toothdominoes

[MOC] Goat herding Turaga

After building and lurking in the various Bionicle communities since day 1 of the theme, I decided to start posting some of the stupid things I build. You can find larger pictures on my Flickr stream. Enjoy!

ram_herding_turaga_by_orsuszoktavir-da67kts.jpg

"A deranged old Turaga who devoted his life to herding rams. Occasionally he rambles incoherently about some great escape that almost cost him his arm."

crazy_old_turaga_by_orsuszoktavir-da67kta.jpg

ram_by_orsuszoktavir-da67kul.jpg

"A not-so-bright looking ram with suspicious face paint."

Excellent build! The small animals admittedly steal the show, but the Turaga is great as well. Reminds me of the (ahem) fun I had grinding during MNOLG II in Po- Wahi... :)

All around great designs! Nice colour combos. That adult ram is especially impressive.

Awesome, great details, colours and "biomechanical" feel. The big goat is my favorite, but I also love the use of Luke Skywalker heads on the goatlings.

I absolutely love the head design on the herder and the sheep/goats are amazing as well. The overall style reminds me a bit of the stuff Brickthing builds.

Looking forward to seeing more builds from you!

The constraction themes never got to me but I keep being amazed by what skilled builders, such as yourself, can do with it. Excellent stuff!

This is very cool, but I gotta say, the big ram steals the show for me. Love how well the CCBS shells form convincing horns.

Thanks so much everyone! I am quite overwhelmed by the positive responses!

I absolutely love the head design on the herder and the sheep/goats are amazing as well. The overall style reminds me a bit of the stuff Brickthing builds.

Looking forward to seeing more builds from you!

Thank you for the kind words. You have a keen eye, there are definitely similarities to Brickthing, because he is both my inspiration and friend. I built this while I was hanging out with him and he was doing his own thing.

This is very cool, but I gotta say, the big ram steals the show for me. Love how well the CCBS shells form convincing horns.

Glad you like it, I was surprised by how simple of a technique could create such a neat shape.

These are awesome MOCs, and I have to say that big goat is so awesome! Any chance we could see some "under the skin" pictures of that goat for reverse engineering?

Click the edit button, then click "save changes". That should restore the image embeds. Although really, the forum should be closed again until the blasted update is actually done.

Edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman

This is very cool Toothdominoes, I am very impressed and inspired by the level detail and the unique use of parts in your model.