Wardancer

Do people actually use bicklink mocshop?

Hi,

I am currently trying to get some little moc into the bricklink mocshop, thereore I wonder:

1. Has someone bought stuff there?

and a second question:

2. Would you buy a moc on mocshop if its price to number of pieces ratio were close to a real set?

and

3. What is your general experience as a mocshop seller?

1: no.

2: no.

3: N/A.

I understand I'm probably not the response you're after, but we can't have the positive be over-represented.

1: no.

2: no.

3: N/A.

I understand I'm probably not the response you're after, but we can't have the positive be over-represented.

Good point! Thanks for your answer!

1. No

2. No

3. N/A

But if Bricklink carries the Mocshop, then people must use it.
I was wondering the same, but at the same time haven't spotted any new MOCs advertised on main BL page. It is always a limited number of same MOCs being in rota.

Hmm, maybe it is only used by people who want to showcase their mocs.

My first impression was: 1) many 'useless' mocs for someone like me who is focussed on fantasy and 2) bigger mocs tend to become too expensive.

Hi,

I am currently trying to get some little moc into the bricklink mocshop, thereore I wonder:

and a second question:

2. Would you buy a moc on mocshop if its price to number of pieces ratio were close to a real set?

and

1. No
  2. Definitely not. Lego designs are of a high enough quality that a MOC would both have to look beautiful and be less than 10¢/piece to even be worth giving consideration. The value that official (often unique) minifigures add can't be overstated, either. Even if I liked the design, if it's not significantly cheaper than a similarly sized set, I would just take inspiration from you, other builders, and other sources to make my own MOC. Sorry.
  3. N/A

There might be people who buy from BL MOC Shop. Not everyone has the skills to MOC. It may depend on the type of MOC. Whether it is something they want and willing to spend money on. Can't say for sure since we don't have access to actual sales number.

1. no

2. no

3. n/a

But if Bricklink carries the Mocshop, then people must use it.

Not necessarily, maybe they made it because they thought it would generate sales (I have no idea if it does or not). Now that they have it, it probably does not cost them much to keep it going.

As for the questions:

1. No

2. Probably not

3. N/A

Personally I don't see much of a market for this kind of shop; For it to be attractive for sellers you would need a price level that is higher than what potential customers are willing to spend (IMO).

1. No.

2. Probably not. I'm not necessarily opposed to buying a MOC, but I rarely seek that kind of thing. And Bricklink's MOC shop in particular leaves a sour taste in my mouth after Bricklink's sleazy move to use the old lego.cuusoo.com url to redirect to their own offshoot of the MOC shop after Lego Ideas migrated to ideas.lego.com.

3. N/A

Edited by Lyichir

And Bricklink's MOC shop in particular leaves a sour taste in my mouth after Bricklink's sleazy move to use the old lego.cuusoo.com url to redirect to their own offshoot of the MOC shop after Lego Ideas migrated to ideas.lego.com.

Wait, what?! Seriously? How would they even do that?!

I tried that, and it doesn't seem to work. I know that cuusoo urls redirected to ideas for 6 months following the transition, but I don't recall it ever redirecting to Cuusoo brick or the MOC shop.

Edited by Umbra-Manis

I tried that, and it doesn't seem to work. I know that cuusoo urls redirected to ideas for 6 months following the transition, but I don't recall it ever redirecting to Cuusoo brick or the MOC shop.

Maybe it's been changed, but I was sure I remembered it being like that right after the introduction of Cuusoo brick...

Hmm no positive experiences at all... Maybe I should have saved the time I used to upload my ballista. bricklink have been "approving" the moc for over two weeks now, although It says 3-5 workdays.

Hi,

and a second question:

and

1. I bought 3 sets from there...and now a 4th. 2 arrived in a timely manner but 2 of them took a while because they had to collect the parts. It'd have been nice if they actually kept parts on hand to sell but I guess they wait until an order actually comes before collecting parts.

2. Yes, I would..

3. N/A