VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

I just noticed that this passed by without any of us mentioning it here. It seems despite the fact both Bionicle and Lego Pirates are canceled themes; Lego featured them both in a series on their YouTube channel two months back. The pirates have kept going in other videos encountering current Lego themes, but the fact it started with Pirates v. Bionicle is rather funny in my opinion. Oh, and Tahu kicks butt. In a weird way, this might be the last Bionicle commercial ever made, unless Lego does a G3 in the far off future.

2 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I just noticed that this passed by without any of us mentioning it here. It seems despite the fact both Bionicle and Lego Pirates are canceled themes; Lego featured them both in a series on their YouTube channel two months back. The pirates have kept going in other videos encountering current Lego themes, but the fact it started with Pirates v. Bionicle is rather funny in my opinion. Oh, and Tahu kicks butt. In a weird way, this might be the last Bionicle commercial ever made, unless Lego does a G3 in the far off future.

Cool! Is it a teaser?

Assuming that G3 would be mixed with Egyptian/islander environment, it would be better than G2, but let's hope!

Edited by Chimaninja454

It was a weird somewhat silly mostly harmless video until Tahu burned the pirates alive in a boat.

"Who will the pirates attack next?"

Well Tahu just killed them all, burned them to death and sent the ship to the bottom of the ocean.

My local Walmart had Ketar on clearance for 5 dollars. And it was already on clearance for 10 prior. So out of pity I bought two of them just so I'd have an even number of the tanish vorox armor.

36 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

My local Walmart had Ketar on clearance for 5 dollars. And it was already on clearance for 10 prior. So out of pity I bought two of them just so I'd have an even number of the tanish vorox armor.

After I bought Ekimu I lost desire to continue collecting the Bionicle sets for the time being, but I have a feeling in a few months the story of Bionicle 2016 for me will be "Bricklinking stuff I should have bought a year ago!" :laugh: I am only three or so sets away from completing the entire retail range of Bionicle 2015 sets, so I figure after that 2016 is next!