Sign in to follow this  
paul_delahaye

5611 Road Sweeper, Bin and Cart Review

index2.jpg

Here is the second impulse set I picked up at Bluewater at the weekend. I really should have got all 4 and the post van, the cargo plane, etc etc but I wanted to save some for next year :-)

17.jpg_thumb.jpg

Front of box

18.jpg_thumb.jpg

Back of box

19.jpg_thumb.jpg

Another cracking price of �2.50 GBP

20.jpg_thumb.jpg

Contents of the box, no big bricks

21.jpg_thumb.jpg

Single sided instruction manual

22.jpg_thumb.jpg

Just advertising on the back of the instructions

23.jpg_thumb.jpg

34 pieces within this set. 31 of them are used in the main set

24.jpg_thumb.jpg

Fill up the skip (It's a shame they have not designed this so the skip can be emptied by the recycle truck 7991 from this year, maybe a mod required here?)

25.jpg_thumb.jpg

Final clear up

26.jpg_thumb.jpg

All done

27.jpg_thumb.jpg

3 spare pieces, never a bad thing having extra rubbish

Overall,

I would say 7/10

Because, the wheels on the hand cart are too far apart and the lack of a lifting point on the skip for the recycle truck.

Comments???

Merry Christmas

Edit by Hobbes: Replaced pictures with clickable thumbs and corrected set number.

Thanks for the review! *y* Nice clear pictures, but they are a bit big. ;-)

I like this set, the minifigure looks good and the accessories are cool! *y* It is a shame about the price though. *n*

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thanks for the review! *y* Nice clear pictures, but they are a bit big. ;-)

I like this set, the minifigure looks good and the accessories are cool! *y* It is a shame about the price though. *n*

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thanks,

Pics look fine on my 20" widescreen 1680 x 1050 res. I've already reduced the size of them by 50%

Maybe this is why they look so big on everyone elses screen?

Merry Christmas

Paul. . .

Yay! This set comes with a good face!

BTW nice pictures, the guy that told you to resize them must just be mad at his 56k modem.

Thanks for the review, look at all that orange! *wub* *y*

~Peace

Thanks for the pictures. I may have to get this one to add to my orange. *sweet*

Thanks,

Pics look fine on my 20" widescreen 1680 x 1050 res. I've already reduced the size of them by 50%

Maybe this is why they look so big on everyone elses screen?

Merry Christmas

Paul. . .

Well most people don't run screens at that res. I run both of mine at 1280x1024 and I think that the average still is 1024x768. Even so, I think people should limit image sizes to 800x600 or less. I tend to go for 650x488 myself. This is for a few reasons;

1. You really don't need images greater than 650 in most cases
  2. It takes less time to load
  3. For many it is a good size for their screen

Nice review :-) Looks like an interesting set, though I fear the price in Norway will be too high. With the UK price being 2.5 GBP I wouldn't be surprised if the Norwegian price is 30 NOK, which in my opinion makes it just a tiny bit too expensive. On the other hand, 30 NOK is what I pay for a cup of good coffee, so it's not that bad ;-)

One reason I see for not getting this is that the advent calendar included something almost identical (days 19,20 and 21), though there was no cart.

Well most people don't run screens at that res. I run both of mine at 1280x1024 and I think that the average still is 1024x768. Even so, I think people should limit image sizes to 800x600 or less. I tend to go for 650x488 myself.

Indeed. I really don't think satisfying the 800x600 crowd is necessary (they are few and far between these days), but aiming for a size that fits 1024x768 is a must. Personally I use my laptop a lot of the time, and it has 1024x768. And when posting pictures on EB it's important to remember that the user information box on the left takes up around 200 pixels. So I think something around 700 pixels wide is suitable for this forum, I see PSPguy used 692 pixels width for his pictures in the Police Helicopter Review, and those pictures are (in my opinion at least) just the right size.

Also, doing some cropping of the pictures could be a good idea, several of the pictures in this review has lots of pointless gray nothingness. This way you can keep the level of detail, but still get decent sized images.

i wonder why they never use this part instead for the trolley 6231.jpg

But it could be worse... TLG could have use the standard red trolley. :-/

but nice review! can't wait for these mini-sets to come to my shores!