set and that theater is superb !!

*yoda*

Definitely the Coffee corner. It

Edited by Legocastlegirl

PS: @ tedbeard - do tone it down youg man !! If you're not happy with Sandra's work, do provide one yourself instead of bitching on how YOU view a review and on how Sandra's post is veryt far from one (according to you !!)

Wow, I have not been called a "youg man" (by which I assume you mean "young") for a while. As a forty year old with three kids that's unusual. *sweet*

I tried very hard to remain positive in my critique and complimented her on those things she had done well. I felt that given the somewhat juvenile "OMG, BEST...REVIEW...EVER" tone that was creeping in amongst the replys, that it needed to be tempered with some thoughtful suggestions as to how a good review could be made great.

Your ad hominem approach is offensive and far more negative than I was and to suggest I should do my own review is ridiculous. I live in Canada and we do not even have the set available here yet thus I am interested in seeing reviews of this set. If I already had the set I would not be so interested.

And next time you propose to critique a critique perhaps you should actually read what I wrote. I said she wrote a good review for a specific audience. I did NOT say it was awful or whatever you seem to have assumed I meant. Saying something is good but could be improved can hardly be characterized as "bitching". :-|

Thanks for the review. I really want this set because:

1. It looks fantastic

2. Has harder to find colors

3. Is a 50th anniversary commemorative

4. Some of the models are based on the 50s sets (i love the old stuff)

The tanker truck is a perfect recreation of the old HO 1:87 scale Esso Tanker Truck. I have one, and you can look at it for comparison if you would like. Lego HO vehicles

I'd like to modify the truck from this new set to look even more like the old Esso truck, getting rid of the green and adding some decals.