Sign in to follow this  
Sir Gareth

Six Degrees of Separation Game

"Six Degrees of Separation is the theory that everyone and everything is six or fewer steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person in the world, so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made to connect any two people in a maximum of six steps." - Wikipedia

The rules are simple: Whoever accurately connects the two things first, with a maximum of six links, wins, and gets to decide the next round.

I'll start us off: The film, Star Wars, and former US president, Ronald Reagan

Edited by Sir Gareth

The Strategic Defence Initiative was named after Star Wars and created by Regan.

Edited by Tariq j

The Strategic Defence Initiative was named after Star Wars and created by Reagan.

Figured that one would be easy. Your turn.

Edited by Sir Gareth

The film series, James Bond, and Star Trek. The possibilities are endless, so whoever connects these two with the least number of links, wins this round.

I'll have a go:

Donald Pleasance starred (memorably) as Bond villain Ernst Blofelt in You Only Live Twice, and was later seen in an episode of the Peter Falk detective show Columbo. William Shatner later starred in the same show, so:

Donald Pleasance (Bond Villain) > Columbo guest star> William Shatner (James T. Kirk)

How do we count the links, by the way? By the number of people or events (3, in this case) or by the number of ">"s (2)?

Another shortish one:

Christopher Lee was The Man With The Golden Gun, and Count Dooku in Star Wars.

Simon Pegg was Unkar Plutt in Star Wars and Scotty in Star Trek.

Ken Adam was a set designer for some Bond Films, and also worked on Storyboards and Concept art for a never-released Star Trek film.

Does that work?

EDIT: Also, I used Google. It's late and I didn't think about the fact that that was cheating. I was just googling because I was curious and then I wanted to share my find with you, so I may be disqualified if Google is not allowed. I have no claim to my intelligence here.

Edited by Actor Builder

Star Trek 2017 and SPECTRE were (or in the case of Star Trek) will be filmed at Pinewood Studios.

Okay, here's one:

Millenium Falcon and the Tardis.

Easy, the family guy episode where Peter is flying the Falcon and then we see Dr. Who in hyperspace.

Also, I used Google. It's late and I didn't think about the fact that that was cheating. I was just googling because I was curious and then I wanted to share my find with you, so I may be disqualified if Google is not allowed. I have no claim to my intelligence here.

That's just using your resources :wink:

I would've done: Former James Bond, Timothy Dalton, stars alongside Simon Pegg, the current Scotty, in Hot Fuzz.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Just wanted to add that in Back to the Future Marty says he is "Darth Vader". In Back to the Future, Doc is skeptic that "Ronald Reagan, the actor" is the president of the US in 1985.

Ooh! That's a good one.

Piece of cake. Disney :D

Hm. Seems too easy.

Here's a longer path:

Hades is voiced by James Woods, who was in the movie Contact with William Fichtner who was in Armageddon with Owen Wilson, who was in Cars with John Ratzenberger, who was in Empire Strikes Back.