Sign in to follow this  
ShrikeArghast

New Zealand Railways 3' J-Class 4-8-2 Streamliner (1939)

1) I have no idea why I did this. I have no connection to New Zealand - I've never been there, probably will never go, and am unlikely to ever build this model. Honestly, the bulbous tender caught my eye, plus the locomotive looks a fair amount like the ones from Final Fantasy VII (or even a miniature GS-6)... and I'm an enormous, unshakable Anglophile, though I don't know that even counts, as NZ hasn't been a part of the Empire for a long time. Anyway...

2) Yes, the running gear isn't functional (yet), though I might be able to figure it out, or (more likely) resolve it with some Big Ben parts, given that the driver spacing is standard. Of course, as I said, I'm unlikely to ever construct it. But I digress.

Video:

Prototype:

T3e68MO.jpg

tDJqMMQ.jpg

uWzK3G1.jpg

YM4wfZi.jpg

90XJAAk.jpg

Model:

0kRJlbC.png

YfM8a6s.png

E3pqV6u.png

RtmjRm7.png

Honestly, I just love narrow gauge.

Edited by ShrikeArghast

Don't worry too much about the 'why'. It's a slick-looking engine.

I have a similar case. Normally I don't really like anything not found in the U.S., but for some reason I fell in love with the Soviet P36 4-8-4 and E-class 0-10-0 steam locomotives, both of which I wish to construct and run.

p36-0251r2.jpg

Edited by LoneBrickerSG

Nice try, i have also been on this loco not bad runners and they dont get much bigger than this in little NZ.

Wwould love to get the plans off you for my lego shows in NZ.